Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered User Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs!

Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs!

Because alliteration makes everything more fun! Hey, it's a lot better than calling it "Dodie's Doodles", which came really close to being the actual title.

So here is some of my work. I know that the pictures are really fuzzy. It's because all I have is my Webcam. These are mostly done as rough sketches in just HB #2 pencils.

First one is of Sora from the original Kingdom Hearts. I already shown Fate and ViviMasterMage, and now I'm going to show all of you! Well, the ones that look at this thread anyway:

Here's one more! This one I did when I was taking classes to be a Graphic Designer.

This was a project in my Color class (yay! Color!). Anyway, this was a final project where we had to recreate to the best of our ability a painting from an Old Master. I don't remember which Old Master I chose, or the title of the work, but here it is. This one was done using mixed media (Guache paint, prismacolor pencils, and graphite).

I love to do all kinds of art, but my FAVORITE would be figure drawing. I think that the human body is pretty amazing and it's such a joy to draw on paper. Also, I love color, but sometimes using color can be a bit of a hassle. That's why most (nearly all) of my works are done in just plain graphite.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-12-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Update for my Art thread!!! I only have three that I wanna show: two are pretty old, and the other is one that I JUST finished like not that long ago. I'm talking, like, MINUTES ago (because I can't sleep and it seemed like something to do). I still have the graphite on my fingers from where I was smudging it so I could get the shading to look decent.

Yes, you still have to deal with the fact that I only have a webcam to take pictures of these projects I did. Oh, and I figured out how to put my pictures as attachments. Go me!

Well without further ado, here's some more stuff to look at:

First pic is when I was in 2D design class. It's the final project we had to do. Basically, it's a watercolor painting of a building that was on campus (20 internet dollars if you can guess the building. The very phallic-looking clock tower is a pretty big hint. ). The project was linear and color perspective. If I recall correctly, I got a pretty good grade on it. Oh, and sorry it's kind of wrinkly. The paper is pretty cheap.
    Media: Guache Watercolor Paint in various colors (mixing water colors is a pain in the ass... I prefer dry media...)

Second is a study of the grey scale. We had to find any image and copy the basic shape of the design and use different shades of grey on various parts. I picked that one, because I thought the pose was really neat.
    Media: Guache Watercolor paint (mixing black and white to make grey)

Well, that's what I got for you for this update, O viewers of my art thread. I hope you liked what you saw. I plan on doing more pencil sketches of things that I feel like drawing, so I guess you have that to look forward to, sometime when I feel like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-12-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Waaaahh you're good!! Especially that Sora and Sephiroth manga-style. I bet they'll look even better if you had them colored

Your shading is awesome. That's the most difficult thing to do when I'm drawing T^T

^^Hey, thanks a bunch! Yeah, my stuff would look better if it was colored, but I just don't do it all that often. I probably will sometime though, because I like how they look afterwards.

Weeeeeeell... I suppose I'll update this a bit with some more stuff I did. Don't want to just leave ya'll hanging.

WHO WANTS SOME FANART?

More specifically, sketches of FF characters that I did when I was bored. If I liked a pose that they were in, I tried to recreate the image to the best of my ability on paper, so sorry for the lack of originality in this update. Again. Webcamera. Deal. But this time I cropped a bunch stuff not related to the pics that are oh-so-present in my first couple of updates...:

First up is Basch fon Ronsenburg. This isn't a full sketch of him, because I did something that no artist should ever do... I went beyond the limits of the paper that I was drawing on, so there wasn't any room left to put his legs in. Haha...whoops.

Anyway, it's just him in the pose I saw on the cover of a magazine when FFXII was about to be released.

Next up, Vincent Valentine. For Vincent, I did a close-up and a full-view of the same image I drew, just so you all can see the detail, I suppose. Anyway, this pose is in the Dirge of Cerberus booklet thing that comes with the game.

Thirdly, we have Zack Fair. I think I saw this pose in some official artwork for the game before it was released. Anyway, you all just get the full-view, because the face kind of really sucks... Also, please disregard the fact that you can see my fingers at the bottom of the picture.

Well, I suppose I'll throw another sketch of Seph back up in the mix. This is just a study of his head. Not too bad. I have some issues with the eyes, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it.

All of these were done in just a regular #2 pencil.

