Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FF14 iz da sux0rz

Blog Entries

FF14 iz da sux0rz

FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

"While more than two months have passed since the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV service, we deeply regret that the game has yet to achieve the level of enjoyability that FINAL FANTASY fans have come to expect from the franchise, and for this we offer our sincerest of apologies."

So even SE realizes that their game sucks. Delays for the PS3 version and the game is currently free to play (and probably will be indefinitely, at this rate.)

Discuss.
    Last edited by Rocky; 12-10-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. FF14 iz da sux0rz Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: FF14 iz da sux0rz

Well I read that last month was the last free month but apparently Wada decided that the game was still bad enough that players shouldn't pay. SE should never had released the game in such a state. MMO's are not perfect - and never are - when released but with FFXIV it seemed like the staff regressed taking what was wrong with FFXI and making it somehow worse. What makes it more bad is that they have 7/8 years of MMO experience with FFXI.

How could they rationalize releasing a game with the "problems" it had. It's better to delay and release a good/great game then rush the release with of poor quality. Extending the free-trial to two more months shows their guilt which they should have just shut down servers, worked on game a lot, then re-release. Now, they have to overcome all negative press & WoW: Cataclysm; WoW because it is such a huge chunk of the MMO scene and Cataclysm is like a new game. Though the game will probably survive because of the fan-base - undeservedly.

I was initially going to buy this game for the PS3 but then the game came out and I saw the reaction which had me thinking that I'll pass on the game. SE has worked on fixing the game since release and with their big November and December patches I thought maybe they would be able to right the ship by the PS3 version's release. Now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't ever buy the game, even if they fix the game, as a message to SE saying that I will not support a game that was so horrendous.

Got to go to workz. Byez.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I was actually going to give this one a shot...and only because Nobuo is boss with the music.

I think I'm just not going to buy final fantasy ever again like I said I wouldn't -_-;
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-11-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User FF14 iz da sux0rz

Wow. That's quite some announcement. I feel bad for the ones that lost their jobs/got demoted because of all this, but I suppose that's just what has to happen. Hopefully, the new guys that have been put in charge can get this all worked out so the game can be enjoyable for those that are playing it now, and also can be released soon for those waiting on the game for the PS3.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User FF14 iz da sux0rz Zidane77's Avatar

Yeah i agree, kinda sad but hopefully it wont effect the company and they will get better staff then, cause releasing this game was obviously stupid.

Certified tech, come at me! FF14 iz da sux0rz SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, thats pretty bad when the company admits their game isn't good. Its nice to know people can play this game for free at a much longer time at least. This announcement brings new meaning to the word, FAIL!

Stuff like this is why I stick to GOOD companies like Nihon Falcom, Capcom, etc.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    Stuff like this is why I stick to GOOD companies like Nihon Falcom, Capcom, etc.
    >implying that SE isn't a good company on an FF forum, and saying that Capcom is after their release of RE5...

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    >implying that SE isn't a good company on an FF forum, and saying that Capcom is after their release of RE5...

I'm not the only one who badmouths square. But i guess they aren't THAT bad, they did make plenty of decent titles. Capcom is the same with their titles too. At least i'm not saying E.T. for the atari should take the game of the year award
    Currently Playing:

Soup Kitchen Jerk. FF14 iz da sux0rz Polk's Avatar

Am I the only one who thought of APB when I read this? An online game with a bunch of potential that just had too many problems to be successful? It's sad.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

Hah. I don't play MMO's anyway, and wasn't planning on buying this game in the first place. If it remains free indefinately though, perhaps I'll try it out. That would probably be rather expensive to keep that server running without charging anyone, though, so they'll probably take it down before that happens, heh. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    I'm not the only one who badmouths square. But i guess they aren't THAT bad, they did make plenty of decent titles.
    >Implying that Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Front Mission, Star Ocean, and Kingdom Hearts games are "decent" and not "THAT bad".

but you are saying Sabin, that you think because of one bad game that SE made (in a market where they are clearly the underdog at that) makes them a bad company. That's an ignorant statement.
    Last edited by Rocky; 12-10-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Registered User FF14 iz da sux0rz Kaiden's Avatar

