Thread: New Jobs, Race and Raid Details Revealed

The Quiet One New Jobs, Race and Raid Details Revealed Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post New Jobs, Race and Raid Details Revealed

The Tokyo Fan Festival is currently going now and the Keynote delivered a wealth of new information to get FFXIV players excited. Final Fantasy in general should be excited and happy to know that Umematsu will be doing the main theme for Heavensward.

Starting with the raid, the new high end raid to replaced the Binding Coil of Bahamut will be Alexander. He is a primal summoned by the Goblins and they summoned him into a castle. So players will be entered inside Alexander and fighting bosses and likely eventually him. They confirmed there will be a normal and hard version of Alexander. The normal they said will be comparable to the current echo buffed Coil while the hard version will be even harder than the current coil unbuffed. And players will not need to clear Coil to have access.

The long teased new race was finally revealed as the Au Ra, a dragon like humanoid race. The male and female models will be significantly more different this time around compared to other races. The males are very tall and muscular while the females look to be closer to the standard height of a human with more elegant features. The horns they said will be changeable and they have sections of scales on different parts of their body. The Au Ra come from the land of Othard.

The new jobs will work just like Dark Knight in that they will available immediately on release to those with the expansion and will have no base class required. The first is the new healer job, the Astrologian as healer that uses the stars and its star globe along with divine cards to support the party. The second is the Machinist which will be a new ranged DPS and come with a turret that it can place. It also customizes and alters its gun.

Two new mounts were shown off a dragon mount that will also be in the collector's edition as a figure and a collector's edition reward the griffin mount. Also with them is a Kain minion and Cecil helmet.

Videos will be coming out soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Jobs, Race and Raid Details Revealed-ffxivarr30logo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Time Mage is kinda what I thought the healer was going to be, this is somewhat close to that. I'm excited. and new race woot saved my Phantasia.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Yeah it is a little Time Mage-y, though I am a little disappointed that it won't be a gun healer. I wanted to see that happen, but people got their standard ranged DPS gun job. A little disappointed that it wasn't actually different like they were saying it was going to be. The Dark Knight looked really cool, hopefully this will get Dawezy over with the power of darkness.

But I'm really guessing that Square is going to give everyone a free phantasia to allow people to switch to Au Ra if they want. It seems fair. The female Au Ra look really cute, but I will probably still stick with my Hume, but who knows. I have retainer phantasia, so I can experiment on them to see if there is something that appeals to me.

I kind of don't like this new race so I just used my Fantasia haha. but hey a free one again if I don't like this and go back to Cat Girl.

I had a should the Gun class would be a Mixture of Ranged/Caster since they were lacking both. I am somewhat disappointed it's not a new Caster but they do have 2 of those and not 2 Ranged IE the ACH/BRD so this is cool I feel.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Well the nice thing is with a new healer I already have gear for it when it gets to 50. So I don't have to worry about gearing it up. Though at that point there maybe new gear with the jump to 60.

Yeah I hope we get another mage at some point. We have a ton of disciples of war, need more of magic.

They already have Astrologian gear? Unless you're just referring to Crafted DoM gear.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    It's a healer, so they are Mind based, meaning my Poetics and Soldiery gear will be compatible with the Astrologian just like the Dark Knight will be compatible with my PLD and WAR tank gear.

Yeah I honestly think those are going to be useless once expansion comes out but this is Final Fantasy and they probably wont help you out the new expansion so having SoL/P will help.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Nothing is useless in FFXIV if you don't have something better. People always say the new gear makes the old obsolete. Sure if you have the new gear, but if you're still building towards it, then it is all completely still relevant and useful to you. Even come the expansion I'll still get use out of it.

What I mean is, it's gear for what I call "catch up phase" you farm tokens to buy up to date gear. For someone like me who started up in September and didn't get to progress like everyone else I was able to get all my 110 gear within a week because of how easily it was to farm up 2k tokens. Reason why I say it could be useless is they release a set for the expansion or quest rewards at the start of the expansion that is better than the 90-110 gear you can purchase with SoL/P, something like that is what I was thinking towards that gear being useless.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    A lot of it depends on if they have any plans to adjust our gear now that 50 won't be the physical cap anymore. If things stay the same I would find it unlikely they'll just hand out new gear better than 120. If things do change in some meaningful way, then new gear rewards for the story is a possibility. It's still all speculation though. So I'm not going to count on that happening right now.

Yeah I totally agree. This is Final Fantasy online which hasn't ever been that much of a cake walk for things.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    That's a relative thing. FFXIV is many times less grindy than FFXI. But it is an MMO, so there is going to be some grind involved in things. The worst is the relic weapon grind, but that's about it. Which is purely optional.

Here is a very helpful thread I found regarding all of the info that was translated from the Tokyo Fan Fest. It goes into pretty good detail on things like World of Darkness as well as Gold Saucer, and some misc bits of info such as...

Can you create a furnishing like a jukebox for housing so that you can change the BGM there?
    Yoshida: I saw the item name Orchestrion somewhere. There are a lot of songs people like from various places.
    Soken: We'd need to come up with the specifications for it.
    Yoshida: I feel like we can definitely do this by around 3.0 or 3.1.