Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently Read Manga

Lady of the Flowers Currently Read Manga Anthiena's Avatar

Currently Read Manga

What manga or manga-style comic novel have you read recently?

About a week ago, I read two really cool mangas: Translucent and Return to Labyrinth.

Translucent is a somewhat sad story about a really rare disease that turns its victims invisible. The way the story goes reminds me of how I have been told AIDS was handled in the eighties when nobody knew what it was, only it's non-lethal. The main wants to be an actress of all things, even though she goes invisible every four weeks. Really poignant stuff.

Return to Labyrinth is a sequel to the movie with David Bowie. It seems that Jareth is still set on Tobey... much to Tobey's displeasure. The wishes Jereth make come true all get Tobey in trouble. Sarah did seem to let her imagination fall by the wayside... but that's too early to tell. My cousin really likes the movie... and I love the costumes in it... from what I've heard, it's a good thing that not all the scenes went as Jim Henson planned... it's also really zany at times... the manga, I mean.
    I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
    I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Kunihiko Ikuhara "Ikuni"

Cilla vs. Games Currently Read Manga Priscilla's Avatar
    I just finished reading Midori Days, which I was surprised about the ending.
    Spoiler:
    It was really sad. I guess it ended well but I wish it could have been different. All that time together was.. wasted I guess.

I'm also currently reading Absolute Boyfriend, I had just finished reading Volume 4 and I am really interested in it. I feel for the characters and it's a nice story.

Also I am reading Berserk which is pretty different from the others. It's starting to get to where the anime also starts so i'm glad. The only thing I don't like about Berserk is the hefty price. $32 Australian.

I also have a few other unfinished manga but they are kind of on hiatus at the moment.

Whistling Songbird Currently Read Manga Asectic's Avatar
    For me I've recently read the manga Rave Master volume 2. The whole things was awsome and funny! I love especially the character bios.

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Courage, Character, Confidence. Currently Read Manga Lunasa's Avatar
    *obnoxiously revives*

I'm currently reading Immortal Rain, which, so far in its eight volumes, is turning out to be a surprisingly good read. Kuddos to that.

Cleverly hidden in the back of a carboard box/ base
    I read through half the 1st manga of Samurai Champloo, I like it so far, pretty neat. Can't wait to go back to the book store and read the rest, and maybe buy book #2.
    My TFF Family ^_^
    SPOILER!!:
    MY TFF FAMILY!

My raving sister, BleachFanGirl!

Crazed Trivia Addicted Cousin, Squall333!

My Trivia-Obsessed brother, Phantom!

My dragon impaling father, Dragoon_Nick!

My crazy aunt, Tiger Lily!

Pilot Extraordinare Brother, FF-Fan Cid!

Maniacal Menacing Brother, Momo Mastermind

My Vampire-Obsessed Sister, Vampiric Delirium!

My Semi-Insane fighter cousin, Celtic_Silver!

My Tree-Hugging Superhero Cousin, FFGuru

Feel free to pm me and join /\/\

I am currently and am forever reading Saiyuki. Currently I'm on Reload Volume 3. This would make it probably about my 12th time reading it now (along with the rest of the series). One of my favourites. Ukoku's past is somewhat revealed. Well, mostly revealed I guess.

Until now!

The Last Manga I've read is Beserk. A friend recommended it and I decided to try it out.

Blog Entries
    Naruto, Volume 1

I bought the first three back when the manga was first being released. That was way before the anime was licensed here. I really need to get back into it, I hear the manga is slightly different from the anime version. Plus, no fillers.

Of course, I already know the plot very well so I'm mainly looking at any differences existing between both versions. I am enjoying the story anyways, it's been a long time since I even glanced at the beginning.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Currently: Rurouni Kenshin Volume 9 ( Kyoto Arc Saga )

I'm a huge Rurouni Kenshin fanboy, I have the whole Anime and Manga collection. I started buying the manga's way back in 2005, the last one being back in late 2006. The mangas' got me into the series, then I brought the whole anime collection off Ebay.
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Miss Valentine
    Love Hina vol 11. Finally got my hands on it!

Sir Prize Currently Read Manga Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let's see.

Rummages through old copies of Hellsing manga...hum... The last one I read?

Actually it was...

Loveless volume 1

Bleach volumes 8 and 20

Fruits Basket volumes 6 and 9.

And I was thinking that I read an FMA manga recently but can't think of which one it was. But yea, the most recent was Loveless volume 1. Keep telling myself I'll buy the next one but...

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Renzokuken
    I find myself re-reading my Dragon Ball, Battle Royale, and Video Girl Ai manga.

I'm going through Negima over and over until the next one comes out. I'm also waiting on the new Naruto and Bleach volumes. Until then, I just keep reading Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin until my eyes water.

Arachnie Suicide Currently Read Manga ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    I've just started "The Dreaming" by Queenie Chan, and I quite like it already.

I'm not a massive reader of manga, but Queenie Chan got me kinda interested, as she's the only published manga artist in Australia. I have actually talked to her briefly and she is a very interesting and friendly person, so I decided that I just HAD to read this.

I'll edit more info about it once I've gotten a little more into it. All I can really say at the moment is that it's a horror set in an Australian boarding school.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Registered User Currently Read Manga Flash's Avatar
    I'm currently reading Naruto, Bleach, and 666 Satan (O-Parts Hunter)
    Proud Member of FF Cult

TFF family, MSN and Dragons:
    My TFF Family
    Fishie, Martin, Final Fantasy Fan Cid, Lamborghini, Bleachfangirl, Pricilla, Xeim, T.G Oskar

1. Your first step will be going to www.hotmail.com and making an e-mail acount. It's fast and easy, trust me.

2. Secondly, if you haven't installed MSN, go here: http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

3. It doesn't matter if you don't know anyone. The point is meeting new members. Don't be shy =D.

4. My MSN is: [email protected]. Add me, and I will add you to my list.
    If there's a conversation going on at the time, I'll invite you to it and introduce you to everyone.

