Thread: Favorite Gundam Series..

Death Before Dishonor Favorite Gundam Series.. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite Gundam Series..

Me, and all of my friends always dispute on this subject. Which is the best Gundam. All of the Gundam's are good, but what is your favorite.

For me it is Wing. I enjoy the story. The characters are all well thought up.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

レイール★レイヴン Favorite Gundam Series.. SacredAngel13's Avatar

Re: Favorite Gundam Series..

wow! i love Gundam!
    my fave series is Gundam 00. and my fave chara is Lockon Stratos, he's cool!

and i think Gundam Seed-Destiny is not bad too..
    i like Lacus's personality
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

Stream Crosser Favorite Gundam Series.. Ann's Avatar

Gundam Seed Destiny is great. Personally I hate Gundam Seed and I think its sequel is much better. Fllay was really annoyed thank's god Kira lives happily ever after with Lacus in the end
    My favourite character is Athrun Zala, and I like Eternal Mothership

Registered User Favorite Gundam Series.. WilsonDean1990's Avatar

I would say Wing, but i haven't seen any others so i have nothing to compare with

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

I want to play a game. Favorite Gundam Series.. Zargabaath's Avatar

I haven't seen all of the Gundam series unfortunately but I have liked all of the ones I have watched.

First the original series that I was drawn into their story of isolation and survival for the most part; I sadly never finished Mobile Suit Gundam, but I did go pretty far into the show and was greatly entertained. Everytime a new obstacle came around I thought "would they survive this time or would they get captured or destroyed. Mobile Suit Gundam really drew me in.

Gundam Wing had great characters and great character relationships with a wonderful story, as well as G Gundam and Gundam 00. All their premises have been unique and nicely done. Then there is 08th MS Team that adds realism to the Gundam franchise like never before and has one of the saddest endings;
    Spoiler:
    even though they survive they lost limbs and are hobbling out of the cave (I believe).

Pretty tough decision here as I like all them on a very even level. I would have to say that I don't have a favourite Gundam series but that I like a lot of them very much.

Also, for those that don't know. There is a new 6-part OVA set in the Universal Century timeline called Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The beginning takes place in U.C. 0001 showing the start of human space colonization and the Laplace Incident. The bulk of the show though takes place three years after Char's Counterattack.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 10-31-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Edited for spoiler. I mean, come on.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Postingway Favorite Gundam Series.. Maciariello's Avatar

Easily 08th MS Team. Shiro Amada is a very good main character and I love the group of characters the show focuses on. The love story between he and Aina is wonderful, too.

Basically anything that deals with UC 0079 or around there. Such a great story.
    Frank Jaeger - "A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal."

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Favorite Gundam Series.. Treize's Avatar

I haven't seen a lot of the earlier Gundam series, but from what I have seen, Gundam 00 is my favorite. The story just interested me more than the other Gundam shows. Also, this is because it is newer, but the animation is great. Gundam Seed was pretty good, but I'm starting to lose interest in it. It is pretty long if you include Destiny, and the plot gets pretty boring at points. G Gundam really isn't that great. Gundam Wing is also very good, but I preferred Gundam 00 a little bit more. That could be because Gundam 00 is a little more fresh in my memory, though... I don't think I've seen an earlier Gundam series, so one of those could possibly be the best, and I'm missing out.
    Last edited by Treize; 04-18-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Favorite Gundam Series.. Ragtime's Avatar

I'll have to go with Wing. I've seen bits of the other ones, but they don't seem as good as Gundam Wing IMO.

Learner Favorite Gundam Series.. CloudTide's Avatar

I have yet to read Gundam Seed Destiny but my favorite so is SEED Astray.
    I read the original SEED so Astray was even better for me.
    Lowe rocks!
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Memento Rhapso Favorite Gundam Series.. Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

G-Gundam! I remember watching that show when I was a kid, it was the best thing ever next to YuYuHakasho and Zoids! Ah, thanks for reminding me of that show lol
    I liked the battle system and how the Gundam were controlled in it, plus it was a closer, deeper character development type Gundam show if memory serves correctly. Keep in mind I was like eight at the time, so please no uber-flaming
    Last edited by Rhaps; 05-14-2010 at 06:35 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

i gotta say i like Gundam Wing compaired to the others adn i loved the Gundams design and got teh artbook which i treasure
    didnt like the movie Endless Waltz much tho

Fox Favorite Gundam Series.. fivetail_uzimaki's Avatar

I am a huge Gundam fan though have not seen all of them. Definitely a huge fan of Gundam Wing, Seed-Destiny, G Gundam, 008th MS Team, and 00 & Mobile Suit Gundam. Once I watch the rest, then will give you my complete opinion.
    But I'd Like A Cookie!!!

