0 0%
  • Thriller

8 47.06%
  • War

0 0%
  • Western

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favorite & least favorite movie genres.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Xanatos's Avatar

Favorite & least favorite movie genres.

I'm huge fan of thrillers (mostly crime thrillers) and science fiction movies. Star Trek got me heavily into science fiction, thus certain Star Trek movies such as the First Contact and The Wrath of Khan are among my favorites. Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Alien series, Star Wars the original trilogy as well among many other. As for thrillers, Fight Club, Memento, The Usual Suspects, The Prestige, ..., there's certain pattern here, all movies with great twist to them.

Horror would be my least favorite genre. It's not because I'm easily scared, it's just the opposite, most horror movies I've seen failed to scare me, quite terribly while I'm at it. I find horror movies to be usually cheap and kinda funny to be honest.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Mystyrion

Re: Favorite & least favorite movie genres.

I couldn't really say that I could pick a favorite genre or even a few genres. Almost all of my favorite movies are from a different genre.

That being said. I hate horror. At least current horror films. They aren't anything like they use to be.

I invented Go-Gurt. Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Clint's Avatar

I like science fiction and westerns, which is unfortunate, since the two never really cross. On rare occasions, however, it is done. Such as the movie Serenity. It's a western story, and western characters, thrown into a science fiction backdrop. It's fantastic.

Anyway, those are my two favorite genres. My least favorite would probably be romance. It's gross. All men in romance films are *****whipped, and still in the honeymoon stage of a relationship. It's unrealistic, mushy, and pisses me off.

I'm also not that big into musicals. I never understood why the director of such films would make people randomly singing show tunes while walking down the street. It doesn't make sense. In a realistic sense, the characters in musicals are clinically insane.

Chief Inspiring Officer Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite would be mystery/suspense. I love a good twist of unexpected horror, too.
    My least favorite would be those annoying high school movies where young, ridiculously beautiful people strive to accomplish a corny dream, get side-tracked/berated/humiliated by immature antagonists. In the middle, they feel mopey/get distracted for awhile, get advice from some sappy friend/parent/old fogey and suddenly try their hardest, complete an insane amount of progress in very little time and predictably end up winning whatever stupid dance/singing/popularity contest/tournament (you know the ones, I'm sure). Those I cannot stand.
    Last edited by Cyanist; 06-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

All evil will see the light Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Assassin's Avatar

I love comedy and romance. It's something I like to watch when I like to relax. Mostly I watch romantic-comedy movies. They're the best. I love horror. Nothing's better than a good horror movie that can help you get your mind off things. And thriller is also good. It's exciting!

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

I will finish the hunt Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love comedy's. I love to laugh. It takes my mind off the real things that are happening, and sometimes they are insightful as well. I think mostly they teach me not too take life to seriously.

I don't care much for westerns or war movies. Westerns mostly because I live in a very hot state. Anything that reminds me of heat and the desert I just wanna stay away from. War movies....I don't really know why I don't like them. If it has nothing to do with predator I don't watch them. lol
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Asking all the personal questions. Favorite & least favorite movie genres. RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Horror would be my least favorite genre. It's not because I'm easily scared, it's just the opposite, most horror movies I've seen failed to scare me, quite terribly while I'm at it. I find horror movies to be usually cheap and kinda funny to be honest.
    It has done a complete turn around haven't they horror movies back in the old days aren't like that any more. I think the term horror has been replaced my teen slash now. Horror generally just means blood and guts. Thrillers are scary because they mess with your mind and if you get a really good one where music and cinematography are in sync then that can prove for one scary freaking movie.

I like most genres of movies as long as it doesn't waste 2 hours of my life than I am pretty satisfied. But if you gave me a choice between a romance/comedy/family and an anime/action/sci-fi then I will always go with the latter choices.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Catalana's Avatar

I like History films about great and famous men and women like ... Alexander the great or Cesar or the last I saw was Agora... not bad at all Or some which talk about THE WW and other topics
    I love history, more than an interest... it's a hobby O.O haha

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Registered Uber Favorite & least favorite movie genres. Hobaginator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddamn Clint Eastwood View Post
    All men in romance films are *****whipped, and still in the honeymoon stage of a relationship. It's unrealistic, mushy, and pisses me off.
    This. Romance is my least favorite.

I'd have to say I like any movie that can combie action, drama and comedy into one storyline seamlessly. Movies like this can be in any genre really, whether it's the Outlaw Jesse James, or Inglorious Basterds. One minute I'm laughing, next I'm sad, then I'm on the edge of my seat. It makes the movie much more personal when it tugs your emotions around and puts your mood through a rollercoaster. Few movies accomplish this for me effectively.

Besides that, I enjoy informative, unbiased documentaries and some comedies.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.