Thread: Well it finally happened.

Blog Entries

Well it finally happened.

FFXIV - A Realm Reborn, is now on Steam - and 50% off for that matter (till the 26th Feb).

So how long has it been since its initial release? no rush apparently.

Extras included if you get the Digital Collectors Edition too!

Quoteh the Steam description;

Digital Collector's Edition
    The FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ Digital Collector's Edition features some amazing exclusive in-game items, including:

• Helm of Light: Become one of the fabled warriors of light when you equip this exclusive helmet.
    • Baby Behemoth Minion: Summon this cute, but ferocious miniature version of Behemoth and watch him roar with excitement as you adventure through Eorzea.
    • Coeurl Mount: Only the bravest of warriors are able to tame and ride the mighty coeurl. Show off your prowess with this exclusive mount.
    • Behemoth Barding: Customize your Chocobo with the fearsome Behemoth Chocobo Armour and charge in to battle.

Just about everyone already has a seperate version, and level 50 characters across the board however lol. Wonder how it'll go.
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

So are you actually going to play?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. It went cheap at work for the boxes version. Only £9.99. I was quite surprised at how fast it went down, to be honest.

I couldn't get into it, first time I played back when the servers were being iffy. I couldn't even get on to Ultros, and ended up on a server with no friends. If this coaxes more of my friends to jump on, and we all get on the same server, then I'll play again. But with Elder Scrolls Online coming out soon, I might not bother. Plus, there's WoW too...

I wonder when it'll go free to play?

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Take it sense FFXI is still not free? FFXIV wont go near that, probably ever.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Well it finally happened. che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yoshi P has stated that he extremely dislikes even thinking about it going free to play. And the game is doing so well atm, and is only going to get better in the next year. He said the expansion (about a year~ away) will have the same amount of content as A Realm Reborn did when it was released.

All this and it basically saving SE's ass on their gross income, i'd say it'd be 2-3 years+ if it ever will go free to play. FFXI still isn't free to play, and just released a new expansion like a month or two ago (or something like that) with not a very large, but a very solid playerbase.

Also, awesome for it being on Steam but what's the significance here? It's just available to download on Steam instead of on Amazon/Gamestop etc right? I mean, cool! But that's the big news right?

Oh, btw, for anyone looking to get it, it's 14.99$/month (this is in US dollars), and your first month is free when you buy the game. So a 14.99$ price basically gets you 30 days of the game. Not a bad price when you consider most PS3/PC games are around 40$-60$ and you'll probably play those less. I will say that I am completely hooked on this game, but I understand that MMOs aren't for everyone. If you have an extra 15$ and are out of games to play, and love Final Fantasy, it's worth it to buy it.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

FFXI made them money for years and it still does. 14 wont ever go Free to play with all the Japanese players. The expansion will be ever better.

FFXI last expansion came out a year ago.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Well it finally happened. Treize's Avatar
    I don't even see why the subscription fee is a big deal to people. It is only $13/month, so anyone with a job can easily afford it. I don't know how much time you put into a $50-60 game, but it probably isn't anywhere near the amount of time you'll put into FFXIV. I probably put a good 20 hours/week into the game, so it's $13 for 80 hours of entertainment. I doubt you put that much time even into a $50-60 game, which is four times the price.

Anyway, this doesn't seem like that big of a deal. You can easily buy it online from many other stores and just download and play. I guess it might open the game up to a new audience of people that use steam, but that's about it.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Bye-Bye, Taisai Well it finally happened. postalblowfish7's Avatar
    XI will never go free to play - they can't even get rid of PlayOnline, there's no way XI devs could retrofit a micro transaction system into the game. All we can do is keep paying the bill and hoping the servers stay on. Dawezy and my character will be the last two standing
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

The Quiet One Well it finally happened. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know you're always welcome over in Eorzea Dawezy. Our group is going quite strong right now. So you'll be able to see plenty of us playing around.

But yeah, Yoshida said XIV would be shut down before it goes Free to play, but it is doing well and hitting better numbers than XI peaked at. Plus the game is a ton of fun to play.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Old Skool Warrior Well it finally happened. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come on Dawezy, I know you wouldn't have posted this if you weren't finally heavily considering it.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Come on Dawezy, I know you wouldn't have posted this if you weren't finally heavily considering it.
    Nah, just making note that another FF finally appeared - as FFXI ultimate collectors edition is up there too it has been a long time since its release between the two. (plus I practically live on Steam everytime I logon now, heh)

On a another note, when I was in Eb Games the other day there was a fair few boxes for FFXIV on the shelves.
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

Blog Entries
    Boo. Even ol' Phinn exists in Eorzea.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

"Tiger Hair" Well it finally happened. HeroZero's Avatar
    I even tried to give him some free game codes when I accidentally bought FFXIV for the wrong region via Amazon... But no, he was recalcitrant, or just not interested... either way. That was during FTP pre ARR.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Blog Entries
    That's some intense stubbornness. ^^;

Blog Entries
    Well if it is pre-ARR then it is a fair thing to turn it down. The new XIV is very good and totally worth trying out, especially since he does play XI. It's certainly different and not the same thing, but it still a great FF game aimed at FF fans.

Blog Entries
    Subscription fee isn't an issue for me. I'm just not good with these kinds of commitments - I was given sixty days of WoW, and played it for one evening. And if you're a gamer who plays just about most things, it's difficult to juggle games and subs. My backlog isn't getting any smaller! ^^;

Besides, even if I did play agin, I'd be so far behind everyone else, it'd be a few subs before I catch up.

Btw, who's upgrading from PS3 to the PS4 version? I don't like the idea of it only being one way...

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Blog Entries
    If you own a PS3 and PS4, it's not likely you'll want to go back to the PS3 after playing XIV on the PS4. It will look better, run better and even has more functionality thanks to the controller. Plus you can go Mouse and Keyboard on the PS4. So it makes sense, there's not going to be a reason to go back.

Blog Entries
    It should be interchangable imo. What if you upgrade to PS4 and then your PS4 breaks? D:

Blog Entries
    It's being treated like PC and PS3. You can play the same account on it, but you need to buy the game for both platforms. So it makes sense, they are just being really nice and letting a free upgrade happen.

Blog Entries
    If you own a PS3 and PS4, it's not likely you'll want to go back to the PS3 after playing XIV on the PS4. It will look better, run better and even has more functionality thanks to the controller. Plus you can go Mouse and Keyboard on the PS4. So it makes sense, there's not going to be a reason to go back.
    Not if you're a trophy whore, like me. There's a chance of ending up with an incomplete list that'll never be worked on. My OCD will nag. I'm not one of "those" people who complete the same game on multiple platforms for more trophies either. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wutaicompany.com/reddit/1xp2fv/FFXIV%20PS4%20Update:%20Beta%20Details,%20PS3-to-PS4-Transfer,%20PS4%20in-game%20Trailer!
    question > awkaneer Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:32:42 -0500
    What's the situation with trophies? Will the ps4 version have a separate list? Or will it be combined with the ps3 list? So far different games are doing it different ways.

reply > SE_Kahuna Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:47:09 -0500
    I am not sure if it will be a combined list, but our Devs have stated that trophies will carry over from the PS3 to the PS4.
    I mean... this doesn't really say anything, and it's the best I can find. I HOPE it means it'll just remain as one list, but... If that's the worst of my worries, then it's no biggie. It's just a pain if they're not shared.

If that's the case though, I'll upgrade in a heartbeat. Those remote play features look tidy too!

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to remember what the trophies are for the game. I'm pretty sure they're involved ones. I just wish work I did on my PC account would trigger trophy unlocks on the PS3. I haven't played for long on the PS3, but I don't have any trophies even though I should. Should work retroactively, I did the work for it. >.> Hardly the worst thing for me to worried about at the moment.

Since the PS3 and PS4 are the same game, I'd imagine that they would be the same list, but who knows how hard it is to link the two games together. In the background, the system probably acknowledges them as two different games.

Blog Entries
    Andro, maybe they'll put in an achievement NPC like they did in XI that would scan your accomplishments and award 360 achievements retroactively.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    That would be nice, I didn't know they did that for the 360. So I guess it is something that is possible. They already have the NPC that hands out your in-game achievement rewards. So maybe he does it.

Skie's Dark Lady Well it finally happened. SailorCallie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postalblowfish7 View Post
    XI will never go free to play - they can't even get rid of PlayOnline, there's no way XI devs could retrofit a micro transaction system into the game. All we can do is keep paying the bill and hoping the servers stay on. Dawezy and my character will be the last two standing
    And so will Darklady, the budding Dark Knight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

They are releasing Dark Knight for FF14.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Available by default with the expansion no unlocks required even it seems. Though I do wonder where the quests for the standard job quests will be if it is just given to the player.

Banned Well it finally happened.
    Is Online FF really what you want? It's almost not even FF anymore.

Problem with MMO's is that the storyline is NEVER good. I love MMO's, so I know. The story becomes a background prop. Fractured by the "Quest System", robbed of all intimacy by the millions of carbon copy players roaming the world.

FF will do fine Online. Probably be an extremely fun PvP game.

My problem is that Square-Enix has been whoring my pride and joy out for a decade now.

They could make an MMO and it would do great. But why risk it when 2 words fixed to the title will MAKE it a best seller no ifs ands or buts? Even if they make a vile piece of crap, you'll all pre-order, clear the calendar and try it simply because it's FF.

My point is that the franchise sold out when Square merged with Enix, a company made famous for creating cheap, basic Gameboy games. This FFMMO shit is the height of said fall from glory.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTorn View Post
    Is Online FF really what you want? It's almost not even FF anymore.

Problem with MMO's is that the storyline is NEVER good. I love MMO's, so I know. The story becomes a background prop. Fractured by the "Quest System", robbed of all intimacy by the millions of carbon copy players roaming the world.

FF will do fine Online. Probably be an extremely fun PvP game.

My problem is that Square-Enix has been whoring my pride and joy out for a decade now.

They could make an MMO and it would do great. But why risk it when 2 words fixed to the title will MAKE it a best seller no ifs ands or buts? Even if they make a vile piece of crap, you'll all pre-order, clear the calendar and try it simply because it's FF.

My point is that the franchise sold out when Square merged with Enix, a company made famous for creating cheap, basic Gameboy games. This FFMMO shit is the height of said fall from glory.
    Psst, they've sort of been making MMO's for quite a while now and have been successful at it under the 'Final Fantasy' title.