There are a few major problem area's with the game. Nothing that can't be fixed which is the good part. The bad part is the game needed more testing and from what I hear from beta players, Developer's just didnt listen to them. The same problems beta players were complaining about were still in the game at release. It seems like a case of the development team not listening to their testers and just going with what they wanted. In the end in back fired and now they need to clean the mess up. Its not impossible, but I'm sure they lost a lot of money and customers over it.
    Last edited by Kaiden; 12-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiden View Post
    There are a few major problem area's with the game. Nothing that can't be fixed which is the good part. The bad part is the game needed more testing and from what I hear from beta players, Developer's just didnt listen to them. The same problems beta players were complaining about were still in the game at release. It seems like a case of the development team not listening to their testers and just going with what they wanted. In the end in back fired and now they need to clean the mess up. Its not impossible, but I'm sure they lost a lot of money and customers over it.

This makes the square company sound like a bunch of money grubbers (which isn't that far off from the truth either) there are some new games square is making that look good but with others square seems to be losing their touch with *cough*FFXIII*cough* *double cough*a decent storyline*double cough* excuse me there.
    Currently Playing:

As someone who was in the beta test, I'm actually sad to see the lack of improvement the game has seen since it's release. I didn't actually buy the game myself due to a lack of funds, but my brother did and I've been talking to him about it, and many many MANY of the issues he's rattled off, I'm having to laugh about, because they're the same problems a great deal of people were having during Beta. The game is BEAUTIFUL, but pretty graphics and Miqo'te don't make a good game all on their own, sadly.

That being said, they went the right direction with a good number of things, they just didn't bother to keep with the right directions in other areas. The combat system is great, once the lag gets ironed out, tho SE is still keeping with their tradition of barely releasing anything on the system and leaving it up to players to figure it all out (Skillchain system from XI : Battle Regime system in XIV, NEVER figured out exacts on it during beta).

SE screwed up a good bit with it, and instead of doing what most bad companies would do and going "That's not our fault" and refusing to fix it, instead they are actually doing all they can to make amends and FIX the problems, even going so far as to rework the staff. This to me at least, tells me that while they may still be a "money grubbing" company (and what company ISN'T these days?), they at least do still care about their game quality. And yes, in spite of people's "OMG this isn't ZOMGWTFBBQEPIIIIIIIIIIC" complaints in recent games, SE's games still usually remain at least a notch or two above the "decent" mark.

Not to mention, everyone these days expects every game to blow their socks off. Well, let's face it. Either you're gonna stop wearing socks, or you're gonna get so used to it that you just put'em back on anyway. Or in other words, quit expecting EVERY game that exists to be the most epic one you've ever played, because then nothing will BE epic anymore.

Magically Delicous FF14 iz da sux0rz Merlin's Avatar

I actually saw this as good news. With new people in charge, things could really start turning around. There's actually "hope" that the game will become much more than it is. I'm just afraid its a bit "late in the game" to make a staff switch. This is something that should have been done years ago when the first signs of this game not being headliner material first started showing. I think this is a case of management not paying attention to what is going on.

On the other hand, this could be a case of the "higher ups" blindly taking it out on the developers regardless of fault. That is usually what I see in my line of work. The CIO and division supervisors make unrealistic demands on a daily(if not hourly) basis and expect everyone to just do it. The developers scramble to get these demands accomplished and either they "finish" the job half-assed because there wasn't enough time or they admit it isn't done. Either way, even though the blame lies in the laps of the CIO and division supervisors for making unrealistic demands, when the shit hits the fans with customers, the only people who get blamed are the developers. Devs are terminated or reprimanded and the CIOs get a bonus at the end of the year for reducing the footprint by cleaning out all the "bad" devs.

Which is more likely? I'm leaning towards the latter. I think the producer knew the game wasn't ready and is fed up with the higher-ups screaming at him about the game getting horrid reviews and customer complaints.

Who knows for sure. I'm currently taking a break on the game for a while until they release the next two updates. Am I happy with how the game currently is? No... but I'm going to keep an eye on the game and see where it goes from here. I don't blindly support them, but I definitely don't blindly hate them. Yes they screwed up. Shit happens. What happens afterward is what is important. Beating a dead horse is pointless.

Est Sularus Et Mithas! FF14 iz da sux0rz Selquist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    So even SE realizes that their game sucks. Delays for the PS3 version and the game is currently free to play (and probably will be indefinitely, at this rate.)

