Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Dark Knight Rises Xanatos's Avatar

The Dark Knight Rises

I'm huge fan of Nolan's work, the man's responsible for some of my favorite movies, best ones being The Prestige and The Dark Knight. His work on Batman is nothing short of brilliant, what makes him great is that he actually cares for the original source.

Batman Begins served as a good platform for later movies by concentrating more on a Bruce Wayne and using good part of Year One comics. The Dark Knight, by far the best comic book movie I've seen, is prime example of impressive storytelling, not to mention stunning performance by Heath Ledger as a Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises is third and final chapter in Nolan's book, and to be honest I don't remember the last time I've been this excited to see a movie. Nolan gathered few impressive names to an already great cast. After seeing his movie Warrior there's no doubt Tom Hardy will make a great Bane, he's a talented guy, one of my favorite actors. I'm also glad Nolan didn't make the same mistake as some of his colleagues and turned Bane into mindless brute, then again, Nolan's not your amateur producer. I don't think this movie has what it takes to surpass it's predecessor, however, I'm sure it will be a great movie and a worthy closure.

What are your expectations, might there be already something you don't like?

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) The Dark Knight Rises che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Don't really have faith in movies that come in trilogies. I'm gonna see it, but I don't expect anything mindblowing. Just more batman, because I love batman.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Registered User The Dark Knight Rises Ssk0rne's Avatar

Nolan is a fantastic director and I'm excited to see how he's going to end this series. It's going to be tough to compete with the Dark Knight, but i'm sure it'll be up there with it. At first I was skeptical about how they were going to depict Bane and I wasn't really liking it, but the more I see it, the more it's starting to grow on me.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み The Dark Knight Rises ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Nolan's Batman films have been amazing thus far. I have high expectations for this one too.

I like what he has done with Bane. From what I can see from the trailer, he is not just a brute, but is a bit smarter than he is in the comics (and a massive step up from what he was in Batman & Robin...). Hopefully we will get some Bane punching through walls, because that's what makes Bane one of my favourites.

I am looking foward to Catwoman in this one too, as she is another favourite of mine. Hopefully, they don't change her too much, because her character is great in everything.

I was really hoping we would see the Riddler though. He is the only major villain that won't be depicted in these films. And, he's my favourite.

Overall though, I cannot wait. Summer is too long to wait for!

Death Before Dishonor The Dark Knight Rises Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Don't really have faith in movies that come in trilogies. I'm gonna see it, but I don't expect anything mindblowing. Just more batman, because I love batman.
    This right here.

I love Batman, but like Che I don't really expect anything stellar about this movie. Just the same old superhero vs. villian shit that has been done 1,000,000,000 times.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Queen The Dark Knight Rises Crescent's Avatar

I watched the trailer again.. I almost climaxed HURRY UP ALREADY

Boxer of the Galaxy The Dark Knight Rises Rowan's Avatar

I enjoyed the dark knight, being a major fan of the Tim Burton movies as well. I liked how Nolan went in a different direction and created something really entertaining and somewhat dark. Although I did not enjoy batman begins, I didnt understand the whole training martial arts with asian people. Perhaps my ignorance proceeds me, but that wasn't how batman began, was it? Either way, Im excited for the third one.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Dark Knight Rises Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Although I did not enjoy batman begins, I didnt understand the whole training martial arts with asian people. Perhaps my ignorance proceeds me, but that wasn't how batman began, was it?
    Actually yes, that's how it all began, with the exception of Ra's al Ghul. As I said in my opening post Nolan used good chunk of Year One comics where Wayne's training is shown and his first days being the dark crusader.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy The Dark Knight Rises Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Actually yes, that's how it all began, with the exception of Ra's al Ghul. As I said in my opening post Nolan used good chunk of Year One comics where Wayne's training is shown and his first days being the dark crusader.
    I knew he couldn't have learned all that shit from bats. Theres always an asian man involved.
    anyway, thanks for clearing that up.