Well, that's what I got for you. I hope you all enjoyed it! I have more projects from when I was studying art in school, but I doubt you'll want to see any of those, so I'll probably not upload them, unless I just come across a really good one. So when I update again, it will most likely be some more sketches of things I did in my free time.

Thanks for looking at my stuff everyone!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Ellipsis Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    ...I'm jealous of your shading skills now. >A< I'm so bad at shading, my drawings look like crap when I do.
    Zack's face isn't that crappy, actually. You just need that one Zack touch (which is a very creepy but handsome "Zack" smirk on his face ).

.....What's your dA? I have to watch you, man.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Blog Entries
    You've got some pretty nice stuff there. I'm no expert but the shading really does look good.

Props for sketching the captain, he's my second favorite FF character. Do you do mainly the standard character poses or more dynamic stuff (like Sephiroth's battle stance) too?

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

@ Meigumi- I don't have a dA thing yet. I visit the site sometimes, but this site is the only one that I ever thought about putting my stuff up for. As for the Zack sketch, I did try to do the smirk a bit, but it didn't look right. I'll have to work on it a bit more to see if I can get it this time.

@ DragonHeart- Battle poses are a new thing I'm doing. Most of my stuff is just like a regular standing pose when it come to drawing FF characters, so that's my main thing, I suppose. There's a couple of original drawings that have a more action-oriented pose, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to show those just yet. I think I will sometime though.

Thanks both of you for the comments! As for shading, it did take a lot of practice for me to get good at it. I had an art teacher in 9th grade that no matter how much work I put into a drawing, the shading was never good enough... So I practiced, practiced, practiced, and practiced some more. I suppose it paid off!

Thanks again for looking at my works!

Well, I have one more drawing I'll go ahead and put up for you all. This one is Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Again, it's just a sketch of him of a pose that I really liked. Enjoy the Riku-ness! Oh, and it's mainly the top half, because it's not quite finished. Those shoes are giving me a bit of trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs!-riku-cropped-jpg 
    Last edited by Dodie16; 12-20-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries
    Can't say I blame you, SE characters tend to have fairly odd fashion sense, up to and including shoes. XD I imagine it takes quite a bit of work to get all the little details right, even with references.

~DragonHeart~

Tell me when you already have dA accounts
    I'll watch you for sure.

Yesshh shading needs a LOT of practicing T^T
    I only start focusing on drawing this year... Any tips you can give for shading?? ^^

If I get on dA, I'll be sure to let you all know.

I've never given art advice before, because no one has ever asked for it. I'll try to give you some pointers, but I don't explain things very good.

Well, the way I do it is I try to imagine where a light source is hitting on my sketch and then I just go from there. Also, I go from darkest to lightest, so if a light source is going to hit the left side of the drawing, I work my way to it by starting on the right side and making that part really dark and gradually getting lighter. Also, I use my fingers to smudge up the areas that looke too jagged, so it looks smoother when you're transitioning between the values of the shades.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but after all the practice I had, it finally clicked with me. When I first started out, I would practice shading simple shapes, like circles and stuff. Eventually I worked my way up to more complex shapes and finally got to where I could shade the human figure pretty decent.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Guess what?

Me again.

And I brings more stuffs I did to shows you all. Well, all who are interested in what I have to offer anyway.

Okay, so I've been looking at my drawings, and I realize that they would indeed look good in color. Problem? I seem to have misplaced my prismacolor pencils, which are like my FAVORITE way to add color to my works. So until then, either A.) You have to keep looking at just my pencil sketchings, or B.) I have to find a new way to add color to my stuff.

I went with option B, because I love you all so much.

Anyway, I decided to dabble in a bit of computery stuff, so now I have some digital art to shows you.

First one is my very first (VERY FIRST!) attempt at digital art. It's of a girl, because girls are easier to draw for me that guys, even though like most of what I've shown so far is of guys. I sketched her out first, and then took a picture of it. Then I added color using the GIMP progam, which is an awesome program.

I went ahead and added in the original sketch as well. You'll notice that the color one is cropped from this one. Well, there's a reason for that. I got lazy, and didn't feel like doing the whole thing.

Next we have one that I got finished like MINUTES ago. Yep, this one is hot of the presses, or whatever good analogy you can think of that means this one has just gotten finished. Again, it's a girl. Not much else to say about it.

