Thread: Montly payments

Registered User Montly payments Zidane77's Avatar

Montly payments

I was told from the bank that i need a social security number to have my Visa verified, otherwise i can't start playing this game.
    And im a international student and don't have it, have people encountered this issue and know how to fix this?

Registered User Montly payments Locke4God's Avatar

Re: Montly payments

this is why I hate online games. Monthly payments! Yeah right,,,,,,,,,,,,, no way.

I know right, that's always been my opinion but for some reason i want to try but it's like you have to marry the company to try it out, it's ridiculous xD

I do like free online games, that don't need any credit card information like Battle Forge, Stronghold Kingdoms,Spiral Knights and Vindictus etc.

Yeah, it's just much for me. I'm much more of a casual gamer at this point in my life, and if I'm paying monthly for something I'd better be using the hell out of it. Plus I just miss the old days, of picking up a game, paying $60 for it, and playing it however and whenever I feel like. If I was paying monthly, I'd feel like I had to playing every second to get my money's worth.

Are they actually charging for this game at the moment? Last I heard it was such a failure it's free to play until they bring it up to code.

If it is free and they want your credit card info I can see that going sour. You go along playing the game then unexpectedly you get charged like $20 for a month because they decided to give little to no clear indication of monthly payments starting.

Making MMO's with monethy payments must be the biggest money making scam businesses can do these days. You charge relatively insane amounts of money for several servers to just sit there and run. MMO's have very little personal help, you already payed full price for a game, other companies live off the initial sell for programmers... Then even after minimal content is added for a year or so they decide it's time for an equally expensive expansion to gouge addicted players even more.

With automatic subscriptions it makes the process easier but all the more shadowy when hooking gamers (less notable that they are being gouged each month)

I've been caught in this money hole before (FFXI for a short time and WoW for longer)
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Yeah it's pretty insane, i totally agree with you.
    I've never played an MMO that you have to play monthly for, never tried either XI or XIV.
    Just wanted to see what the fuss was about but it's just too much dedication and commitment, it's crazy.

They're not charging for XIV right now but you appearantly have to pay for your character 3$ a month, and new characters means the price increases each month.
    Also the fact that they want the credit card information anyway and like you said, could do whatever they'd feel like and that would so much crap to go through.
    It's shameful for a good company like this, at least when it was Squaresoft and before XI.
    I dont like this money scamming and i never will, still wanted to try while it was free but it's not all free appearantly.

Basically while creating everything online before i even get into the game took me like 2 hours and then i found out i can't play the game cause im not an american citizen. Now i don't know what to do with that..
    Last edited by Zidane77; 04-15-2011 at 11:12 AM.

YES -

My thought is that there are plenty of other games to play. Why would I chose to play one that not only costs me the $60 to get it, which I'm cool with, but then another $25/30, or more every month to play. Hell I'll just play NBA 2K all day rather than that, or old FF games, or Zelda, or whatever else I can find. I just bought Ultimate Alliance which I'd never played and I've still got X3 (the space game, no the x-men game)

DivineAyumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    Are they actually charging for this game at the moment? Last I heard it was such a failure it's free to play until they bring it up to code.

If it is free and they want your credit card info I can see that going sour. You go along playing the game then unexpectedly you get charged like $20 for a month because they decided to give little to no clear indication of monthly payments starting.

Making MMO's with monethy payments must be the biggest money making scam businesses can do these days. You charge relatively insane amounts of money for several servers to just sit there and run. MMO's have very little personal help, you already payed full price for a game, other companies live off the initial sell for programmers... Then even after minimal content is added for a year or so they decide it's time for an equally expensive expansion to gouge addicted players even more.

With automatic subscriptions it makes the process easier but all the more shadowy when hooking gamers (less notable that they are being gouged each month)

I've been caught in this money hole before (FFXI for a short time and WoW for longer)
    WOW.... lol... (and I don't mean the game)

I don't even know where to start off here.
    First, you said that initial sales is enough to cover the programmers. False, those expansions you talk about are always "being developed".
    Development not only consist on entering codes, it also requires planning and lots of brainstorming.
    Listenning to communities and test their ideas and see/plan how this will impact the current game now and on the future. And many more.

Also, monthly payments are required to pay for expenses such as light and internet.
    These games are not being hosted at "mommy's basement" where you get free internet and light (and food).

3 - when they ask for credit card, it does not mean they will charge you right away, its just a "secure the customer" method.
    In real life, if you walk up on a FedEx Office to ask for a poster to be made, they will ask you for full payment or simply just you credit card numbers. This way they secure that after they made the poster for you, and you never return to pick it up. They will just charge you for the job so they don't loose money.

4- Automatic subscriptions indeed make it easier for both sides, but you shouldn't blame a game for how addicted YOU have become.
    That's like blaming my neightbor for how addicted to sex I've become.

Sent from my T-Mobile using Tapatalk

Final Fantasy Noob! Montly payments ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane77 View Post
    They're not charging for XIV right now but you appearantly have to pay for your character 3$ a month, and new characters means the price increases each month.
    Hate to break it to you, but...that's charging.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey59 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but...that's charging.
    Haha exactly

Magically Delicous Montly payments Merlin's Avatar

No, there is still no monthly cost to this game. They have set no time frame for when they will start charging again.

Pro tip: If you're going to necropost, don't post spam or false info. K-thx.

a what now?
    thats the info i got, when i was signing up, thats what it said.
    You can necropost all u want.

Uhh he meant for the forums. Since there's no need for this topic anymore, I'll just lock it.