Anyone is welcome to take this idea and
    put it in their sig. You can use the "TFF Convo"
    banner I made, as well. With your help,
    TFF activity may boost

You're me...and I'm you. Currently Read Manga Almasys's Avatar
    I recently finished the first 3 volumes of xXxHoLic by CLAMP. I've picked them up here and there, but never really got into finishing them since friends were always discussing the events in them. But I finally got the Omnibus Edition [all three in one book] and finished it last weekend.

I'm hoping to finish the Welcome to the N.H.K series soon.

~My TFF Family~
    *Seifer Obssessed* Half sister to~Phantom
    My marksman, protective older brother~Nick
    Wanna join the family?
    Just ask~

This is my sin... Currently Read Manga Lucid's Avatar
    I just finished reading Mahou Sensei Negima -First Term- (vol. 1-18).
    I didn't think I was going to like it at first because it's by the same guy who did Love Hina and I absoulutely dispised that, but Negima was actually quite good and funny.

I just recently got started on Trigun, Vampire Knight, and Ral/Grad. Trigun has been around for a while, but I just decided to read it. Didn't expect it would be that good, but I like it. Some little story sections are confusing, but there are nice concepts. Vampire Knight is a cute shojo manga. Art is okay and story is okay. Nothing really that exciting, but vampires are a nice thing to read about. Ral/Grad is pretty new. I only got it because the person who does the art for Death Note does the art for it too. Didn't know what to expect, but the main character is hilarious.
    Last edited by Bleachfangirl; 05-01-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden
    The series I'm currently reading (and that get published on a regular basis) include:

-Monster (vol. 14 comes out in a week or so! ^_^)
    -Shonan Jun'ai Gumi (or "GTO: The Younger Years," as it's now called here)
    -Fullmetal Alchemist (I actually just finished vol. 16 today)
    -Trinity Blood
    -Peacemaker (vol. 3 is also about to come out in a week or two ^^)

And then there are the series that I "read," that is, whenever they decide to trickle the newest volume over here. Those include:

-Trigun Maximum (only two volumes to go, so I'm guessing...another two years? -_-)
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion (At a rate of 11 volumes in 13 years, this may be the slowest manga ever published . Although speaking of volume 11, it coming out here would be pretty nice, as it's already been out in Japan for about a year now)
    -Hellsing (always awaiting the next volume with bated breath!)

The Old Skool Warrior Currently Read Manga LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    UGH, HELLSING, I KNOW. I'm dying over here.

I recently started Tsubasa and Black Cat, so those are the ones I'm working on at the moment. I'm fresh into each of them, and at volume four in each series.

I'm really enjoying the latter.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Govinda
    I've started following the Bleach manga online, since I found out that this is possible.

It's a lot better than the anime, I think. Better pace, a lot less annoying. Some of the translations make me giggle.

Skie's Dark Lady Currently Read Manga SailorCallie's Avatar
    I haven't read a manga in a while, but I've planned on buying the following soon:

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 7
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Vol. 1
    • Crayon Shinchan Vol. 1
    Last edited by SailorCallie; 05-16-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Correction
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

This is my sin... Currently Read Manga Lucid's Avatar
    I recently read Berserk vol 1-32 and part of vol 33.
    It's freaking awesome!

I've mentioned it my Journal, might as well mention it here.

Recently read OP volumes 13-15 and currently reading Volume 16.

I have to say you guys should be ashamed . I see no Yotsuba& on anyone's list. I mean I LOVE watching One Piece and it's nice to read the original work, but Yotsuba is so damn fun to read. I just got volumes 4 and 5 in the mail after rereading volumes 1-3 not too long ago.

Whistling Songbird Currently Read Manga Asectic's Avatar
    Right now, I'm reading "Detective Conan" chapter 83 and so on. Another 565 chapters to read.. 648 total and ongoing.. O.O

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Currently Read Manga Climhazzard's Avatar
    I've never been real big into manga, but recently I started to get Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days. If you're in Eva fan you're gonna want to pick this up.
    The more the light shines through me, I pretend to close my eyes. The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright.

I haven't been to a book store in ages. I just wen tot the library and read something about a planet covered in water. I think it was called Aqua, but I like it enough to go find out more about it. I also found something else my friend had called Uzumaki. Kind of a queer series, but I've got the third book. Looking for the first two since it's kind of cool.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Currently Read Manga Treize's Avatar
    Recently I've been reading a lot of manga, but I think the two that I'm most into right now is Black Cat and Yakitate!! Japan. I've read two volumes of Black Cat and six volumes of Yakitate!! Japan. I really want to read more of Black Cat. The story is getting pretty interesting and I like the characters. Yakitate!! Japan is pretty good and was funny at first, but right now it is getting really repetitive. I'm not sure if I can read 20 more volumes of people making bread. I plan on starting Bleach and One Piece soon.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Six volumes of Death Note and three volumes of Bleach over a period of three days. I was bored... I think I probably need to get a hobby.
    "Ignorant dotard. Have you any idea with whom you are dealing?" ~ Theodor 'Golbez' Harvey, Final Fantasy IV

DANIEL DE BOSOLA
    Born 1476 ~ Died 1513

BOSOLA MK 000008
    Born 1989 ~ Died ____

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo Currently Read Manga Lithium's Avatar
    Well at the moment I am just finishing up Only the Finger Knows. Now I am on my way to picking up xxxHolic. I have heard very good things about xxxHolic and I suppose I should read it to see for myself.
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast