Thread: Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim

Registered User Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim Melsaphim's Avatar

Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim

Hey guys, I'm not a very good artist by any distance but i have fun doing it even if it doesn't always look good and i started by merely drawing anime characters i like that don't really deviate much from the original artwork

Firstly here is my deviantart addy for anyone interested in seeing the rest of my doodles; Melsaphim on deviantART

And now for a few examples of my attempts at arty-ness;

And a quick one of a painting i did on a Magic the Gathering land card for fun;

Hope you all like. I am slowly working on other things, some FF based and am posting on my deviantart when they're done. Though if anyone wants to see more on here i will be happy to post them

Cheers
    Mels

Chief Inspiring Officer Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim

Hey! This is some really great stuff! I love the Ed! And that Winry is awesome! What kind of materials do you use?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Thankyou, mostly i just doodle on printer paper with some derwent pencils i have lying around, i don't use a particular type of pencil like Hb or anything and all my little paintings on card are done with games workshop acrylic paints for miniatures. Once i'm done drawing i scan them in and post them up. to be fair if i took a more planned approach to things they might turn out better

Chief Inspiring Officer Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Better than THAT?!? WHOA!! challenge alert! So come on! show some awesomeness!
    My scanner has been really finicky with me lately, leaving yellow blurs across the middle of perfectly white paper (quite embarrassing). What model do you use?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

the night man cometh Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim Joxsjua's Avatar

haahaa. Good stuff. Nice Elrics and who doesn't like themselves a Whinry?

I'm a big fan of Evangeleon and I dabble in some Planeswalker AI solo battles on Steam but I gotta ask, why a Rei on a land card?? lol
    Cool drawings and painting. Doing a bang up job! Can not wait to see more of your work.

Registered User Drawing Attempts by Melsaphim Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're a good artist! Anime can be really hard to draw but you've one it really well. I don't know what the anime is but the second drawing is my favourite, it's brill.

Good job

Quote Originally Posted by cyanosuke View Post
    Better than THAT?!? WHOA!! challenge alert! So come on! show some awesomeness!
    My scanner has been really finicky with me lately, leaving yellow blurs across the middle of perfectly white paper (quite embarrassing). What model do you use?
    HaHa well i'm working on some new things atm, what with the huge collection of about a dozen how to draw manga books ive gathered, so hopefully the new things will be upto the standards you guys hope for i have however finished a few more paintings on land cards for my MTG deck both being from Hellsing.

I had a few problems with yellowing on an old scanner i had but that one died when i fell off my bed onto it >< atm im looking at getting a new printer/scanner combo or maybe just a stand alone scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Joxsjua View Post
    haahaa. Good stuff. Nice Elrics and who doesn't like themselves a Whinry?

I'm a big fan of Evangeleon and I dabble in some Planeswalker AI solo battles on Steam but I gotta ask, why a Rei on a land card?? lol
    Cool drawings and painting. Doing a bang up job! Can not wait to see more of your work.
    Rei on land, dunno why the picture just looked like it would work perfectly on an island and i had a huge bunch of full picture lands lying around and so the painting began. I have a few more paintings ready to put up on my DA and some drawings im working on so if anyone would like me to post them here to just ask and i shall serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie View Post
    You're a good artist! Anime can be really hard to draw but you've one it really well. I don't know what the anime is but the second drawing is my favourite, it's brill.

Good job
    Thankyou i believe im far from good myself but its all about what you guys think in the end. All three of the pencil drawings above are from the anime series full metal alchemist, one of my all time favourite shows and the 'vic' in the sign is Vic Mignogna who voices the character edward elric in the dubbed version of the series.

Thanks for the praise everyone and like i said if you would like to see anymore just ask and i shall post

Cheers
    Mels