Thread: Lvl 50 Weaver

Boxer of the Galaxy Lvl 50 Weaver Rowan's Avatar

Lvl 50 Weaver

...now what? I dont see how decent profits can made from crafting items as a weaver. The materials themselves are so expensive to obtain. Looking at Vanya silk for making the Spring Dress... its just cheaper to buy things you want outright from a marketboard. Anyway, how the hell are you suppsoed to get control and craftsmanship levels in the high 300s anyway? I have the HQ best weaver gear and im sitting at about 270 craftsmanship and thats why a lvl 4 craftsmanship materia attached to it as well.

I've just started mining because I refuse to pay for shards ever again, and I figure I can actually make money selling shards (lol) and other materials from mining. Anyway, my question is how can I make money as a lvl 50 weaver, and would I be able to make as much or more from being a miner?

The Quiet One Lvl 50 Weaver Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only way you get your craftsmanship and control up after you get the il55 weaver gear is to meld it. You need to fully meld the gear to reach the stats you need to make the 2 and 3 star stuff. The best way to make money as you are is to make HQ materials of the cloth or linens. They are heavily used in a lot of synths and so people always need them. The other thing you can do is make felt or patrician gear and then spiritbond the gear and sell the materia you make off it. Until you get to 2 and 3 star crafted goods along with master recipe items you won't make a huge amount of money from a single item. But it does add up. 10 undyed linen can be like 25-50k. The draw back to the 2, 3 star and master recipes is that though they sell for a ton, they don't sell as fast as the other stuff.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

So your advice would be to craft HQ linens? Or Cloth? Ill check the MP to see what they go for, but the problem I always have is that I dont know what the best thing to sell is. I suppose it would vary server to server, and even city to city, but I was hoping you might address my question about mining too, as I am hoping that having more than one DoH/DoL class would increase my eventual profits.

Blog Entries
    Yeah Linen, Cloth and Yarn are going to be main materials that weavers use as you should already know from leveling it. Which also means that it'll be things that sell quickly are always in demand on the MB. So for a quick turn around they are the best thing to do. They won't sell for tons, though the HQs at least on Ultros for undyed linen can be like 7k or more per. But yes, it is best to look at the price of each and the cost to you. If you do all the work yourself then it is just a matter of time it takes to gather everything.

You would probably be better off leveling botanist if you're going for weaver, since there are going to be more things that botanist will offer than miner for your weaver. Though many of the more commonly used items are only dropped from monsters, fleece and such. You won't make a ton off miner from the regular things you find. Some of the raw "fill in the blank" types that Goldsmith use can go for a decent amount, but in general you're going to have to mine a ton to make a decent amount of money off it. Weaver will generate more for less time. However, the 1 star stuff you get can sell for a decent amount, but if you want to get HQ ones which are the more important ones you need to meld yourself up. The 1 star locations are also timed, you can only get them once per Eorzean (in-game day). So there is a limit, which is why they have value, not to mention they only pop at specific times in the day too. If you do get them, they can go for a few thousand sometimes, especially the HQ ones.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Lvl 50 Weaver Treize's Avatar
    Before I was fully melded for wvr, I mainly farmed fleece, and made wool equipment. I found that to be fairly profitable. I checked the market board to see which pieces of gear were selling for the most and made those. You can generally make 5k+/craft. You can also spiritbond while farming fleece. This was surprisingly one of the quickest ways to spiritbond. There is a group just northeast of Camp Dragonhead where you can gather up a bunch of mobs and aoe them down. I think it's about 10-11% spiritbond/pull on i45 gear without potion/FC buff. I don't know about your server, but Savage Might IV sells for 450k on my server if you're lucky to get one. The crafting materia are also fairly profitable. You can also make your whole left side equipment to spiritbond with wvr.

Another option is to make linen equipment. If you have reputation with the sylphs, you can buy the materials to make the gear fairly cheap. This can be just as profitable as the wool gear without spiritbonding.

I've found that felt stuff doesn't sell so well on my server, but if it does on yours, you can farm the snurble tufts at the Burning Wall and spiritbond, just like with the fleece, but it isn't nearly as fast, and you don't get nearly as many as you would fleece.

I would say the militia gear and the one star stuff is more profitable, but you probably can't HQ those so easily without melding and getting cross class abilities.

I won't say that making the yarn/cloth is bad, but they are much less profitable, so you have to make many more, which takes a lot more time. They are also a lot harder to get HQ because they have 40 durability, especially if you don't have cross class abilities or melded gear.

Mining is also very profitable. Even at low levels, you should check the market board. Some mats sell for a lot because of people needing them to make stuff to desynth. Generally silver/mythril/electrum ore sells for a lot, but it may vary on your server. A lot of stuff can sell for 200-300 gil a piece. If you are smart and scout prices, I wouldn't be surprised if you could make 2k/min or more mining low level stuff. Also, once you hit 50 and meld your gear, you can make much more. I can make 20-30k off some unspoiled nodes. It takes about 3-4 mins to teleport, run to the node, and gather the materials. 20-30k for 3-4 mins worth of time is not that bad. You can get even more if you are lucky with getting HQ stuff. Some of the HQ raw stones sell for 20k on my server, so you can potentially make 100k off one unspoiled node, but you have to be fully melded and have the forager's tool.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Crash Boom Bang Lvl 50 Weaver Lily's Avatar
    it would help if you levelled your gatherers up, it kinda seems pointless to do crafting without gathering as the market place items are so bloody expensive

ive never had an issue selling gear ive made, particularily for gatherers/crafters, even if they arent HQ

Well what I've come to understand is that DoH require materials. DoL does not. Therefor the biggest profits should be able to be made from DoL as it cost nothing to mine.

I was also told buy tomato pie's to help with gathering and that a full stack would cost about 20k. Half stacks cost 70k on my server. What.The.Hell.

I don't think that is correct. DoH requires materials, which you may have to buy, but you make much more for the amount of time spent. Like I said before, you can make 5k+/craft, which doesn't even take a minute to do. You just have to wait for it to sell, but I could normally sell 10 or more/day. So you can make 50k for 10 minutes worth of crafting. Maybe it'll take another 20 mins worth of time to check the market board and update prices.

With gathering, I don't think you can make 50k in half an hour unless you are mining unspoiled nodes. But if you compare unspoiled nodes to 1-3 star crafting stuff, there is still no comparison. I think I've sold some spring stuff for over 300k profit when it was selling for more.Those still only take 1-2 mins to craft.

Also, there is really no reason to use food for miner unless you are level 50, and even then, if you are fully melded, you don't really need food. I used food to mine umbral rocks to get the forager's tool before I was fully melded, but I didn't even need the food for that after I finished melding. If you aren't mining unspoiled nodes, there is an unlimited number of nodes. If you miss at 95% success, it doesn't matter. Also, it won't help much with getting HQ either. It may increase your chance to get HQ by 1%. This is not worth the cost of food in my opinion.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

You mention crafting items and selling for 5k, but where do these materials come from that you use to craft these 5k worth items? Often these materials also need to be crafted, from other materials which need to be purchased or obtained via means of other classes (if you are intent on not spending any money). It just seems unrealistic to expect to be able to craft items for free and make decent profits, at least not at the rate you are sugguesting. Ive tried selling the undyed linen both normal and HQ and sells for about 1k each. Not that great considering its costing shards, yarn, fleece etc. I didnt think it would be so diffucult at lvl 50.

Blog Entries
    A lot of it is going to be about looking at the market and finding what is selling for a good profit at the moment. Things fluctuate a lot on materials for crafting. When people see a high priced market they jump on it and flood it looking for a quick gil. If the market can't support the influx with lots of buyers the price tends to drop fast. But from leveling weaver you should have a good idea what materials you use a lot in your crafting. Every other weaver needs those as well. The big ones are ones that used for leve turn ins. People like to buy them rather than spend the time to make it themselves. So they always have a market and tend to be modestly priced. If undyed linen isn't working out look for another cotton cloth is a good one. But since I don't know what your server prices are like it is going to have to be something you investigate yourself to find where the best prices are.

The best advice, don't try to corner the market or go all in on one. You'll find that tend to sell less often if you off load a lot, unless it is a highly trafficked item. It is better to spread yourself out and do a little in several areas. This is especially true when you start making things that go for more than 10 or 20k. Once you start getting into that range, you're not going to have people buying every minute or hour sometimes. So it is better to spread yourself out and hit several markets. Plus it reduces your risk of the single market you're going off being undercut until it is worthless, which happens far too often in the game. The more areas you're in the better your odds of more of your things getting sold and not having to reprice them.

When I said that you can make 5k+ off the gear, I mean profit. You sell the gear for 10k+ on the market board, but it costs maybe 5k to buy the materials/shards. If you only sell the gear for 5k and it costs 5k to make, there will be no profit. You have to scout the market board and see what sells the best. On my server, I have sold wool gear for as high at 18-20k, but all you have to do is find items that sell for around 10k or more to make a sizable profit.

As for asking about the materials, read my first post because I already told you the best way to get them. You farm fleece in Coerthas just northeast of Camp Dragonhead to make wool stuff. They increased the drop rate of fleece. I believe you can get up to 200 fleece in the amount of time it takes to spiritbond a set of gear, of course depending on the gear. I think the mobs drop up to 9 fleece, and you are killing 10 or so each pull. You then quick synth the wool yarn/cloth. I bought thousands of lightning shards to do this, but it is more than profitable in the end. You can buy anything lower than that from the Sylph vendor. That is easily the cheapest way to get them. You buy undyed linen for 411 gil and linen yarn for 186 gil from the vendor. If you are selling undyed linen on the market board for 1k, you may as well just buy from the vendor to sell. I really doubt you can craft them for less than that unless the price of shards on your server is less than 40 gil/shard. To get the snurble tufts for felt, you farm the mobs near the burning wall, but you will likely have to buy materials.

Andromeda is right that you need to look for multiple markets, though. Many people are willing to undercut even if it is a loss to them just to make inventory room and get rid of unwanted stuff. If you are only able to make up to felt gear, you should watch the linen, wool, and felt markets. You should definitely find stuff that you can make that will be very profitable.

If you are looking to make very quick profits, you should put in the time to meld your gear and level other classes to get the cross class abilities. You can probably make 50k/day like I was saying, but you have to really put in the time and gil with melding if you are interested in making the biggest profits. It is possible to make 100k off just one craft if it's 3 star. Actually, until recently, it was normal to make much more than that. It is the same with everything. Miner is profitable, but if you are only low level, expect to spend a lot of time to make gil. But if you put in the time and gil to level and meld materia, you can make gil that much quicker. If I wanted to, I easily make 200-300k/day off stuff from unspoiled nodes, which take very little time to get. Have fun mining stuff all day to get that much worth if you don't have melded gear to reach stat mins on certain nodes.
    TFF Family: