Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing

The Old Skool Warrior A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing

Hooray! A thread for housing conversations! This can be used for all kinds of TheFinalFantasy Free Company housing discussions, including favorites such as:
    • scheduling group activities to earn money for the company chest (top priority right now!)
    • which large plots of land to look at and lay claim to
    • how to decorate aforementioned housing once acquired
    • what to do once individual player rooms are added
    • how to apologize to Eytha for borrowing money out of the company chest
    • CHOCOBO RAISING
    • and much more!

Speaking of which...

To be fair, it's money I earned to begin with! ?
    At least I'm ready to go for Chimera tomorrow night on Scholar!

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 06-25-2014 at 12:59 AM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

All lies. Especially the part about playing more.

Not part of your FC, but my favorite plot in The Goblet is Plot 13. But that area really isn't that popular to begin with. It's the one I've picked out for my FC. Wish the positioning was slightly better, but I do like the view from there.

The Quiet One A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm a fan of The Goblet as well. Most of, if not all, of the large plots in the other wards Mist and whatever the other is are bought up. So we'll probably be getting The Goblet, unless everyone is against it. We'll have to figure out a place that we like if we go with the Goblet.

And what's this I'm hearing about borrowing from the bank? ;p How apologizing are we talking? ^^

Really easy things we can do as a group (FC) are spiritbinding parties. We make gear and go run CT twice or kill monsters for an hour leveling up our chocos. Doing the Peisteskin Maps would be good too, since that is generally good money. If you want to do them you got to give me advanced notice because I just sell my maps. So I know to specifically get a Peisteskin and we run them as a group.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Spiritbinding parties should be really good indeed. It's one of the best ways to make gil. Doing it as a group should help boost up the FC funds.

Blog Entries
    And what's this I'm hearing about borrowing from the bank? ;p How apologizing are we talking? ^^
    Uhh... I mean, there's totally a screenshot up there... but like... let's just go run that relic gauntlet, yeah? I'm at Chimera ready to go!

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) A Realm Reborn: The Hunt for Housing che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We just bought our FC house actually. Goblet plot 18. It has a nice view of the waterfall, and I'm a fan of the big circle center where all our neighbors come to the market board. It's kind of a cool hangout now. I wanted plot 20, but it's taken on every single ward because it's right next to the waterfall. (oh how it would be to listen to waterfall while crafting <3).

I've crafted the 50 HQ 2Star items to buy both my Weaver i70 weapon and Goldsmith since buying the house (I only invested 500k for a 2.3mil house, wasn't allowed to invest more so I bought some housing stuff and planted the garden which is no joke of an investment). Great, soothing place for crafting. <3

Pics of our plot:
    http://i.imgur.com/k1npUQ7.png

http://i.imgur.com/owB02SJ.png

Goblet is the best

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the house, Che! Now you get to be interior decorators. But yeah, I've sold some furniture items they were not cheap. I'm still saving money for our house. But we have a decent start on our house thanks to ventures.

Blog Entries
    Alright, back to the topic of money generation for our house. Loco, I'm going to be free to start playing more often again when 2.3 hits. I've been working on something that's been keeping me off the game for my normal amounts. So if you're serious about doing something to make money towards our house. Then let's start doing spiritbonding runs. The weekend is always a good time for that. If we can get Ealk and Asma to join us and maybe even the Nekos, plus Aria and Nero we can have a full party. But a light party would be good as well. Just make it a weekly thing that we do on Friday or Saturday, whatever day works out and we start the couple of hours to do it. Depending on our numbers we could probably easily do a few hundred thousand or a million off one run if it is 8 of us. And we just all promise to sell all materia gained and put it into the bank.

Between Nero and myself, we can craft up the gear needed. So if we get them all on board for making this a regular thing that we always do. We could make quite a bit of money and finish up our house a couple of months. Materia right now is going pretty strong thanks to Novus and I think there is going to be new crafting gear for 2.3. So it might even put the crafting materia market into a new frenzy.

So if you're serious about getting this done. Let's start ironing out the details. We need our house before the airship workshop comes in post 2.3. ^^

Blog Entries
    I'm going to post again and act like I'm talking to myself even though Loco is actually in agreement. We talked last night.

