Thread: Blasted thing won't play

Here to rock you like a hurricane Blasted thing won't play Warrior of the World's Avatar

Blasted thing won't play

Me and a few friends recently got interested in trying this game out, hoping in vain that it's community isn't solely comprised of the pocky chewing Naruto headband wearing freaks that the series' fanbase has sorrowfully become nowadays.

Anyway, we were really excited to get into a new MMO. We ordered xbox 360 copies on amazon, got usb keyboards, and we're all set and ready. Well, one of the copies hasn't come in yet, so I'm just going to get all the installation shit out of the way.

One problem, the accursed thing isn't working. Everytime I put in the disc it says "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again". I've scoured the internet, finding that this may be related to "The New Xbox Experience" update that occurred a while back. I've tried finding solutions, but it either seems that this problem has blown over for some, or the Xbox version is out of the question now. Anyone got a fix for me in 999 words or less?

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Blasted thing won't play che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Blasted thing won't play

Well usually when you blast stuff, it stops working.

; ;

Um. Are you using the original hard drive? Did you buy your xbox new? Can you connect to Xbox live and download Xbox compatibility software? "Start the box (cold boot) WITH original DVD in drive and you should be able to play."

^ Just some random shit I googled.

"The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again".
    ^What I typed into google.

Anyway, I'm tired and I really don't feel like googling anymore. Sorry for the unorganized post. Good luck.

Here to rock you like a hurricane Blasted thing won't play Warrior of the World's Avatar

Yeah, none of that's working. I didn't buy the game used, so It should work.I haven't been able to find similar problems to mine, so I may need to do some improvising.

Okay, I took out the hard drive. Then the Playonline viewer pulled itself up, saying that I wasn't connected to the internet, so it made me back out. I tried doing it with the Hard drive in, and it gave me the "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again" screen.

G'day Blasted thing won't play NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just found this on a forum. It sounds similar to your issue. I have no idea about this stuff, so hope it helps!

FFXIclopedia • View topic - FFXI + Xbox slim wont install/play

I actually came up with a guess as to what's wrong. a few years ago, I was helping a friend move, and he let me into some games he was trying to get rid of. I found a copy of FF11 and tried to play. Unfortunately, I didn't know any of the required codes, so I tossed it. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that some shit left over from my first attempt is left over, and now I gotta get me a new hard drive and hope that'll fix it or I'm pretty much ****ed.
    And so now it comes to pass
    By the eventide on mass
    See them gather yet alas
    They remain still as stained class

For they know only too well
    That the story they will tell
    Conjures up an ageless spell
    Guarded by the sentinel

So it goes forevermore
    Ever steady to the core
    That the sign that they came for
    Waves majestic from the floor

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Blasted thing won't play che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of the World View Post
    I actually came up with a guess as to what's wrong. a few years ago, I was helping a friend move, and he let me into some games he was trying to get rid of. I found a copy of FF11 and tried to play. Unfortunately, I didn't know any of the required codes, so I tossed it. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that some shit left over from my first attempt is left over, and now I gotta get me a new hard drive and hope that'll fix it or I'm pretty much ****ed.
    Sounds about right from what I googled, which is ****ing terrible. How much does a new HD run for Xbox?