Discuss.
    It may be free to play, but I still wasted $60 on it.
    You'd think I'd have known better after having tried XI and realized how horrible it was. *sigh*

I think I'm done with online MMO's forever. I did WoW up until Wrath of the Lich King, but that just sucked over 2 years of my soul right out of my body!

The last MMO I shall every try will be the new Knights of the Old Republic if they ever make it. It that fails, MMO's are dead.
    Cpl, USMC

Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy I
    Darksiders
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Magna Carta 2
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Recently Beaten:
    Dead Space
    Alan Wake
    Uncharted 2

Memento Rhapso FF14 iz da sux0rz Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Squeenix did something very wise with the whole "We dun goof'd" statement. They're owning up to their errors and trying to fix it as mentioned above.
    My friend wants to try it still, and once she hears it has free online, I have a feeling no matter how god awful it may be she'll buy it. So at least they have one happy customer
    I think the graphics look awesome, but also aforementioned, graphics can't carry the whole damn game.
    --
    I think my post is one giant appears to be a giant repost. Time to buy the game and see for myself
    I said I think 3 times as a starter. Go originality
    Last edited by Rhaps; 12-17-2010 at 09:03 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Hiji

No PvP, no me-e-e.

I'd like to go with storylines a lot. if there's hardly a story as you go, and mostly grinding, then I'd lose out.

MMOs really should change their way getting stronger. Storylines seem to do more justice, but monster kills at random would then be a minor thing. Still. One. Word. Wins. Me. Out:

PvP.

Caligulous

So far i am very pleased with most aspects of the game... No mmo is perfect at launch... This game has sooooo much potential and SE knows it... SE cares alot about their fanbase as well because they have not charged anyone to play yet... I have not been charged a cent accept for the disk... SE will not charge any monthly installments until they know people are happy enough to keep playing...

The Old Skool Warrior FF14 iz da sux0rz LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's going to be the tricky part... getting it "good enough" to keep people online. How much of it will just be a farce from the people who want to play the free game? How many will quit when they start charging? And if they shift all of their focus into making improvements for FFXIV, what will happen to FFXI, the only consistent source of income for that branch? Obviously XI will have to go into decline sooner or later, but they can't risk hurting what they finally fixed in order to fix what's still broken.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. FF14 iz da sux0rz Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I just think they should stop with the Lord forbidden MMo's and work on FF15...
    If anything, make them a different Numerable like FFO1, FFo2 (FF online)
    Instead of wasting 11 and 14 on less than mediocre games.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

This is actually the first news I've heard about XIV being poorly received by many. My first impressions on the OB were less than... impressive, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

That said, though, MMOs are getting ridiculous. I truly feel it's a dying form of gaming (well, at least one that appeals to me) They're all just trying too damn hard. Honestly, there's amazing elements in each MMO and some less than stellar ones, but WoW has spoiled the shit out of people because it's an MMO that truly caters to it's audience. There's a ridiculous amount of dev. interaction with the consumer base, and they take all the QQ seriously. Hell, the lead systems designer (Ghostcrawler) reads the forums daily and comments on QQ threads often.

I used to enjoy MMOs, and as much as I hated XI, I still chugged through 40 (50? I don't even remember) levels of it because of the sense of accomplishment I felt. Maybe I'm just jaded because Cataclysm is a big stinking pile of poo in the end game department. /shrug

On the topic of squeenix being bad. Well, they are (in my eyes). Final Fantasy IX was the last good FF of the series. X, XII, and XIII were horribad, each substantially worse than the previous. RPGs aren't dead, SquareEnix just forgot what made them good and are trying too hard. WTB new Mist Walker title.
    Last edited by Sean; 01-25-2011 at 10:34 AM.

I really just don't have the time anymore to sink into MMOs. I have about 3 hours at night to myself and I have all kinds of stuff I'd rather be doing in that time than mindlessly killing the latest color squirrel or bunny. Seriously... at level 25 I'd think I could be killing something besides crop-destroying rodents. Oh wait, I'll take a break from that and synth tools I needed several levels ago and are now too weak to be useful at my current level. Hmm... but the whole point of leveling the synth was so I can make tools, but I can't make the tools to level without leveling to a point where I no longer need it... Brilliant.