So, knowing how variable and challenging it is schedule things for you Loco due to your work, not judging just the reality. I purpose this, a flexible schedule rather than a hard set date we always do. This way if you have work that takes priority we can adapt and not lose a week. So this is what I suggest, each week we set a date that works for everyone involved. So if it is Ealk and Asma with us we work out between everyone what day we want to do it and set a date. But we always do it once a week, doesn't matter if it is a weekday or weekend, whatever ends up working out for us that week. If it is just me as a crafter, it'll give me time to prepare our equipment for the run, since I'm going to have spend like an hour just crafting 4 sets of something.

Let me know what you think of this Loco. We need to talk to others in game to find out who is interested in doing a spiritbonding party for the sole purpose of generating gil for the house. We need to make it clear that any materia gained from the party's efforts must go to the bank when sold. We all have our personal reserves, but none of this stuff belongs to an individual, it's for the house only. I don't know if we want a single person selling all of it or just we put it up and deposit when sold.

Sound good?

Recommendation: It's best if one person sells it. Having you all put up the same type of thing is just going to create a higher apparent supply, creating competition for yourselves in your own market. It's best if someone can regularly put stuff up for sale over time, a few or even one at a time. Obviously, someone you trust.

Hijack: Am 15% towards my FC's large house. Only two of us are contributing at the moment. The other person is currently taking a break from the game, though. Good thing I'm taking this time to increase my income, so it'll speed up the process soon!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that is a smart thing. Fighting each other on prices and whatnot would not be idle. And the market is really sensitive, namely to severe undercutting at times. Fortunately, it seems that materia will always be in high demand and so people will always been wanting it. Novus only make that even more necessary. Everyone needs 75+ materia, because who's going to have perfect luck and not fail once.

Congrats on the progress on your house! We're around 25% which I think Loco said. We're making head way on it. Since I finished my PLD, I'll be able to focus on making money on the side while doing the spiritbonding stuff. I just have to deal with markets getting undercut everytime I want to try to sell something. It's hard finding a reliable market. Have to keep moving around if you want things to be profitable.

Blog Entries
    One thing we've been doing recently is farming Timeworn Peitskin Maps as an FC. We usually do like 2-4 people for them, but have had a party of 8 FC members for it. If you get the Chimera, it's really hard/impossible to win with two people at i96. Maps are around 15,000gil to buy. I can farm one free one every 18 hours. I will farm one, decipher it (it then sticks in your key items), and then buy another one. Since they are unique, you can only have one at a time, but this method allows you to carry two around.

The maps drop 1692 gil around 75% of the time. Just straight gil. If everyone buys a map for 15,000. (So each individual person spends 15,000), and there are 8 people in the group (the gil is not shared. So 1692 gil goes to each person no matter WHAT), that's 13,536gil. That means you've basically spent 1-2k on a map. The maps also have a chance to drop 5k gil or 15k gil instead of the 1692. If this happens, you've made money JUST from the straight gil.

They also drop about 4 random things that go into your inventory. Anywhere from 100 shards to 250 shards of a random element, ingots, etc which can also be HQ. Dress materials (these sell for 50-65k on my server individually. Sometimes our maps drop 2 at once). I get these fairly frequently. I can even craft these (max meld/i70 weapon weaver) into Spring Dresses which sell for 300k each, and around 5 per day sell off the Market Boards.

This is how I've been making all my money. Currently up to 2mil now. I could make a lot more if I invested more, but a) I'm lazy, and b) I like setting a low point where I'm comfortable that if what I'm investing in plummets on the markets or never sells, I still have a good chunk of gil for whatever I want.

Hopefully this helps a bit if you're looking for ways you can make gil. Oh, and by the way. Timeworn Peitskin has a rare (1% I think) chance to drop Bluebird, which sells for 3mil on my server. I haven't got one yet after about 100 maps, but one day I will. We've all agreed to sell it and split the money. If 4 people are in the group when it drops and you split evenly, thats 750k per person, or 3 mil towards a house!

Don't forget to have to buy a deed after you buy the initial house, which is another couple hundred thousand on top of the 2.3mil for a small house.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, we've been doing a few maps. If we saw a Bluebird drop I'd tell everyone to sell it. I saw how much it goes for as well on Ultros. The only one listed now is 5 million, but the others sold for around 1-3 million. Which is pure cash. Minions are a good sell, if you can get them. But yeah, it's unlikely to be found and even then you have to wait on it to sell.

Feel like if we do spiritbonding parties we can probably get in some time on the maps too. It's just been a little difficult to get everyone on together.

Blog Entries
    I know exactly what you mean. At first, it was just me excited about maps. One guy was really into Monster Hunter, so I kept asking in FC "anyone wanna help me with a map?". I started with the alexandrite maps for the Novus weapon. Then he got hooked (and I told him that 2.3 will have actual Monster Hunts). I just kept asking and asking in FC, everyday when I logged in. "Anyone wanna help with a map real quick?" When people started coming, and started making money off it, and realized it's quick and really fun and somewhat challenging, it started to catch on.

It can feel like you're being annoying asking all the time, but it payed off for me. Now people are asking me to do maps when I log in, instead of me having to drag people to them. One of my friends just sold all the shards he's got for maps, and some of the dress materials and other things yesterday. He said he had 20,000gil when he logged out after putting everything on the Markets. Woke up and logged in to 480,000gil.

Blog Entries
    I guess I'll have to start being more annoying then. ;p I've been getting maps everyday since the start of them. Though I sold them, because no one seemed interested in doing them and they were quick cash. Most times the Piesteskin ended up being cheaper than the others. So I didn't try to get the party ones. But since Ealk wanted to do them, I've actually been feeling like doing them. The first one I did with him I got a dress material which was 60k so I realized that there was the potential for something big out of them. Definitely need to make some money.

Blog Entries
    I mean, I've got some time to kill tonight.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    The Peitskins were designed for like 8 people (with really bad i55 gear at 50). We can safely do them with one tank/healer/dps. Most of them spawn adds twice during the fight, or are just adds. So me being on BLM or WHM holy spam is pretty handy. It's very safe to use 4 people. I've duo'd the maps, but Chimera can be extremely tough with paralyze and adds that hit like trucks. He can, however, be slept and so can his adds. So you can have your dps mark which ones to kill first, and focus target the Chimera to see how long sleep has.

Use your chocobos! My chocobo is rank6 and can make the difference in these map fights. I've specced him into being a healer.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's what we've been doing. Me on SMN with Titan tanking, Andromeda on BLM. Both chocobos out. Ealkyrja probably runs maps with Andromeda most often, though if it's just them, Andromeda has to tank with only chocobo healing. It's a little messier.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    BLM tank is the bestest tank. We're like the Ninja tank from XI. ;p No one expects them, but we have the odd abilities to actually defend ourselves, though it's pretty much just emergency things. It's still fun completely negating damage.

My BLM is powerful enough though that I just kill stuff quickly enough that it tends not to be so bad. Still haven't seen the Chimera, so I look forward to that fight.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I saw the chimera last night while we were waiting for a T4 farm to fill up. That was absolute chaos.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    BLM tank is the bestest tank. We're like the Ninja tank from XI. ;p No one expects them, but we have the odd abilities to actually defend ourselves, though it's pretty much just emergency things. It's still fun completely negating damage.

My BLM is powerful enough though that I just kill stuff quickly enough that it tends not to be so bad. Still haven't seen the Chimera, so I look forward to that fight.
    Please look forward to it. ^^ lol

Blog Entries
    Yes, Yoshida-che. ;p I think Ealk might have fought the Chimera, he said he popped a boss monster and it killed him quickly.

Blog Entries
    While it's not completely clear, they are adding a new ward into each of the cities. So there'll be 6 now, which is 90 new plots. However, they also announced there will be new prices for the plots. The part that I'm not 100% certain about is if this is for all plots 1-6 or just for ward 6. If it is for all plots, then the large plots overall just got quite a bit cheaper. They are naturally higher than they used to be but in a month they'll be even cheaper. The cheapest right now is 49.8 or so million, but with the new pricing the cheapest will be 35 million which is a significant price drop, something that I've been looking for. And if that is the case we suddenly jumped from being 25% of the way there to about 33% of the way here in a month's time of course. But unless we get a windfall in the next month. It's not like we'd get the rest of the 38 million we needed anyway. Now we only need like 23 million. I can do that in my sleep. ;p

But seriously, I've been wanting to see this price drop for a while. Glad it finally hit. Hopefully with spiritbonding parties we can get this house bought a month.

