Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Disney's Masterpieces

Registered User Disney's Masterpieces CloudvsLightning's Avatar

Re: Disney's Masterpieces

I liked (and still do) Mulan, The Lion King, Hercules, Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast. I hate the new Disney movies because they have none of that old charm that their movies used to have. I mean honestly - what's with the Disney channel? The Jonas Brothers (that isn't exactly a movie ....) HONESTLY? Disney sure has gone down hill. I mean some of their newer movies are ok but nothing beats the ones that came out before the new millennium.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

The Mad God Disney's Masterpieces Heartless Angel's Avatar

They really have declined in recent years, it's actually quite sad to face the reality that there will never again be a real Disney Masterpiece if this trend keeps up. I mean some of their live action movies are still alright, but they've got nothing on the classic animated films that put Disney on the map.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Controlling With Fear Disney's Masterpieces Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    They really have declined in recent years, it's actually quite sad to face the reality that there will never again be a real Disney Masterpiece if this trend keeps up. I mean some of their live action movies are still alright, but they've got nothing on the classic animated films that put Disney on the map.
    I agree. I don't know if you guys saw "Princess and the Frog", but it wasn't that good.

Registered User Disney's Masterpieces Zidane77's Avatar

I was really surprised with Toy Story 3. I went to see it with two friends, and i have to say it was really good. I won't say it's better than Toy Story, but i will say it's better than Toy Story 2.
    I thought all of them were really good but i agree. 1-3-2 in that order.
    Didn't finish Princess and the Frog, thought it wasn't that great but the idea how it was made like the classic was really good.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 10-19-2010 at 08:26 PM.

The Mad God Disney's Masterpieces Heartless Angel's Avatar

Well, I have to say it was one of their best attempts at making a real Disney movie in quite some time, but it wasn't entirely successful.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Disney's Masterpieces ZantetsukeN's Avatar

There are some amazing Disney films. I still love them even after however many years it's been since I first watch them. Films like Peter Pan (still my favourite), Bambi, The Lion King, Aladdin, Robin Hood, Lady and the Tramp, Fox and the Hound etc etc are all fantastic films. All the sequels are lame though, and a lot of them sort of tarnish the greatness of the originals. I will admit, the first Aladdin sequel was pretty good, but apart from that, they've all been pretty bad.

If you want to talk about Pixar aswell, they have some great films too. A Bug's Life is the best of these. Such a great story, the visuals were great, just an all around good film. Toy Story is also great, especially the original. It's such a classic.

But yeah, you can't beat the classic Disney animations. A lot of them were based on fairy tales and other stories, but Disney made them come to life, and made them spectacular.

Well, as an animation major, I LOVE the classic Disney movies. The reason I see that animation seems to have taken a toll for the worse is because it's so much easier to make them, that people don't put in the extra effort anymore. We have the technology that golden age animators only dreamed of, yet only a few actually put these amazing technologies to use, Pixar being the prime example.

For some reason, I find watching live action films hard to watch. Maybe it's because I've been watching animation all my life, but the magic of watching drawings come to life never ceases to amaze me.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

TFF's Resident Messenger Disney's Masterpieces Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with the above post. The CGI is okay, but there is just something with putting a classic animation that is so nostalgic. To have grown up on The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and others, to see Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and Monsters, Inc. is a little depressing. Yeah, they brought back animation with The Princess and the Frog, but the story line didn't click with me. Maybe they should've made The Princess and the Pea. LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3