Time and again I come to realize that the staff at Squeenix just doesn't give a damn anymore. They even admitted they have no clue what FF is at this point. Please just fire your whole staff and hire people who do care. There are plenty of us who would jump at the opportunity and have the skillset to do it.

Caligulous

I have two questions... Am I the only one who is enjoying this game very very very much??? And question 2 is how many of you people badmouthing this game have actually purchased it and have sat down to play it to the point where you are a high enough level to adventure out into the game world and find new areas and things to do??? I am sure the second question weeds 80 percent of the people out... This game is great and the team is working really hard to make the game even greater... I wouldn't give up on something just because you haven't tried it but heard it was bad... Most people badmouthing it I guess have never played Final Fantasy XI??? Log into the game and see how many people are playing and you will be shocked... From what I see is that many of the people who are playing it have minor complaints to none... Everyone I have spoken to ingame are very happy with the gameplay and graphics and are enjoying many other aspects of the game...

I'm glad you're having fun in it... but unfortunately that doesn't mean it is a good game. Hell, I get a kick out of playing some badly-rated games, but for me this isn't one of them. There are just too many blatantly-obvious things wrong with it at release... many of which can't be fixed with a patch.

To those of you who love this game, I wish you many years of enjoyment with it. For the overwhelming number of FF fans (especially FFXI fans) who are royally pissed at how bad this game is, I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulous View Post
    I have two questions... Am I the only one who is enjoying this game very very very much???
    Obviously not, or there'd be no one playing it.

And question 2 is how many of you people badmouthing this game have actually purchased it and have sat down to play it to the point where you are a high enough level to adventure out into the game world and find new areas and things to do???
    I played the open beta; the game made no attempts to explain the system to me, I had to figure it out on my own as I went. The combat was unforgiving and unintuitive like XI. I felt like I was playing an upgraded version of XI, with a worse combat system and way too much cut scene storytelling. Seeing the exact same races wasn't a bonus, either.

I am sure the second question weeds 80 percent of the people out... This game is great and the team is working really hard to make the game even greater... I wouldn't give up on something just because you haven't tried it but heard it was bad...
    It's not that I heard it was bad, it's that I thought it was bad when I played it.

Most people badmouthing it I guess have never played Final Fantasy XI???
    I did. Too bad XIV was just an XI clone with worse systems in place. XI was a far better game. Originally XIV was promised as a huge improvement over XI, that Square knows what the former players of XI wanted and would make the game appeal to a broader audience. They failed. I'll say it again, using the exact same races as XI was an extremely lazy move.

Log into the game and see how many people are playing and you will be shocked...
    I'm sure there's still a lot of people playing (XI). There's also a lot of people still playing Everquest, from 2001. How does that apply to how terrible XIV is?

Unless this is pointed at XIV. If that statement is pointed at XIV, then go look at how many people still play all kinds of terrible games. Runescape, for instance, comes to mind.

From what I see is that many of the people who are playing it have minor complaints to none... Everyone I have spoken to ingame are very happy with the gameplay and graphics and are enjoying many other aspects of the game...
    Of course those playing it don't mind the flaws. Those that do mind the flaws no longer play/never bought the actual game. See how that works?
    Last edited by Sean; 01-29-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Just kind of there. FF14 iz da sux0rz Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If square enix didn't have their development teams spread so thin over 400 different development projects maybe this wouldn't have happened.
    I'm sorry to say but SE has gone seriously down hill in recent years. Hell ever since the merger.

At least dragon quest hasn't been totally bastardized.
    Yet...

Either way. What did they think would happen if they tried to develop an MMORPG on top of 24 other projects.
    Last edited by Calvan; 02-02-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Registered User FF14 iz da sux0rz Zidane77's Avatar

I actually think Dragon Quest kinda sucked, but on the positive side i think Kingdom Hearts and FFVII is the only good coming from Square nowadays, although XIV was not bad.

But i agree, they totally went downhill after PSX.

Why does FFXIV suck?

I am a big FFXI fan. I was thinking of buying this game sooner or later.
    But with all the negative stuff being said, it has got me wondering?
    So to those who have already played this game, please tell me:

What was so "Horrible" about this game? And how does it compare with FFXI?
    Where does this game fall and where does it succeed?

Just kind of there. FF14 iz da sux0rz Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Why does FFXIV suck?

Apparently the problem is that SE released a very very incomplete game.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast