Thread: FFXIV PC Beta Website Open

The Quiet One FFXIV PC Beta Website Open Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV PC Beta Website Open

Hey all! For those that are not getting the newsletter they have announced that you can sign up for the PC Beta right now. The PS3 Beta sign ups are taking place later. They also said that the size of the Beta for the PC will gradually increase. So they'll be bringing more people in, which means that if you don't make it the first time you still have a chance.

Here is the link

SQUARE ENIX

I'm still deciding if I want to give the PC beta a shot or just wait for the PS3 beta. Since I think one would exclude me from the other. Though the PC beta would be more fun since it'd be an earlier version and well I've tested games before and its a lot more fun to watch them from the early stages than a near completed product that the PS3 probably is going to be.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Che
    Signed up for it this morning.

Hopefully I get in!

Blog Entries
    You'll have to let us know what happens and if you get in give us the inside scoop. The thing that worries me is specs. I don't know if my laptop can handle it. Wish they had a benchmark to let you know if it would work like they have for the FFXI PC version. There's not even specs listed on the FAQ.

Che
    Yep, I wish they had a benchmark too. They never said anything about it, they just asked what my hardware was.

The Old Skool Warrior FFXIV PC Beta Website Open LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My laptop won't run it, so I'm just loitering for the PS3 beta.

I threw my name in the mix anyway, so if I do get in, I can get it installed on someone else's system... perhaps.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Does the beta sign up allow you to just wait for the PS3 beta? Because it sounded as though there were two different sign ups and the signing up for the PC beta would not get you in the PS3 beta. It seemed like they would be another call for sign ups for the PS3 when the time came. But I also don't know what you mean when you're saying you're loitering if you're signing up with the expectation that it will transfer you over for PS3 or something.

The Old Skool Warrior FFXIV PC Beta Website Open LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, I'm saying that if they put me in the PC beta, I'll probably install it on Rebecca's computer. She's interested in the game as well, so it works both ways.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Anyone else find it odd that they expect everybody to have a Fan Base site? They didn't even give me an option to say No I don't have a fan site.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that does seem a little strange. Though it sounds more like someone on their end didn't do another testing/proofing/editing of their form to catch things like that. I would figure its more likely a mistake rather than they are assuming that makes fan sites because FF is so awesome. ^^ Hopefully, someone will note that out to them fix things. But hey we can all just put down TFF. ^^

Re: FFXIV PC Beta Website Open

I apped, since they force you to have a final fantasy website I chose the offline FF title and put in TFF's URL.

I expect to be sued. xD

Seriously though, I enjoy betas, they generally let me know if I want to play the game or not. If I'd had the money and Icecrown Citadel wasn't only a few months away (currently here) I'd have bought Aion after playing the beta.

I'm rather excited about this title, so long as they make it a bit more user friendly, intuitive, and less emphasis on forced grouping.

The worst part about FFXI was the amount of time I had to spend on 3rd party websites reading about the game. Crafting recipes, etc.

Well you normally go to 3rd party websites when in need of info in other final fantasies. They made XI feel like the old ones. Don't know why you say more friendly, everyone is FFXI is more friendly then any user base I've met in any MMO. The forced grouping was to make it feel like you were still playing Final Fantasy and not just another MMO. But people hated it lol so they now adding more solo. I'm still for the partying, but soloing is nice when you can't find a party *cough* NO EXPANSIONS *cough*
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Well you normally go to 3rd party websites when in need of info in other final fantasies. They made XI feel like the old ones. Don't know why you say more friendly, everyone is FFXI is more friendly then any user base I've met in any MMO. The forced grouping was to make it feel like you were still playing Final Fantasy and not just another MMO. But people hated it lol so they now adding more solo. I'm still for the partying, but soloing is nice when you can't find a party *cough* NO EXPANSIONS *cough*
    I'm not saying the user base wasn't friendly, the game it's self was not user-friendly. As in, things were not self explanatory, how to craft, etc.

I'm all for grouping, but there's times where I'd rather just do things on my own.

I really REALLY hope they add more customization to the UI. That's a big thing to me.

Pedobear approves FFXIV PC Beta Website Open Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar

I already signed this in about a month ago now just to wait
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

@Sean, I know what you mean but I only looked for crafting recipes online for quick ways to get my crafting up. Before that I was crafting what the guild members were giving me when I would talked to them.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Monster Addict FFXIV PC Beta Website Open DeathWolfXX's Avatar

I signed up, and no e-mail yet but I know my PC will be able to run it. I don't own a PS3 so if I don't get to beta test, I probably won't deal with FFXIV at all. It looks good, just doesn't seem to be worth paying loads of money like I did for FFXI online just to get stuck in the hole as far as gil was concerned, and not getting any sort of good party to save my ass... It would be nice to test but I'm not holding my breath.
    You know you're high up in the world when you own an Organisation XIII cloak.

I want to play a game. FFXIV PC Beta Website Open Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that they expect everybody to have a Fan Base site? They didn't even give me an option to say No I don't have a fan site.
    Yes and I hope they don't expect much of my imaginary fan base site either...

I just signed up for it less than a minute from making this post; I know I've should have done so as soon as it was possible but I've held off for some time. Well here's hoping that the digital aroma I put on my application sways their minds.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Monster Addict FFXIV PC Beta Website Open DeathWolfXX's Avatar

lol I mentioned this site but I wrote "I am a member, but not a creator, of thefinalfantasy.net/forums" lol
    You know you're high up in the world when you own an Organisation XIII cloak.

I iZ CoOl =] FFXIV PC Beta Website Open TLO's Avatar

You'll have to let us know what happens and if you get in give us the inside scoop. The thing that worries me is specs. I don't know if my laptop can handle it. Wish they had a benchmark to let you know if it would work like they have for the FFXI PC version. There's not even specs listed on the FAQ.
    I believe they said they would be allowing people with all sorts of computers and specs to represent a wide range of users throughout. As for your computer handling it, I don't see why not. Most new computers (anything in the last what 2-3 years is still pretty new) can handle most games. As long as you have some memory left and your RAM isn't total crud, you should be good =)

AveMaria

I'm still deciding if I want to give the PC beta a shot or just wait for the PS3 beta. Since I think one would exclude me from the other. Though the PC beta would be more fun since it'd be an earlier version and well I've tested games before and its a lot more fun to watch them from the early stages than a near completed product that the PS3 probably is going to be.
    playing FF14 at PS3 would be so much fun but i much excited to play thats why i made a pre-order before the game launch. Now I'm lvl20.. yepeeeee!