Thread: A willing sacrafice.

Rune Knight A willing sacrafice. Trodorne's Avatar

A willing sacrafice.

I played the game for several years and i stopped and then started on world of warcraft a year later. though everyone has some sort of thing they dislike about this game. My main one was the lack of free roaming exploration.

to me it did not make sense for me that i could run off a the edge of a step cliff and keep running, but i could not get over a simple bump in the road. i know for a good reason to maintain the nice graphics that came out for the game at the time that they restricted alot of the animation to just the spells, attacks and gestures.

So in the end i think that if i could have changed anything, it would have been to cut down on the graphical level of trees, grass, as well as some of the battle animations, to give a level of free roaming exploration, which means jumping and swimming.

so now my question is to you, if you could sacrifice something of the game to maybe improve in another aspect which could have made the game more interesting for you, what would it be?

Re: A willing sacrafice.

I don't know what to take out honestly since I only got to level 25 but one thing I really would like to see get changed is character controlling.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

what do you mean by character controling? as in movement?

Movement, all of it pretty much. All the controls could have been way better.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

oh yeah, i agree. makes it hard to run away from a horde of mobs when i get stuck on a small branch that was sticking out of the ground. mainly in Yhortar Jungle.

The Quiet One A willing sacrafice. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Character movement is on the thumbsticks for the PS2 and 360 versions I'm not sure what would be available to make that control any better. As for the PC, I was never to fond of how the game controlled, but I'm used to having a controller in my hand. So I'm probably bias.

Though I do have to ask, to what end would jumping and swimming improve the game?

The only thing that I really wanted better control over was the character creation at the beginning. The options were fairly small given the size of the population. So it was very easy to find myself out in the world. Unfortunately, as I've learned from game development, a robust character creation system comes a very high cost for the rest of the game. So they would have had to give up a lot of the detail in the game and probably a number of animations across the board.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

to me ive always been a person of exploration when im not leveling up, so i guess when i played WoW, that part was the most appealing. being able to jump and swim would allow me to climb mountains, swim to the bottom of lakes to gather materials for alchemy, and etc.
    so then it would raise another point to removing the loading borders and make everything as part of one map. like the idea of Running from windurst scaling over the rocks and getting to tahrongi canyons, or even climbing up along the spine to get to a high part of the crags.

so yeah in the end i would have to give up the HD detail of the land, and maybe of the characters themselves. cause Andromeda brought up a good point about the character creations, if the detail is slightly dropped, customize the faces, and the body type as well. i always wanted to make a moderately fat character.