Thread: Any great action-story anime?

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Any great action-story anime? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Any great action-story anime?

I am fairly new to anime, in a sense that I really only seen the popularized anime.

Is there any anime with real action, in vain of Naruto shippuden, DBz, or any of the current action?

I prefer no Scify. Humor I wish can be present with a strong story. Oh and, NO BLEACH!

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Any great action-story anime? Xanatos's Avatar

Re: Any great action-story anime?

Personally I would recommend Rurouni Kenshin, it's action packed anime with fair share of gore, though don't expect flashy, devastating attacks as in DBZ, or Naruto for that matter. The story takes place in feudal Japan, and it's really griping, except for last 20-30 episodes which are fillers, not necessarily bad ones, still...Characters are rather interesting, memorable, even more if you decide to watch both OVA's prior to main anime. In general it's a sad anime, though there are quite a few scenes that will make you laugh.

You may also like Basilisk, Devil May Cry, Ninja Scroll, Ten-Jou Tenge...if any of these caught your interest I can give you personal opinion, if by any chance you're feeling lazy to google that is =).

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Any great action-story anime? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Personally I would recommend Rurouni Kenshin, it's action packed anime with fair share of gore, though don't expect flashy, devastating attacks as in DBZ, or Naruto for that matter. The story takes place in feudal Japan, and it's really griping, except for last 20-30 episodes which are fillers, not necessarily bad ones, still...Characters are rather interesting, memorable, even more if you decide to watch both OVA's prior to main anime. In general it's a sad anime, though there are quite a few scenes that will make you laugh.

You may also like Basilisk, Devil May Cry, Ninja Scroll, Ten-Jou Tenge...if any of these caught your interest I can give you personal opinion on them, if by any chance you're feeling lazy to google that is =).
    *laughs faintly*
    Actually, I have watched all but the final battle between the guy who has fire power and Kenshin, about 10 years ago.

Actually, they do sound interesting, and Devil may cry, i forgot they had an anime, but I am afraid it might be a quick anime, another reason why I like shippuden or DBz, because they last.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Any great action-story anime? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    Actually, they do sound interesting, and Devil may cry, i forgot they had an anime, but I am afraid it might be a quick anime, another reason why I like shippuden or DBz, because they last.
    I forgot to mention Samurai Champloo, somewhat similar to Rurouni Kenshin, though more lighthearted. I personally prefer my anime to be medium length, that way both story, and characters have enough room to develop, it also has less chance to lose it momentum, problem DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach have.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Badass Military Agent Any great action-story anime? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

You can also look up Burst Angel, that was pretty good in a sense, one of my few favorites, there's also Trinity Blood, Witch Hunter Robin, Gantz, Afro Samurai, Baki The Grappler, Knight Hunters/Eternity, there's more but I'm trying to give you the good action ones, and not the ones where they exchange blows like 2 or 3 times then end the fight with some crazy ass super move *coughSamuraiDeeperKyocough*. Honestly that kind of shit is getting real lame.

oh Black Cat is pretty good too, no crazy super move, the fight is over kind of shit

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I am into animes with great fighting and story as well.

I was just going to suggest Naruto. One of my favourite
    anime's as I have been following it basically since it came
    out. I have also finished Samurai Champloo, I can recommend
    that one because of the cool characters and great fighting
    scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post

You may also like Basilisk, Devil May Cry, Ninja Scroll, Ten-Jou Tenge...if any of these caught your interest I can give you personal opinion, if by any chance you're feeling lazy to google that is =).
    You have great taste in Anime.

Akira is also an oldie but a goodie for me.

Since you say you're new to Anime I feel safe in suggesting Inuyasha. I don't know any hardcore animes so that's my advice on the subject.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Dalmascan princess Any great action-story anime? lady ashe's Avatar

samuri deeper?
    thats preety good

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

G'day Any great action-story anime? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Check out, Trigun, it's pretty awesome!

Claymore actually isn't half bad if you don't mind limb being cut and random blood gushing out. It takes a while to get into but it tends to grow on you. Otherwise like most people have already said Samurai Champloo, Kenshin, etc etc.

I would recommend Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and definitely Inuyusha! All of the them are hardcore action animes with funny scenes, and tons of action packed battles.
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Registered User Any great action-story anime? Oneesan's Avatar

Lets see....
    Witchblade- tons of action, some great comedic moments, but over all kind of sad (TV-MA)
    Ikki Tousen- fight school type, super funny (TV-MA)
    Outlaw Star- guns, magic, comedy, the works (I think 14 &^)
    Black Blood Brothers- vampires, nuf said
    Rin: daughter of the mnemosyne- action, drama, comedy, and all sorts of craziness all wrapped up in one package. Really NOT for kids!!!