Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Looking to start over on ps4 and...

Boxer of the Galaxy Looking to start over on ps4 and... Rowan's Avatar
    So after reading about your mention on '3-star' items I did some research. I am currently a lvl30 weaver and I found out that at max level, you can make items like "spring dress' which provide insignificant amounts of defence in leiu of what I believe to be a very nice cosmetic glamour item? Am I correct? How much would a spring dress sell for? And am I spot on about its purpose? Im definitely gonna work on my weaver now so I can make a pretty dress for my gf's character.

Also, How do retainer ventures work? I have more than 20 tokens... what do they do?

The Quiet One Looking to start over on ps4 and... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, there are going to be items in game that Square Enix made solely for the purpose of being used to glamour. They won't have any meaningful stats. They look pretty and people will want them.

The price they sell for actually is going to vary from server to server. Every economy is going to be different. However, on Ultros I'm pretty sure they go for like 300k pretty easily. One of the materials you need for it, which you need two of them I sold for 60k just this week. The value of them is partly due to the rarity of the materials and the demand. So you can expect it to be expensive. However, it is 3 stars, which means only select people are going to be able to make it due to the high stat requirements for just even unlocking the right to craft the item. Which is a significant investment itself.

Ventures are used to send your retainer on errands as it were. There is a quest to unlock the ability to send them. When you unlock it they start out as lv1 and you can select any class you have unlocked. Their max class level is equal to your level in that class. So if you aren't 50 in it they won't hit 50. On top of that you can equip them gear you have on yourself. So you can free up space. Once you have a class selected you'll be able to send them on errands. It will depend on if you made them a combat class or a gathering classes. They get different pools. The errands are the same though. There are 3 errands or expeditions you can send them on. Only two will be available from the start and then you can unlock the other as they level up. The first one is a hour expedition where they will go out and get what you tell them. There is a list of items you can select from based on their level, so lv1 it'll be one item, but increase as they level up. Every 5 levels a new rank unlocks with that. The second expedition is a 18 hour one, but you don't get to pick what they bring back it is just random based on the rank you select. The last one unlocks at 15 and is a Quick Expedition that last for an hour as well, but is random.

The difference here is the one hour specific only consumes 1 venture and you know exactly what you're getting, though it'll be NQ or HQ items. The 18 hour is random and has a small loot pool it grabs from based on the rank. The Quick has no level requirements, but is highly random and has a very massive loot pool. The Quick literally can bring you a Primal Weapon, a part to a house or a slice of meat, it is that random and vast. So Quick is very ideal for the wide range of items it can bring you and potential. But the good items have a low odds.

Certain ranks do require certain item level. The highest requires il80. The gathering requires gathering stats, the high being like 370 I think.

Do items exist for weaver that are above ilvl.50? Im gonna get cracking on my weaver, I start holidays today and Ill have 2 solid weeks of crafting ahead of me if I do it right. Thanks for all the info you've given me, its been very useful. I need to flesh out my dragoon but I might take a break from that and only just use DRG for my daily roulettes.

Oh guess what? I got my Gae Bolg. I was about to throw my controller out the window during Titan HM. Seriously. It took us 5 tries before we actually we able to defeat it. thats a 50% echo bonus. It was depressing. I can say though, that I was never the first to go down. I know how to dodge all of his attacks, its just sometimes you get unlucky with the earth one that creates and AOE thats unescapable. Healers were incredibly competant, its just that I may have actually been too weak to challenge titan, as my hp was only 3100.

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you're asking if there are things for them to equip that are over item level 55? Yes, all of the class/job specific gear for them are il55 gear. And I think that there are new items that are even higher than that.

Congrats on the relic! Yeah, Titan HM is where you learn how rough the game can be. His mechanics are straightforward, but you need to be good at dodging or it is a wipe for the party. And yeah, 3.1k HP is pretty low for a Titan HM fight. The stomp alone would make it is rough on the healers to keep you alive in the post-heart phase. It is preferred to be a little higher around 3.3k to 3.5k minimum. But just remember Titan HM is easy compared to Titan EX and Binding Coil 1 and 2 (Turns 1-9). You have to bet Titan HM just to unlock Coil, a bit of a sign of the things to come.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I have heard mention of EX bosses... what are they and what do they drop? Im not sure how to unlock coil but I think im getting there. As far as story missions go, I am upto fighting the moogle king. I didnt realise how much more to the game there was once you finish the (what I now know as) the first part of the game. Titan HM was definitely tough but its as you guys always said, its not so bad once you know his moves. There is a slight issue sometimes though when I am clearly not in range of AOE yet I still get blasted by it (as I am runnnig away from it). Ill chalk that down to a very slight lag.

Ive been helping out my FC, giving them some cash here and there where I can so they can buy a house. I dont think ill stay with them, as I do plan to join you guys in the future, but they have been really helpful to me so I wanna give them something back while I can.

Funny thing here, my fc were all offline and I shouted for some help in Mhor Dona for guild heist (as part of my story) and this guy came upto me and started asking me how far I am into the game etc. Anyway, he asked me how much gold I had (only 100k) and then he just gave me 500k for nothing and went on his way. There are some very nice people in this game. Ill definitely be using this 500k to master my weaver as I've noticed my funds somehow seem to drain when Im leveling up WVR. When he gave me the 500k though, he mentioned something to me that i'll need to for fleshing out my DRG. What does gil to for any DoW class late game? This confused me a little as I've not really ever had to spend gil on advancing or really even purchasing armor for my DRG (made even more needless since myth is required for all end game items anyway)

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the game opens up a ton when you hit 50. It is in way, when the game truly begins. A significant amount of content sits behind that level 50 wall. The EX fights are even harder versions of the hard mode to put simply. They have new mechanics, stronger attacks, more HP and in general play very differently from the previous version while still having some similarities. They'll feel familiar, but you'll quickly see that's all it is familiar. They'll be totally new fights. Titan EX is still the stop gap for many people.

Coil unlocks after you complete all of the original Hard Mode Primals, Ifrit, Garuda and Titan. There is a quest that becomes available to unlock Coil at that point. Just do that and it is open for you to do.

It is surprising to see people just handing out gil. But he could be referring to getting crafted gear to tide you over until you get full myth/coil/soldiery gear. The more wealthy players will craft or buy the il70 gear and meld materia on to them. It will make them comparable to the myth gear. So some will do that until they have the myth to afford the rest. But yeah, gil will likely not be used to upgrade your jobs, but your crafting and gathering.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3