Thread: Im gonns start ARR.. but...

Boxer of the Galaxy Im gonns start ARR.. but... Rowan's Avatar

Im gonns start ARR.. but...

the 2 month card I got is missing a number for activation. A single number was scratched off with that grey crap thats used to conceal the numbers. I cant figure it out and I eventually got locked from trying to attach the code to my account. So I am waiting for chat service right now to fix the problem. But im excited to get started! will be my first online FF exeperience.

Damn Rowan, that excited to play FFXIV you ruined the time card.

I had more fun playing FFXI than FFXIV for some reason. I don't know why. XIV is still good though.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

haha. Also, whats the deal with the resolution? Cant I play this in 1080p?

The Quiet One Im gonns start ARR.. but... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can on the PC, I don't know about the PS3. Most PS3 game don't really run in 1080p, they end up getting upscaled for it.

I broke down and got the game too. So I'll be seeing you in Eorzea soon.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

This is why PC > Console.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

.. I do have it on pc... Theres no option for 1080p.
    Now im getting another error, after my hour long character creation. Says "Your current service account does not allow for the creation of anymore characters in this world."

what?

Blog Entries
    PS4 will probably run at 1080p and they're saying the PS4 version of the game is going to be coming out soon than we think.

Though I don't think it is always fair to say PC is in general better than a console. It depends on the consumer. Consoles offer a guarantee you buy the game it will work. PC is not the same case with all of the compatibly you have to worry about and mountains of different hardware. It is harder to ensure stability on the PC platform than on the console platform. The consumer also needs to be a little tech savvy or else they'll make a lot of rookie PC mistakes, the console is a safe bet for people. Reliability often trumps superior output.

You set your resolution to 1900x1080. You're probably selecting the character create rather than the character select.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    PS4 will probably run at 1080p and they're saying the PS4 version of the game is going to be coming out soon than we think.

Though I don't think it is always fair to say PC is in general better than a console. It depends on the consumer. Consoles offer a guarantee you buy the game it will work. PC is not the same case with all of the compatibly you have to worry about and mountains of different hardware. It is harder to ensure stability on the PC platform than on the console platform. The consumer also needs to be a little tech savvy or else they'll make a lot of rookie PC mistakes, the console is a safe bet for people. Reliability often trumps superior output.

You set your resolution to 1900x1080. You're probably selecting the character create rather than the character select.
    Well that should make sense since im creating my character, right? Theres no other option other than to quit... then I lose all my character creation progress. Damn.. I just sat waiting for online chat for 2 hours, and as i went from 320, to 3 in que, it shutdown and said they closed.

are you kidding me?

EDIT: closing the program and reopening solved that problem. Now I have to wait to join my world because its full. Remind me why its so amazing to play online?
    Resolved the 1080p issue and it looks beautiful. Im playing as a human (the default), female archer. So far ive noticed navigating to be quite tricky, as opening maps displays the location of the objective, but does not tell you how to get there. I learned that you need to visit new areas for them to become visable locations on your own map, but still, navigating is tricky. I also found my first killing quest to be difficult. Not because the enemies are hard to kill, but because I couldnt bloody get any kills, the map was full of people farming and killing and I couldnt kill any of my own. What the hell?
    Last edited by Rowan; 08-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Welcome to the beginning of a new MMO Rowan. Good luck and god speed. MMOs are different genre, to some it can be a way more hardcore game. To others like myself and che it's just another game were used to playing and doing such things.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Welcome to the beginning of a new MMO Rowan. Good luck and god speed. MMOs are different genre, to some it can be a way more hardcore game. To others like myself and che it's just another game were used to playing and doing such things.
    Yeah, I'm starting to realize this now. Here I go!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, right now the NA/EU in generally are going to heavily over-populated comparatively. So you're going to be see a lot of people and the low level area are likely to be very full of people. The only real upside is that the respawn times one monsters are pretty low, at least compared to FFXI. However, you can fight monsters people are already fighting and still get some exp. I sort of assume there is an unspoken rule of etiquette of not doing that too much unless someone is in danger.

"Tiger Hair" Im gonns start ARR.. but... HeroZero's Avatar
    Seems as though today logging in to a world is working much smoother. Anyone else having a similar experience?
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Yeah, right now the NA/EU in generally are going to heavily over-populated comparatively. So you're going to be see a lot of people and the low level area are likely to be very full of people. The only real upside is that the respawn times one monsters are pretty low, at least compared to FFXI. However, you can fight monsters people are already fighting and still get some exp. I sort of assume there is an unspoken rule of etiquette of not doing that too much unless someone is in danger.
    Actually, I've been trying that and I still get 0EXP, which is why its been so difficult.

Andro is talking about the Hunts I think. If someone has a MOB for the Hunts tagged and you attack it you will get credit.

in order to get XP from a mob someone has tagged already it would have to be a mob for the FATE you are currently in. If the FATE requires you to kill 50 of said mob. Then if you tag it when someone else has already tagged it you'll get XP.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-28-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Andro is talking about the Hunts I think. If someone has a MOB for the Hunts tagged and you attack it you will get credit.

in order to get XP from a mob someone has tagged already it would have to be a mob for the FATE you are currently in. If the FATE requires you to kill 50 of said mob. Then if you tag it when someone else has already tagged it you'll get XP.
    Yeah, Im learning about this stuff now. I participated in a few fates, seems the more damage you inflict the higher your reward, which is pretty reasonable. Im also finding the spawn rates of enemies much better.

Blog Entries
    It could be that they are just low level monsters or the percentage you did wasn't enough to get exp. I'm not sure. I was pretty sure I remember getting exp off shared killed, not in any sort of event/FATE thing. I could be mistaken, I didn't focus too hard on it during the beta. Glad things are going smoother for you today.

It could be that they are just low level monsters or the percentage you did wasn't enough to get exp. I'm not sure. I was pretty sure I remember getting exp off shared killed, not in any sort of event/FATE thing. I could be mistaken, I didn't focus too hard on it during the beta. Glad things are going smoother for you today.
    Yeah, I think the best thing for me to do was to focus on the main quests and just keep playing and getting use to the layout and mechanics. Im currently lvl.9 and resting in an INN which will grant me an exp bonus based on the amount of time I spend in there (I think...). I have a mini black chocobo that follows me around but doesnt do anything, is it just there for cuteness?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the rest exp I don't really follow too well. I have to read over the tutorial explanation of it again. But the main quest and side quests are simple and fast exp that you can earn for sure. If you can complete the hunting logs as well. You should be able to get up to Rank 2 and clear half or so of Rank 2 solo. If it is like the one I had to do, there are a few logs on Rank 2 that require going into dungeons to earn.

I'm still trying to get into the server tonight. No luck for me, fortunately, I have other things I can do.

Yeah, the rest exp I don't really follow too well. I have to read over the tutorial explanation of it again. But the main quest and side quests are simple and fast exp that you can earn for sure. If you can complete the hunting logs as well. You should be able to get up to Rank 2 and clear half or so of Rank 2 solo. If it is like the one I had to do, there are a few logs on Rank 2 that require going into dungeons to earn.

I'm still trying to get into the server tonight. No luck for me, fortunately, I have other things I can do.
    Can ff14 be completed solo? Or is there a point in the game where its necessary to form a party?

Blog Entries
    As I understand it, it is possible to hit level cap on quests alone. So in that since you can solo the game, but end game content can't be, dungeons can't be and there are going to be other tough fights you'll need a party for. Plus, when you're in a party each class/job provides a stat bonus to everyone in the party based on their class. So THM will give an increase to INT while Marauders are STR or VIT. So there are benefits to it aside from just achieving things you're unable to do alone.

I'm finally in game as well now. If you want to add me to your friend list or vice versa, I can do it.

Mystyrion
    I'm half tempted to pick this up just because of the chatter I see surrounding it.

Really don't want to get back into monthly subs though.

Blog Entries
    Fortunately, the game comes with a 30 day free subscription and you don't need to put in a credit card for it either. Though it is an MMO. So it might be dangerous as you could sucked in to and do want you want avoid, monthly payments.

Mystyrion

Im gonns start ARR.. but...

I actually owned the game prior to ARR so not much point in rebuying the game. I don't think I could get back into an MMO

Blog Entries
    Ah, it is a fair judgment. They can be quite the life suckers. I'm just enjoyed XI and this game too much to ignore them. There'll probably be quite a few TFFers running around the game for a while if you ever feeling like returning.

What... am I doing with my life?

Game over man, GAME OVER!

See Rowan? I don't mind spending my time on MMOs but it has to be something worth it imo. Maybe later when the noobs and experimenters are done and wait 3-5 months to see how many people truly play.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    The free 30 days gives you time to decide. If you enjoy the game and manage your time well. There is nothing wrong with it. The only problem comes when you do nothing but it. And that is something you'll have to figure out.

Maybe over the weekend we'll both be on and I can send you a friend request. Though I don't think I know what your character name is.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Im gonns start ARR.. but... noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've already mapped all of Thanalan! ^_^

And I'm only at level 14

I wish LS could go cross world, since its just a social thing anyway. Would so cool to chat with you all since I can't move my character yet. I hope they make world changes for Legacy players allowable sooner rather than later.