Controlling With Fear Favorite Gundam Series.. Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I like Gundam Wing, Gundam G, and Gundam 00. I think Gundam Seed is horrible. But if its one thing i've learned over the years it's that Gundam Seed has one hell of a fan base, so i guess it's not all that bad.

The Quiet One Favorite Gundam Series.. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gundam Seed is good if you have seen Mobile Suit Gundam and really enjoy the Universal Century timeline. They make a lot of references, nods and fanservice for the fans of the UC timeline. This is especially true with Gundam Seed Destiny, which is bad, but for different reasons. However, you can still enjoy Destiny because of it Zeta references and the fact that it is dripping with MS Gundam references from the Zakus to one of the more famous lines "This is no Zaku!" actually making it into Destiny.

But I like Destiny for a couple reasons and hate it for one reason. Shinn Asuka is the reason I hate it and also the reason I like to watch it. I can deal with an angry ticked off at the world for screwing me over character, for a while. But he needs to change and become a likeable character, Shinn never becomes one. The first I watched the show half way through I was cheering on Kira and Athrun to kick his butt in his spoiled brat Gundam. I cheered when Shinn kept realizing that he failed to kill the Seed characters and that they were totally putting him in his place. And seeing him totally lost at the end after he had one last chance to redeem himself, made me so happy specially since Athrun totally showed him up while not in Seed mode while Shinn was all berserker in Seed mode.

The reason I watch Destiny is to see Shinn get his butt kicked because he's a terrible protagonist. He makes for a decent villain, but he always just taking orders and never thinks for himself so he makes for a really bad villain most of the time since he doesn't have a mind of his own. The thing that makes Destiny interesting is the fact that the main character is pretty much the villain of the show, since the actual "Villain" is pretty easily dealt with in the end. He made for a better villain, but he was just a leader. It is the ones in the mobile suits that are actually the villains and Shinn was pretty much it along with Rey. But Rey wasn't so good, he was more devious and certainly had better villain material, but he's a terrible pilot.

In the end Kira and Athrun tell Shinn he's a bad main character and steal the show from him and take control of everything. And so everyone that you've following and supposed to be "rooting for" end up being the villains at the end of the show. So if for nothing else mixing up roles like that makes Destiny interest. It is just a shame it was not designed that way, everything I've read says that it got changed because of Kira's popularity and Shinn totally failing as a likable main character. Shinn never managed to actually grow and by the end he was just all emo and emo anger.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Controlling With Fear Favorite Gundam Series.. Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Gundam Seed is good if you have seen Mobile Suit Gundam and really enjoy the Universal Century timeline. They make a lot of references, nods and fanservice for the fans of the UC timeline.

I watched alot of Mobile Suit Gundam, and i liked older feel to it. As far as Gundam Seed i only gave it 5 episodes before i stopped watching. I know most of my friends like Destiny, sadly i haven't seen it. But i'm gonna try and give the series a second try soon.

The Quiet One Favorite Gundam Series.. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd ask your friends why they like Destiny though before going in on their recommendation. People like Destiny for a variety of reasons, most of which tend to end up clashing with each other. So I'd be careful going into Destiny since you stopped watching Seed. But you may like it better than Seed, who knows.

I will say that Seed still probably has one of my favorite and most intense Gundam vs Gundam battles in all of the Gundam I've watched. The fight only lasts for like 30 thirty seconds, but the staging for the fight and presentation is quite awesome to behold.

Thinking of Gundam, Gundam UC is out now on the PSN. So I need to think about downloading Episode 1 and 2 to watch.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner