Thread: This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff.

Registered User This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff.

Despite this being an art thread, I really couldn't come up with a more creative title than that .

Soooooo, I've just finished whipping up a painting that I plan to give as one of my boyfriend's gifts for his birthday, and I thought, why not upload it to TFF, I aint done that in a few years. And whilst I was at it I threw in another two I've done in the past, just 'cause they were there. Sorry the camera quality is kind of crap, I don't have a scanner >.<

So, here it is, Blastoise from Pokemon. He loves Pokemon and he told me once that Blastoise was one of his favourites so I thought I'd surprise him with it.

Here are two more of that painting
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...c/SAM_1439.jpg
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...c/SAM_1448.jpg

Btw, I don't take credit for the design of that picture, I found a similar picture on the internet which I used for reference, so I take credit for the painting skill only, not the design itself.

Right, this painting right here, I did when I was just 13 years old. It's of Amy Lee from Evanescence (some members may remember me being obsessed with them...). It's not the best quality in the world, but I'm pretty proud of it considering how young I was. Again, crap camera quality.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...c/SAM_1444.jpg
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...c/SAM_1443.jpg

This painting is of Jim Morrison, I did it for my dad for Christmas. It's okay, not my best work. At the time I only owned one paint brush, so I used that and old make up brushes I didn't use anymore. So I guess that's something to be proud of. Make up brushes and paint brushes are totally different.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...c/SAM_1453.jpg
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...c/SAM_1452.jpg

You can kind of tell how much I've improved since the last 2 paintings in comparison to my Blastoise one lol. I've been painting a lot more since Christmas, it's more fun for me now that I have proper brushes. Anyway, I'll upload more whenever I finish my next one. I hope you like, and feedback and criticisms are welcome =D.

Hewerya love...? This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. seanb's Avatar

Re: This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff.

Excellent!
    You have talent
    Is the blastoise done with oil or acrylic, or something else?

Really like the morrison one too... even if it was done with make up brushes

Registered User This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you

All of them were done with acrylic. I don't own any others at the moment, will do soon though hopefully lol .

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Xanatos's Avatar

Your Turtok, I mean Blastoise looks weird to be honest, one arm is thin while the other one is fat, and his head is way too big. The other two are good, great in fact, third one in particular. I agree with seanb though, you do have talent, keep the good work.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

Mm, the arm does look a bit thin. I'll try thickening it up a bit. Can't say I agree with you on the head though, it looks fine to me. Although the flash on my camera isn't really showing the shadows very well, or at least not as true to life, and the shadows make the head look kinda small. I don't know if I'll change the head, but I may give it a try to see if it looks better. Thank you for your feedback! ^^

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

QQ picture links are broken now

Blog Entries

I must've deleted them off my photobucket, soooorry lol.

Here they are again..
    Morrison
    Amy Lee
    Blastoise

Here are some newer drawings I've done for my Art class...

Lady Gaga
    Lady Gaga again
    Recreation of Boticelli painting
    Another Boticelli recreation

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar

Oooh marvelous! BLastoise is a broken link though but everything else worked So are you studying art as a college major right now or is it just part of your curriculum?

I knew Boticelli sounded familiar, we actually saw his paintings in Florence last August. ^_^

Blog Entries

Thank you yeah I'm doing it as A Level in sixth form. We had to recreate work by other artists and I chose him because he's really great at portraiture and that's what I like doing best as opposed to landscapes and stuff. I really like some of his paintings, it must've been fun going to see them lol.

Blog Entries

So my mum gave me a photo of my little brother that she wanted me to draw for her, and I'm kind of proud of it (not to be big headed) so I thought I'd show you guys.

Here's the original picture... Olive Oil

I know it's not perfect but I like how it turned out, hopefully my mum will, too. I think it looks better in person but eh, what are you gonna do. Haha

Memento RK This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not perfect, but it's damn good miss. Great job! Happy little guy. You were able to portray his happiness better in your drawing. It does still look realistic (as in not cartoonish).

I think it looks better than the original. Not to say that the original isn't cute either. Is your whole family cute?
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries

Thank yooouuu It's not my favourite picture of him, but my mum adores it.

Nah, me and Oliver are the only cute ones. Haha, I joke.

Hewerya love...? This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. seanb's Avatar

It IS perfect. theres no such thing as imperfection in art

Beautiful sketch Halie, i'd say your mum will love it

make some more

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Catalana's Avatar

Wow very well drawn !!!! That's beautiful really !!! ^^

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Blog Entries

Thank you both, those are lovely compliments . I do plan on uploading more now that I have a scanner, and I just got a new sketchbook so expect some soon haha.

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Catalana's Avatar

We only told the truth !
    And okay I think I can be patient

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

the night man cometh This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Joxsjua's Avatar

Damn that is a crazy awesome portrait of your lil bro. Looks like a lady killer in training for sure. That is amazing detail, my only complaint is that a lot of those hyperlinks are broken, maybe you could upload them to photo bucket again and just post them here(I have bad internet so takes forever for me to load a new tab).

Great work though!! Bravo

Blog Entries

Thank you! I don't have those drawings with me right now because they're being examined but when I get them back I'll scan them in and get better pictures to re-upload.

Blog Entries

Bumpedy bump

So I decided to draw Daenerys from GoT.

Here's the original I worked off of:

Not too bad, I was expecting it to turn out worse lol. I'll probably draw Jon Snow soon.

Kiss with a fist. This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Dranzer's Avatar

That's gorgeous! You captured her expression almost perfectly. I had no idea you knew how to draw, Halie!

You should do one of Jon Snow. Jus sayin'.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dranzer View Post
    That's gorgeous! You captured her expression almost perfectly. I had no idea you knew how to draw, Halie!

You should do one of Jon Snow. Jus sayin'.
    I already thanked ya but I'll say it again, thanks a lot m'lovely I think you'll appreciate this one

Kiss with a fist. This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Dranzer's Avatar

That should be posted in the hot or not thread. XD It's brilliant, truly. What did you use? It looks like charcoal, but perhaps not?

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

#LOCKE4GOD This is in the art forum, so obviously this is my thread of art stuff. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Holy hell Halie how did hoo make him so hot? He has hoodles of detail in his hair.

Okay so alliteration isn't my forté, but this appears to be yours. My girlfriend is impressed too, and she nearly has an honours degree in illustration.

Actually. First-hand message from Alph's gf: you have to keep at this, you draw beautifully