Thread: Looking to get into ff14, anyone on forums still play and would let me join them?

Looking to get into ff14, anyone on forums still play and would let me join them?

I've been hard into gw2 and swtor since both of their betas, but got burnt off both of them... Settings my sights towards ff14 as its the only other mmo i havn't played that has my attention.

How do you guys HONESTLY feel about the game? I know lotta people online will say something is good just because they know most people hate it, but I won't think any less of people who don't like a game, so how do you HONESTLY feel about this game? 9/10 people who played FF11 said it was for masochists, but I always get those that say it was the best game ever lol.

I heard ff14 was a disaster but they remade it and its better now? Though I'm sure there are also those who will say "nah man, you should have been here before the remake. before it was cool, THOSE were the days...It was indie like a few other MMOs I play, but you've prolly never heard of them"

But I want to give it a try, I play on my Gaming PC btw, do consoles and PC play together?

If anyone still plays and lets me join them I can buy the game and make my char tonight. excited and hoping its fun!
    hey

The Quiet One Looking to get into ff14, anyone on forums still play and would let me join them? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, FFXI was for people that didn't mind putting tons of hours into a game for small rewards. You got the sense of achievement from it, but only because it took you months or years to get it. FFXI had it fun parts, but I can't play it anymore because I have other things like work, life, whatnot.

Anyway, FFXIV is very much different from FFXI. It's definitely going to be a more mainstream MMO, some would probably call it safe in way. My MMOs I've played were Ragnarok Online and FFXI and Ultima. So not a lot, but FFXIV was very refreshing for me, especially coming off FFXI. You can accomplish things in FFXIV in a reasonable time. I can play an hour and still feel like I'm making progress. I don't need hours.

It is also plays up a lot to the fans of Final Fantasy. If I had to name it something else, it'd be Final Fantasy: Fanservice the Game. Because in a way that is what it is doing. They are doing everything to bring things that people love about the franchise. Golden Saucer is coming, Magitek armor are in the game, FFXII Judges are in the game, Diabolos from FFVIII is here, classic summons and monsters are. Everything that you can think of that is iconic about the franchise was put into the game. So if you love the franchise that alone can be reason enough to play it. Not to mention it has a really good story and it is a very story focus game making you and your character feel like you're the hero and not just some side character that other people are taking care of business.

I've been playing since the relaunch and I'm still having a blast with the game. I love of all of the jobs I've tried. They all play in very distinctive ways. So it's not just swaps. Plus I really like that they turned the gathering and crafting skills into full classes that you level and earn skills for themselves.

The PC, PS4 and PS3 players all play on the same servers. So you don't have to worry about that. We have an active guild, Free Company on Ultros for the forums. You can find me, Loco and plenty of the others around here on there. I'm a regular on at least a little bit everyday, like I said. So if you decide to try it out, shot me a message on the forums when you get in. I can invite over to the group. We're all friendly and help each other out.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner