Thread: Desynthesis Preview

The Quiet One Desynthesis Preview Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Desynthesis Preview

Continuing their preview of the new features and content coming in the latest patch for Final Fantasy XIV, Square Enix is showing off the Desynthesis feature today. This feature allows players to take an item and reclaim the material components that make it up. The limit of items that can be broken down is not clear, but they do show a Ifrit's Blade being broken down. So there is a wide range available. And the new glowing gear shown in the trailer earlier also seems to be crafted from unique materials obtained through desynthesis.

There will also be a limit to the skills that can be allocated for the desynthesis skill. It is unlocked at 30 for any crafting classes and maxes out at 100 points with a total of only 300 points to go between all 8 crafting classes. And working like crafting in XI, the skill points are assigned by desynthing on that class. So when all 300 points are used desynthing on other classes will take points for other classes.

Desynthesis Overview

Desynthesis is a new crafting ability that reduces items into to their constituent parts.

Desynthesis can be used on a number of different items including equipment, housing furnishings, and fish.

Using Desynthesis
    Each crafting class has its own desynthesis skill level, which affects your chances of successfully breaking down an item, as well as the materials yielded if you succeed.
    * Crafting classes below level 30 will have a skill level of 0, and therefore cannot use Desynthesis.

Desynthesis skills for each class are independent, with a maximum level of 100. However, there is a skill point maximum of 300 that applies to all classes combined.

Successfully breaking down an item with Desynthesis will raise your skill level for that class. However, this may also lower the skill level of other classes in certain instances.
    * Attempting to exceed the combined 300 point maximum will lower the skill level of other classes.
    * Classes level 30 or higher will have a skill level of at least one, which counts toward the combined 300 point maximum.

Retrieving Items
    Breaking down an item with Desynthesis will primarily yield materials used to create the item. On occasion, players will also receive special items that can only be obtained through use of Desynthesis.

These special items can then be used in new recipes available in the coming update.

Source: FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Desynthesis Preview (06/27/2014)
    Attached Images Attached Images Desynthesis Preview-ffxivarr23logo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Desynthesis Preview che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Desynthesis can be used on a number of different items including equipment, housing furnishings, and fish.
    Oh my word. This single-handedly makes my retainer going on quick ventures the best retainer ever. All I GET are fish.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Quiet One Desynthesis Preview Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I don't understand how you desynth a fish. I mean what are it's material components, it's not like you craft fish. I'm guessing it'll level culinarian, which is largely going to be pointless I'm guessing. But yeah, all of that junk furniture I get endlessly on quick ventures will get some use after all.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner