Thread: This is how the world comes to an end

The Quiet One This is how the world comes to an end Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post This is how the world comes to an end

For all of those unable to witness the end of the original FFXIV Square Enix has put up a video of the ending cinematic that everyone in game saw. So you can all witness the epic end of the world. It is pretty spectacular ending as you would expect from Square Enix. So enjoy and look forward to A Realm Reborn.

Attached Images Attached Images This is how the world comes to an end-ffxiv-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Consistently Average This is how the world comes to an end Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My computer crapped out after 2 and a half minutes (it was asking if i wanted to 'kill' the page) but damn that looks amazing! I'm definitely going to watch it again later and maybe with sound this time.

So is this the end of an expansion or literally the end of FFXIV? I read that A Realm Reborn is going to be a reboot, as the name suggests, but as I admittedly know very little about MMORPG's it went a little over my head. Has anyone here watched this in the game?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    As I understand it, too many people logged in for the end that there were a lot of server troubles. I guess Square didn't count on everyone without a subscription coming back. Even though they invited everyone back that had ever played the game.

But this is the end of the original version of the game. The original game was greatly flawed on many levels and has been in the process of being fixed. The new version of the game originally titled Version 2.0 and now "A Realm Reborn" is a complete overhaul of the game from the ground up. A lot of pieces will still be there, but a lot is also changing or being added. Some of what they planned was already available as they made updates to the game as they approached Nov 11th.

So what this means is that the old is over and the new version of the game will becoming to replace it. All characters from the older version are transferred over and all new players join the new version. FFXIV will continue, but they are now in the process of switching everything over and getting things setup for the new version. They haven't announced a specific date on when "A Realm Reborn" can be played. But there is going to be more alpha and beta testing coming along with the PS3 beta testing (also unknown on date, but soon).

Mystyrion
    I already signed up for the Alpha

My friend tells me it's going to just be FFXI 2.0 which is good.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    So you have high hopes for this one Mysterion?
    I wonder how many previous players of XIV Square would have won back with the promise that they've improved the game. I'd love to be a part of it but sadly I lake the appropriate console or decent internet to play it on.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Blog Entries
    Considering that they are introducing classic Final Fantasy names, it is going to be pretty easy to think that. Not a bad thing to have something more familiar. Though I think there is a lot in the game that is different from FFXI from my understanding. It is supposed to be more solo friendly than FFXI was or is (which is more solo friendly than it originally was at launch). Still I am having to resist really hard right now not to pick up the game when it comes out. I have a PC that's more than capable of playing it. It is a terrible temptation. I suspect I'll end up succumbing to it eventually and play it.

EDIT: Actually it is not just a promise. They have been making changes already before the full re-launch of the game. So people already can see that they are making improvements on the game and know first hand from that how they feel about the new direction.

I think that's one of their best FMV they've ever done, and a great way to end FFXIV.

I'm also trying really hard to resist. I might end up picking it up, but not at launch. Still, I do want to play it.

Blog Entries
    I'm sort of hoping I can get into the PS3 beta, so that I can play it that way. Though that'll probably be a trap and I'll end up having to play it because I won't want to stop. I'm sort of tied to my best friend on this. If they go down, they're dragging me with them and they are resisting as hard as me to not play. Likely we'll both ended up giving in.

Blog Entries
    I realize "Promise" was the wrong word, I didn't notice until after I posted it.
    When I get a ps3 in the new year i'll definitely consider getting this, if a little further down the line when the price comes down a bit. $100+ for a game is still a bit much for my liking.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Blog Entries
    $100+ for a game? I'm afraid I don't follow, unless you're including a subscription or other fees.

Blog Entries
    Oh sorry that's in New Zealand dollars, I couldn't think of the conversion into US. It's however much a brand new game costs, I suppose.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Blog Entries
    I checked with a conversion calculator, yeah if you pay 100 over there it is like ~80 for us. We pay 60 for most games which turns out to being ~73. Which is still quite of bit of a difference between the between. So yeah I can understand how that would be difficult to justify. I wouldn't like the idea of paying 80 for a game.

Mystyrion

This is how the world comes to an end

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    So you have high hopes for this one Mysterion?
    You know I didn't exactly go into the original with high hopes but it came out better than I anticipated.

So yeah, I'm going into this one with a little higher bar set. I didn't have that many issues with the original, just a few things here and there that bothered me.