Thread: PlayOnline

Registered User PlayOnline LauriJ's Avatar

PlayOnline

I do find it somewhat funny that SE still keeps PlayOnline around for FFXI. Despite that, I think it's the best game launcher there is, music and all. Do you agree with me?

Well they were ahead of the curve with Game Launchers.

Also FFXI still makes them a great amount of money.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Quiet One PlayOnline Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Plus more than likely, FFXI is hard coded with the Playonline launcher. So I don't know if they remove it. It launched on PS2 and PC, probably 360 as well. Sad they dropped it after only two game for it. Still like you said, that music takes me back every time I hear it.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I remember the music well.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Yeah, POL isn't going anywhere anytime soon but do you remember the original tracks to it? was awesome. I got no idea why they changed the music so much (for POL) from what it was but personally I woulda preferred the original track..

..hah brings me back that was back when Tetra Master was still up XD .. I never played it outside of IX (and I sucked at it for most part) but I never got a chance to look at the .. HD? version of it, you had to pay a small additional fee to play it too! cheap bastards probably one of the reasons why I never bothered - but that was a lifetime ago and I'm old.

Shame they are onry integrating all of these things now (well over the course of the last year, ish.), man it woulda been so much easier to cruise through if this stuff if it was like .. 2~3 years ago?
    Ah the day of 75 Kirin alliances, how I heart thee lol. I could probably solo Kirin now on my Puppetmaster.

Saw the title-screen music coming though - first they adjusted it so you could change it to 16:9 / 16:10 etc ratio, instead of the old 4:3 which it was defaulted to. My cat was always lookin chubby when I loaded it up ;_;
    SPOILER!!:

^_^

Registered User PlayOnline LauriJ's Avatar
    So, do you perhaps have some screenshots of the PlayOnline Viewer in action? It might not be much of course but still it would be neat to see for those who doesn't play FFXI at all.