Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary

The Quiet One Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary

The LIVE letter just ended with it largely being a Q&A sessions rather than talking about 2.4 or even 3.0. They did still go over a number of the new things to expect in 2.4 in the process of the questions. Here is a run down of the things talked about.

• New Gilgamesh (Greg) battle confirmed for 2.5
    • Ultros and Typhon battle previewed
    • Hildibrand's mother may make an appearance
    • Hildibrand's quest is planned out to 2.5, fan reactions will prove if he counts to 3.0
    • Tomestone of Poetics is the new Tomestone
    • Poetics gear sounds like it will function like Soldier, where it can be upgraded with pieces from Final Coil
    • There will be 4 turns for Final Coil
    • Turn 3 and 4 bosses are big spoilers, so they ask you just play them and not read about the fights
    • The option of helping friends through Coil after completing it is being added in the future
    • Turn 1 they said should be completable from existing gear in game now, but Turn 2 would be hard to do
    • Wards are confirmed to be doubling with plots 31-60 being added to all wards
    • There is going to be adjustments made to crafting and gathering gear to help new players into the end game
    • There will be more higher level crafting gear
    • Ninja will need 15 Pugilist to unlock and cross classes with Lancer as well
    • Yugiri will be revealed in 2.5, confirmed that she is the new playable race
    • Eternal Bond system is coming in 2.45
    • The ceremony will be done with reservations so there is a limit per day on how many can happen
    • The initial gear for the wedding will be available in 2.4, but sounds like there will be more options come 2.45
    • Atma drop rate will more than double in 2.4
    • Leviathan mirror drop will be increasing
    • Mount drop rate from Primals will be increasing
    • Second Coil will be getting the same treatment as First Coil in 2.4
    • There will be adjustments made to some of the mechanics in Second Coil to make them more forgiving
    • Echo buff will be on a monitoring and community progression basis
    • Chocobo Racing shown off
    • Chocobo breeding confirmed
    • 2.5 part 2 will have the Gold Saucer and all the games and mini-games
    • An optional store will open up for 2.4 to allow people to buy past event items and other special items, it's only going to be vanity things

The full LIVE letter was done in English through translators, so if you go to Twitch and look at past streams, you should be able to view it full once the stream is over.
    Attached Images Attached Images Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary-ffxivarrlogo01-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary Rowan's Avatar
    What is the actual atma drop rate? Because doubling it sounds good, but going from 1% to 2% is still pretty crap.

The Quiet One Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A value greater than 0%. They've never said what the drop rate for it and I don't think that anyone has actually tried the stats for it. But a good guess is probably 1-5%.

Boxer of the Galaxy Letter from the Producer LIVE from Las Vegas Fan Festival Summary Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    A value greater than 0%. They've never said what the drop rate for it and I don't think that anyone has actually tried the stats for it. But a good guess is probably 1-5%.
    When i saw what nexus looked like, it made me want to farm atma. But yeah, I will totally farm atma if they raise level cap to 60, because then all the exp wont be going to waste.

Blog Entries
    It took me 20 hours I want to say all told to finish my Black Mage Atma. So if it is doubled, should only take 10 hours, but that is naturally really variable. It took me like 8 hours for one Atma and on average like 30 minutes for any of the others. More than likely, it will be pretty quick now, relatively speaking. I'll probably try for my White Mage after 2.4.