Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE XIV Summary

The Quiet One Letter from the Producer LIVE XIV Summary Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Letter from the Producer LIVE XIV Summary

Early Saturday morning the latest LIVE Letter hit with plenty of information about the upcoming patch 2.28 and patch 2.3, featuring both almost equally. Starting with patch 2.28 details, due to a power outage, the patch will be delayed until next week, which was originally planned for the 28th of the month.

The rundown on Patch 2.28 additions go as follows:

• Novus Weapons will hit and be the start of allowing you to customize your weapon's stat. It'll also have a more gold glow this time.
    • Jumping with minions is being modified.
    • New challenges are being added to the log.
    • An exploration log is being added, sounded like rewarding you for visiting other locations in the game or perhaps the off hand mention of jump puzzles.
    • Expert delivery interface updates for sorting and filtering.
    • PvP adjustments in the Wolves' Den.
    • Thornmatch EX and The Whorleater EX are being added to the DF.
    • Companions will be receiving the echo buff as well now, likely for Summoners and Scholars.
    • Filtering options in the crafting menus.
    • The gathering log will display the map (uncertain what this fully means).
    • Durability of gear can now being increased to 199% when done by crafters (another reason for crafters to be around).
    • The party list will auto-sort in duties now.
    • Expert and High level DFRs can be ran as a party.
    • Commendations adjustments (likely related to the DFR party update).
    • Previewing equipment added.
    • PF adjustments (not certain what this is about).
    • FATE progression will display on the map now.
    • Teleport to aetheryte locations when clicking on the map.
    • A command to clear the tell log.
    • List of text commands available.
    • Dismounting can be done with L1+R1 held.
    • Titles will display on character plates.
    • Cutscene skip for previously viewed cutscenes.

Now to a list of the first half of the patch 2.3 features. This is just part one of the two part 2.3 focused LIVE Letter, the LIVE Letters in June will be the second half and have even more features to show off. The title of Patch 2.3 is Defenders of Eorzea.

• Ramuh HM/EX
    • Hullbreaker Isle (New Dungeon), quoted as being harder than previous dungeons.
    • Tam-Tara Deepcroft HM
    • Stone Vigil HM
    • Item Desynthesis (unlocks at lv30 and will have significantly more work to do than just a click and done actions, sounded like maybe using the crafting system, but in reverse).
    • Daily Hunts (sounded like these were going to be challenging, but some would be soloable by il90 and some would be daily and others weekly) (Also will drop Alexandrite, needed for Novus weapons).
    • Frontlines (new PvP).
    • The next stage of Crystal Tower (which will also drop Second Coil weathered upgraded items).
    • More main story quests.
    • More Hildibrand quests.
    • Chocobo Raising.
    • Private Rooms.

Other things discussed were the Fantasia potions will be available for $10, but when bought one goes to every single character you have. And the amount you buy can be selected up to 9 per character. Another free potion will go out to everyone.

The wedding gear was shown off. AF gear will be dyable now. There are going to be new animations/poses for sitting and standing, so if you wanted to do a Seiza, traditional formal Japanese seated position, you will be able to soon. They showed off a two seater chocobo and more chocobo gear. And lots of glasses to make you look really cool depending on your taste.

Now the Q&A session. There will be more locations to gain myth and increases to myth gained to help out Animus farming. Novus weapons will ilv110. Ramuh rewards will be il100, but will have accessory drops with a rare weapon drop, the opposite of Levi. Desynthesis will work on a lot of things, but not all things, apparently fish can be desynthed (not sure I want to know how that works). BLM buffs will be in 2.3 and focus mostly on increasing their single target damage. Other jobs may also receive buffs. Chocobo skill point reallocation will be coming in 2.3. Daily hunts will reward Company Marks a currency to buy unique items and gear. A familiar Kraken apparently will be making an appearance in the new dungeon, rumor is Ultros, but nothing confirmed yet. Desynthesis will not give 100% all of material used to make it, but does have a chance for a rare item reward. Night wear gear will be coming in 2.3. A HP% on enemies might be in the works.

Source: Final Fantasy XIV Major Update “Defenders of Eorzea” Announced – First Screenshots of Ramuh and More | DualShockers ; Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XIV Q&A Updates
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Here is a Google Docs link of the translated Live Letter with some screenshots as well. Looks like it's going to be meeting the standards of every major patch and giving us quite a bit of stuff to do, should be fun!

I'm a bit upset that my friend and I (Both being female characters) won't be able to see the character marriage benefits. I'm not going to try to spark a big debate over it.. I was even willing to buy two fantasia potions just to work around the system but it seems that's not even an option. Seems like they just want to lock some people out of content for silly reasons. :c

Blog Entries
    Yeah the marriage thing has created quite the debate on the official forums. I want to get the wedding dress as well and check out the marriage. What I'm considering if I can't find someone with a male avatar that just wants to do it for the experience and knows it's not for real or anything. Is find someone willing with a female avatar and we just make two alt male avatars and have two marriages. >.> I don't care one way or another, I just want that dress more than anything.

As Aria mentioned last night when you weren't around, I'm eying you Loco for my alternative plan. Figure you'd be game for a little antics. But yeah, those with male avatars on Ultros I'm in search for a man. ;p

The Old Skool Warrior Letter from the Producer LIVE XIV Summary LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BAHAHAHA it's funny though, because I also want a wedding dress to toss in storage, or probably to vanity into on Scholar... SO YOU KNOW. That's a thing.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Storage, who puts their wedding dress into storage in a MMO. ;p I wearing that thing around town. Things gloriously big and flowing and awesome. I did the same thing in FFXI, though the wedding dress there was significantly more subdued. Still I'm wearing that, I earn it I'm wearing it. So push comes to shove sounds like we've got a date Loco! Don't worry, I'm fine with an open relationship. ;p

Blog Entries
    So Loco, it's a thing now. We're doing this if you're still up for the fun. No need for alts, we can get our two main married for that glorious wedding dress we both want badly. Now we just need to set up a date after 2.4. ;p I'll record the whole thing for the forums. ^^ Marriage of the two Admins. Should be hilarious.

As of yesterday's E3 live letter, the marriage ceremony has been changed to a "bonding" ceremony (They used both the words love OR friendship) in order to justify unrestricting it, which led to some fantastic RP that night in fact! My whole FC is basically celebrating, I'm happy I watched the live letter and got the news first-hand.

Here is the video, the link should skip to the subject.
    Last edited by existingdark; 06-11-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yep, that's why Loco and I can have our fun now. It's a very practical arrangement, but I think it'd be amusing. Need to reply Loco so I know if actually are game for it. ^^ Since otherwise I'll be on the hunt for another person for the thing.

Glad people are having fun with it and being entertained. I imagine it opens things up a lot for RPers to have fun.

The Old Skool Warrior Letter from the Producer LIVE XIV Summary LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I'm down for a farce. I just want that damn dress.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like we're on the same page. ^^ I just want the dress as well. We can play the things up for laughs and entertainment just make things amusing.