Yeah, ive had some bad run-ins with the Sea Horror, but one in particular i will always remember:
It was Saturday. I was sitting on the upper deck, leveling my fishing skill with
difficulty, as i usually was. I had just caught a bluetail, and my skill leveled to 30, and i began to think my day would be uphill from here...Until i heard some poor fisher scream in /sh "HOLY JUMPING FCUKING SH*T BALLS" and then this in the chat box:

The Sea Horror hits Nero for 452 damage.
Nero was defeated by the Sea Horror.

I turned, and lo and behold, the fearsome demigod that was the Sea Horror stared me right in the face. Remembering what i had heard from a friend, i stood absolutely still. A taru that had been standing beside me ran, and to my suprise, the Sea Horror ran right past me and devoured him like a fat man eats a twinky: All in one bite. A hume ran right toward me with the Horror in hot pirsuit, so i did what any self-respecting 45SAM would do: Put up Seigan + Third Eye and run like a mother****er. I ran through the door, down the steps, and into the boarding corridor. I thought i was safe, until that dumb Hume ran in with me with a sliver of health, and died right at the entrance. As soon as it killed the hume, it slowly made its way toward me, then activated something that will haunt me for the rest of my days:

Hundred Fists.

So, i got raped. VIOLENTLY.

Got this tale from some guy on a ffxi wiki website.
I love reading stories like this. It takes me back. I can't believe
I quit the game before I was ever able to take down my first
sea horror solo. That thing was a horror to all noobies - especially
coming from Windurst.