Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Final Fantasy XIV Details

Rune Knight More Final Fantasy XIV Details Trodorne's Avatar

Re: More Final Fantasy XIV Details

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Actually the developers have said that this game will be more solo friendly compared to FFXI which was not so much. Of course there will still be quests/missions that require multiple people but there should be some stuff that can be solo'ed or at least the ability to "level up" alone.

Besides, why you gotta hate on other people? What've they done to you that you don't want to form group and conquer foul demon in a Final Fantasy universe. Fans uniting or is that a bad thing?
    actually i have nothing against playing with others. ok maybe i do have a problem. and i think this stems from me being anti social and the fact that i have to plug in so many hours with japanese auto translates setting up macros for these parties that work like a gambit system. and people telling me how i should be running my character.

which was the same in world of warcraft, i solod from 1-76 before i quit and made an awesome Prot/ret paladin for the horde designed for pvp which could last again 3-4 other players.

and frankly i don't think online games are for me anymore even though the system does sound nice i do not have the time to invest in an online rpg, when i can do my party playing in a good old fashioned night of dungeons and dragons or some other D&D esque table top game that allows us to do what we want with in a line of reason or luck of the dice.

so the hate in the end is not on the people its time i have to waste on people to invite me and time to which i have to invest into making a character which is up to the "groups" specifications. and joining clans or link shells or guilds never pans out for me, cause hey im good to level up oh look at that everyone else is busy or does not want to help.

*p.s - sorry for a late response moved to a new province and school

Magically Delicous More Final Fantasy XIV Details Merlin's Avatar

Re: More Final Fantasy XIV Details

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    But I always assumed with what I was seeing that FFXIV was just FFXI 2.0. Which, I love FFXI so I knew that I'd enjoy FFXIV. It's just a major graphical upgrade and a few design overhauls.
    Unfortunately, their claim to improving everything that was wrong with FFXI and keeping the good parts is complete BS. Where did the player search functionality go? Why do I have to be in viewing range of someone to invite them to a party? Why remove the AH and replace it with a broke-ass instance system? Why is the GUI EVEN SLOWER than FFXI's(which was pretty slow)? Why is outside areas copy+pastaed so much(not just tunnels like before). It's pretty bad I get lost in the game not because of it being vast, but because I keep passing the same river, or the same rock every few hundred yards. Why can't I zoom the map, or see party members on it, or the Market Wards...

I'm not sure wtf they were thinking, but so far they definitely got it wrong. I'm hoping they improve a lot of these things because it is possible, but some of it isn't. It's a bit hard to re-design the zones after they are there...

Right now my biggest gripe is the GUI. If they fixed that I'd be OK. Seriously, who in their right mind would think that GUI was acceptable for a production product? What did they test the game on, a farking Beowulf cluster? The GUI is slower than a turtle on muscle relaxers trying to walk through molasses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2