It seems I do a lot of back poses, yeah? Not really. I just started doing that, because it's a challenge for me. I'll work on some regular poses for you all and upload them here sometime.

Last, I'll go ahead and upload another pencil sketch of a Final Fantasy character. Hey? Who is that? Basch fon Ronsenburg when he took his brother's place as a judge.

Well, those are what I got for you all. I hope you liked what you saw.

Thanks for looking at my work!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries
    If you hadn't mentioned it being an early attempt I would never have known, your coloring looks great. It doesn't look really digital either, it does look a lot like you did it by hand. At least in my opinion, anyway.

And another sketch of the captain, awesome. <3 I don't mean to nitpick and it may be a consequence of the low image quality but something about his lips looks a little off to me. I can't figure out why. Maybe it's my under-caffeinated brain playing tricks. Other than that he's appropriately serious. I've never liked his Judge look, though. Too severe for him, I think.

~DragonHeart~

I want to play a game. Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs!

HOLY MACKEREL DODIE!!!!!

That is some pretty good stuff; I especially liked the pencil study of your face - very well done. You get two thumbs up AND two big toes up from me.

If you had shown me your "old master" painting I would have thought that it was actually done by the original artist because I find that believable.

For your Sora and Sephiroth drawings did you use a model or was it all from your noggin?

Edit: Snippity Snap I've come back! I forget to mention that the thread name is snazzy and one of the best I've seen.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

hey can you do a picture of me huh huh huh can ya can ya can ya please please please nice artwork i wanna see how you would do with me

Hey, thanks for the feedback Z! As for the thread title, I try to think of things that would pique people's interests. Plus, it uses alliteration, which is always win.

For the Sora model, the pose was done from a thought I had in my head at the time, and I needed to get it down on paper, but to get all the detail just right, I had to look at a picture. For Sephiroth, I had my little cousin stand in his battle stance pose so I could get the arms to look right. She was a good little model though, and was happy to help.

@ DragonHeart- I know it's been a while since I've been to this thread, but I didn't forget about you. I was just waiting to respond until I had some more work to show so I wouldn't have to double post in this thread. Anyway, yeah, when you pointed out the thing about Basch's mouth, I noticed it too. =D I think it's because the top lining of his mouth is too dark and that may be what's causing it to look off. I haven't fixed it yet though, but it's no problem to lighten up something like that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

@ ethan- Haha... I guess I could throw in a fan artwork of Tidus sometime. =D I'll get on that when I have a chance.

Well, I do have some more works to show you all if you're interested. What do I have for you this time?

LANDSCAPES!!!

Yes. Landscapes. Also, they're done using GIMP, because I have yet to find my art supplies.

Well, let's get to it:

The first one you see is my first attempt using GIMP to do landscapes. Not too shabby. Definatly has a sunny day vibe going on.

The second is my second attempt. I'm a little more proud of this one. Maybe because I like the way the mountains look a lot better. I think maybe I should have used a bit more saturated color though, but looking at it some more, it looks like how the place would look early in the morning.

Anyway, that's what I've been working on lately. I plan to either do more landscapes in the future, because honestly, I need the practice. Also, I think a few still lifes could be fun to do.

Oh, and I threw in a couple of old works as well. Sorry for the lack of color, and the crap quality (gotta love that webcam...). The pics you see there are basically the same character that you saw in my first attempt to use digital art, with a little variations here and there. The first one was just an attempt to do a laying pose, and the other a sitting pose.

Well, that's what I got for ya. Thanks for looking at my stuff, and I hope you liked what you saw.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

are you sure you're a waitress and not a artist oh i know your dad was leonardo davinci right?????

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Wow simply amazing!!! Talk about some talent their Dodie!!! Man if i could draw half as good as you i would be in business!! Im with the "Dodie's Doodles" it has a nice catchy phrase to it! Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 02-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Do the elements trust you? Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! bahamuts heir's Avatar

are the colored ones photos or drawings?(I'm kidding but I seriously can't tell the difference they are that good) Your an awsome artist dodie(thinks of my drawings and bows head in shame) I wonder if your one of the best artists alive. Probably, but wow.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

O Rly? Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Arch's Avatar

Dodie your very talented. I like to draw but ive never been really good at it >.> ive only probably drawn two good pieces before and thats it in my whole life obviously your very talented i loved your self portrait, its amazing. Hope you do something great with your talent
    Last edited by Arch; 02-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

DAMN GIRL!!! Nice Drawings Big Sis (=^_^=)

Hey, Have You Checked Mine Yet?