I ran a test run mostly solo and completed a spiritbonding session in roughly an hour without melds or FC bonus action. I didn't have enough time after work to try it out with those two missing components. But I will be trying that sometime this week. Already made 100k off it after expenses. And I'm looking at the time investment required to make it all myself which is totally doable, but I don't know how long it would take to do that. Given the time requirements, I may take the expense for the speed.

And I'll likely do that when I run our party stuff just because it'll be a very big time sink crafting it all. But like I said, I'm going to see what the time investment is to see if it is worth doing.

New Patch 2.3 tomorrow and fun times with that aside, we need to pick a day this week to run our spiritbonding stuff. I'm good any day right now. So what's going to work for you Loco?

Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna lie, my priority tomorrow will be to discover all the new content.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    You're evading the question Loco. I know with 2.3 tomorrow is out. Even without the patch tomorrow it'd be really mean and inconsiderate of me to ask with less than a day's notice about to doing this. We still have the rest of the week though to pick from. So I need to know which day is going to work out best for you. ^^

I don't want to sound mean about this, but you agreed scheduling and making money is a top priority (says so at the top of the thread ^^ ). So I'm going to keep pushing on scheduling this until I get an answer. I know you want this as much as me. So I'm going to be harping until things start moving.

Blog Entries
    My problem is that I don't have a "good day" so scheduling around me is terribly inconvenient for everyone else. The schedule should be made around the free time of everyone else. One week I might have a Thursday free, and the next it might be a Tuesday., then a Saturday, so on and so forth. I'd say to find a day that best works for everyone else, and I will try to work it into my schedule as often as possible.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    That's why I suggested a flexible non-set schedule because I knew the time off you had or were available would change. The date we do it would change every week based on what worked out for everyone involved. Since you are the one most often with the tightest schedule to work around know what is going to work with you will help to talk to others to find out if it works with them.

And since we aren't always on at the same time. I can talk things out here with you on dates and then go later into game and talk out things between the others. Asma was on board, still not 100% sure about Ealk, but you're with him if I'm getting the sense of your living situation correctly. So you can just find out from him if he's in and what's going to work for him. And most likely the two new guys that I recruited from work are going to be willing to help. They have pretty open schedules, but we work together so I just ask them in person what works.

So I think probably things fall on you a lot on when you're available. Asma will probably be on tomorrow so I can ask what days are good for him.

I also need to know if we're just doing a single set or multiple sets. So I know how much gear I'm preparing.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, we can probably do a lot of consulting tomorrow as I imagine that most people will be online at some point throughout the day.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

You're evading the question Loco. I know with 2.3 tomorrow is out. Even without the patch tomorrow it'd be really mean and inconsiderate of me to ask with less than a day's notice about to doing this. We still have the rest of the week though to pick from. So I need to know which day is going to work out best for you. ^^

I don't want to sound mean about this, but you agreed scheduling and making money is a top priority (says so at the top of the thread ^^ ). So I'm going to keep pushing on scheduling this until I get an answer. I know you want this as much as me. So I'm going to be harping until things start moving.
    Where have you been all my life? <3

Sounds like things are going pretty good for you all. On my side, I've just started increasing the amount of gil I bring in. Currently just over 20%. Sadly, still only two of us working towards it. I'm unsure if I will be aiming for the new ward. I'm sure others have their sights on it as well. If nobody else picks it up, though, I could possibly get it done within the month. My only problem with this is that it gets in the way of another plan I had... I hope things progress according to my plans.

If aiming for the new ward, it should be dropping to about 37m for me. I can probably do that pretty easily.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 07-08-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Bought my personal private chambers or w/e and started decorating. Good thing I'm a max GSM and WVR so I can craft my own junk.

http://i.imgur.com/3GfmlGE.png

PS My char is really hawt. :3

update: rearrange some shiz, crafted myself a moogle rug (I KO'd Moggle king, I didn't kill or skin him for the rug. It's just a tribute to them adorable things).

http://i.imgur.com/WeK3TkH.png
    http://i.imgur.com/TvDdRkq.png
    http://i.imgur.com/KuCBA2z.png

OKAY I'M DONE I'M TOO PROUD SORRY
    Last edited by che; 07-11-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast