Thread: New Expansion (2013)

Rune Knight New Expansion (2013) Trodorne's Avatar

News Post New Expansion (2013)

So if no one has heard yet. that Enix is going to release the new expansion for FF XI. big news right? not really. but after so much fighting over the forums for many years for certain job classes to get put in. they are finally releasing the following Job classes:

Geomancer
    Rune Fencer (would prefer: Rune Knight)

which to me has been funny back in the day when i played the game during Rise of Zilart, and heard there was works of CoP being done. I put in the developers forum saying there should be Mystic Knight (FF5), or Rune Knight (FF6).

frankly I think its dissapointing they are bringing this out years after my twin brother and I quit that game. He wanted Geomancer. so now we are contimplating on if we want to go back in December. Anyone else going to pick up this expansion?

The Quiet One New Expansion (2013) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: New Expansion (2013)

It's a tempting thought. When I saw the trailer and announcement it did make me consider going back, been away for years. Besides the new jobs there is the fact that you can go up to level 99 now as well. So there is a lot of things to think about.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Rune Knight New Expansion (2013) Trodorne's Avatar

I was thinking that too. and I also heard they have made it easier to solo now in the game. which i wish they did back long ago.

Magically Delicous New Expansion (2013) Merlin's Avatar

After getting burned by FFXIV I'm pretty much anti-MMO nowadays. I used to love playing FFXI but now I'd rather spend that time doing other things than LFP for hours on end. It just isn't worth it to me anymore.

edit: Wow that trailer is horribad. The voice actor is terrible. I'm not sure what new lands they are talking about because it looks like they were showing some character running around Valkurm Dunes.

TFF's Token Imp New Expansion (2013) Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought XI was pretty much dead? I mean it's been out nigh on a decade, XIV's out.. I thought it was winding down. Guess I was wrong.. Rune Knight >> Rune Fencer agreed.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

The Quiet One New Expansion (2013) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the narrative is awful. They would have been better off just doing text only if the voice was going to be that bad. I bet it was one of the producers or something doing it.

Anyway, FFXI I think actually has a stronger base than FFXIV currently, due to the fact that XIV is still in the process of getting 2.0 out. Once 2.0 hits I would imagine the base will start changing. But FFXI is still going quite strong with a very devoted fan base and a strong community that really love the game. But I imagine that even after XIV is actually ready for real, XI will probably still keep going strong.

The main reason I don't play XI anymore is that I prefer to play several games a year rather than just one.

And depending on when you left, yeah soloing is more of a reality. It is not as efficient as partying, but you can still do it. The Wings of the Goddess expansion introduced new zones that have constant battles happening that anyone can jump into party or alone. There is no ownership of monsters, everyone fights everything. So it is a little chaotic, but depending on the numbers it can be pretty one sided either way. However, you get awarded exp at the end of the "battle" based on your effort. So even a WHM can just go around heal and earn points and at the end get exp. It is pretty of fun to do (even cities get invaded), though not as fun if you're soloing. It is a multiplayer game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Leveling has been a joke ever since the introduction of Abyssea.

In an alliance, you can get 200-300k exp/hr. Soloing is also pretty easy now, but you could just go join up someone doing Grounds of Valor if you don't want to solo.

On the expansion, the new jobs are the only cool things. The trailer was terrible, and if you've seen the new areas, they don't look very good. I'm also extremely disappointed that this isn't the Far East, as I've been hoping for that for years.

I haven't played for a few months now, and when I do go back, I'm thinking of just finishing the story and being done with the game after that. Might pop back in around the time of this expansion, though.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 07-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Ultimoore

Hi all, I am Trodorne's twin brother. I just found his topic well like he said I love Geomancer. It has been my fave class since FFV. Anyways I really want to play this again even though him and I stopped playing back in 05. I can't wait for him and I to party together with our NPC's and just have a stupid good time. but like him I don't want to play on the pure fact that Geomancer is finally being put in.....ok maybe alittle. First things first they better at least make the job somewhat like tactics and allow the job to atleast use swords or a axe.

I would still play FFXI if I had the funds to play monthly....(as I'm currently logged in a Pay 2 Play, but I didn't pay for this month )

Once FFXIV comes out for the PS3 I might just stick to it then.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games