Thread: New Heavensward Details from London Fan Fest

The Quiet One New Heavensward Details from London Fan Fest Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post New Heavensward Details from London Fan Fest

As promised, Yoshida came with new information for the 3.0 expansion for FFXIV, Heavensward. While he did go over many of the already revealed details, he was able to finally confirm that one of the new jobs for the expansion is Dark Knight. Teased during the dev panel in Las Vegas, Dark Knight was part of the main release of info. There are a couple surprises for some to come from it. The Dark Knight will be a tank job and it will have no starting class, meaning that you immediately start as Dark Knight. It will use a two handed Great Sword and sounded like it would be available to the players immediately at the start of the expansion.

Mounts were one of the other big talking points, revealing that there would be flying mounts now. He said that they have 6 or 7 currently planned and the starting flying mount would be the Black Chocobo, a classic of the series. The flying would work like jumping, but only in the Heavensward areas, the existing areas would not have flying possible. But he wants there to be a lot of reason to fly with the floating landmass hiding treasures and other things up in the sky. It was also revealed a one man airship that would be available later to the player. It was also said that the speed of mounts would be increasing, sounding like flying would be slower horizontally, so it would still be more ideal to run on the ground if you're just trying to traverse the area rather than flying over it.

Two of the new beastmen tribes were shown off along with their primals that are related to them. The first are the Vanu Vanu, a fat bird type race, who's primal is Bismark a giant sky whale type creature with an airship battle being hinted at as the boss arena. The other race are the Gnath a bug like species that worship Ravana, the FFXIV original primal.

The next jump announcement was tease to be the gun class mentioned before, but all Yoshida confirmed was that he would be introducing it at the Tokyo Fan Fest in December.

Source: Flying Mounts, Dark Knights And More Fresh FFXIV Expansion Info
    Attached Images Attached Images New Heavensward Details from London Fan Fest-ffxivarr30logo-jpg 
    Last edited by Andromeda; 10-26-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy New Heavensward Details from London Fan Fest Rowan's Avatar
    Giving me a reason to smash it out again. Cant wait for this!

Blog Entries
    The reasons don't stop. Tokyo will probably have even more things to get excited over. Any XIV fans have been looking forward to Ishgard for so long and everything that they're doing for it just makes it even better and better. I need to finish leveling everything before the Spring so I can get ready to level everything all over again. >.> Only 4 jobs away from that being a reality.

The classless Dark Knight is going to be an interesting new standard, if that is to be the future of jobs. Makes me wonder how that will affect the current system and if the expansion will see a major overhaul of the game. If they do drop the classes, Summoner and Scholars will be happy, since they'll get dedicated stats once more.

Well in my opinion, I see why they decided to make dark knight a tank and once more, classless. It will probably serve well to deal with the lack of tanks/high demand of tanks required for duty. I reckon though that the next in demand will be healers. I would love to see some images of what a female dark knight would look like. They released a whole bunch of images already, also.

Blog Entries
    There's a lot of people guessing the gun class will be a healer, since like you said people will be wanting a healer class, since we now have a new DPS and Tank job. It only makes sense that we do get one. Yoshida did say that it was not going to be what we expect, so a gun healer would be really unexpected. And if they did it I'd be really curious how it plays, since that would be very unique.

Yeah, a female look at the Dark Knight would be great, especially since that'll be what I'll be appearing as when I play my Dark Knight.

My character is female too. Armor looks so nice and snug on the female characters. A gun class would be awesome. It surely wont be DPS because they already released Ninja, it wont be tank because of dark knight, so that just leaves healer. Perhaps the gun shoots healing bullets at allies?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think it would be like magic bullets maybe that function as healing. It is certainly going to be strange for people, but it'll be fun if it turns out to be true.

Consistently Average New Heavensward Details from London Fan Fest Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What if it was something similar to Chemists from Tactics? That was a healing based job that could also use guns. I say this with no real knowledge of XIV so i don't know what already exists or is possible.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Chemist is all I want. Really hope that's what the next job is. They could even use NIN's Mudra system to give it Mix.

Not too happy about DRK being a tank, but I wouldn't have played it anyway.