I'm Actually Going To Post One Up Tonight, If I Can.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

wow this is very good i would be soooo honored if you mad a picture of TIDUS
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

SOLDIER 3rd Class Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Copperfire's Avatar

Nice. I like your artwork.

What the??? I have never made a comment in this thread?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

I have to say you have a talent there missy. Keep on practicing and keep up the good work. I can say over all I am very impressed. I knew you dabbled in digital but not in the good ol pen / pencil / charcol / paint world haha.

Too tired at the moment to really commend you on your work or critique it, I will have to come back and add some more comments heh!
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Very impressive. I like your work, especially the first line art you posted of Sora and Sephiroth. Very good eyes on Sephiroth especially

Do you know how to do vector? Those two would look great vectored.

Keep it up
    You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

Thanks for all the comments!

@ Ushinatta- I don't think I've ever really worked with vectors, but it seems interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks for the idea!

@ ethan- I have your Tidus pic, but I still have to add in the color. I promise that I didn't forget, I just been a little lazy...

I know... Been a while since I updated with any works. I have only one to show off, but it's one that I'm submitting to the Final Fantasy 500 project.

It's Filo from Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. She is the first of...I think 5 that I volunteered to try and recreate for the project.

I used a digital program to do the color, just like most of my other works that are colored in this thread, because I still don't have a scanner.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs!-filo-jpg 
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-12-2011 at 01:27 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Registered User Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Kaiden's Avatar

Wow this is the first I have seen of your drawings amazing work!! I have always been terrible at art. I dont draw and have never really had the desire to try but this makes me want to give it a go. I will have to start checking out everyones work here.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

The Lone Dagger Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Xithor's Avatar

Very nicely done Dodie, I liked all the sketchs you've done including way back to the first few posts with Sephiroth, Vincent, and Zack. Btw way to join FF500! It's what is motivating me to draw my latest sketches. I got lucky to get Zidane, I just joined so late into it that the majority of main characters were long gone lol. Keep up the good work!

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Imperius Rex Dodie's Deviously Delightful Designs! Storm's Avatar

Wow, I don't know how I didn't stumble upon your thread before, but you have some really nice artwork! The realistic mixed-media picture in your first post is really well done. I've always struggled with realistic humans, and can't paint to save myself, so that really shows some skill! It's nice seeing how you can use a variety of different media and styles- being an artist with variety is a really good thing!

Love it! ^.^
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

@ Kaiden- Aw. Anyone can do art. It's just finding your style. And yeah, if you ever get some free time, be sure to check out the other artists 'round here.

@ Xithor- Yeah, I saw the Final Fantasy 500 thing a while back, and I didn't really get motivated to try it out until I saw that you and Storm were participating, and then I gave it some more thought. I have a lot of free time right now, and this seemed like a pretty constructive way to spend it. And thanks for the comments about my pics!

@ Storm- Thanks! I think my "Old Masters" project turned out pretty well too, especially considering that's the first time I really worked with Prismacolor pencils. Painting isn't really a strong skill of mine either, which is why I like working with dry media the best.

Well, I have two more projects to show off. Both are for the Final Fantasy 500. First one is of Old Dalan from Final Fantasy XII, and the next is a moogle named Hurdy (also from FF XII):

I think I have the only fanart on the internet of Old Dalan. xD I couldn't find a decent pic of him to reference either, so I had to pop in my game disk and take a picture of him myself. And yes, I still only have a webcam, so it was really awkward to hold up my laptop to my tv screen and take the pic.

Hurdy turned out better than I expected. I'm not used to drawing fantasy creatures, so this was new, but it's "humanoid" enough that I had a bit of knowledge on how to get it done.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-12-2011 at 01:28 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Two more works to show off! Again, they're for the FF 500 Project. These came out...okay. I'm not completely satisfied with the result, but it'll have to do. The more I worked on both, the less I liked what was going on, so I settled with what I have now.

First up is Lazard Deusericus from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Not really feeling his face or hair that much...but it'll have to do.

Next is Sagi and Lisa Pacifist from Final Fantasy Unlimited. I wasn't signed up for these two particular characters, but they looked easy enough that I could get them done fairly quickly.

Last edited by Dodie16; 09-12-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast