Thread: Benchmark, Housing, PS3 info and more

The Quiet One Benchmark, Housing, PS3 info and more Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Benchmark, Housing, PS3 info and more

A new interview or rather Q&A has come out from the Producer of FFXIV Naoki Yoshida. There's quite a few things answered or sort of answered. For now I'll filter through the ones that are more interesting and doesn't requirement intimate knowledge of the game to know what they're talking about. The top questions that were interesting was about multiple Benchmarks, PS3 hinting and some talk about Housing. I'm directly copying the question answer, so these all come from Square Enix's forums on FFXIV, link provided. Letter from the Producer LIVE Part III Q&A Updates
    Q: When will the A Realm Reborn benchmark be released?
    A: We’re planning to release multiple benchmarks. Also, we’re planning to release a character creation benchmark, and you can create the character of your liking. Additionally, we’re considering making it so you can carry that character over to A Realm Reborn.

This is specifically interesting because of the create your own character. Being able to explore and get a feel of the character creation system is pretty important for the game and is going to be everyone's first impression of the game. It will let them know if they are even going to want to keep playing. So interested parties should definitely check it out when it is released. I'll try to find out a date on that, but nothing right now.
    Q: Can we see the PS3 version…?
    A: We’ll be releasing the initial information around mid-October. I believe we’ll have screenshots first, but please hang in there! The actual video is pretty (while looking at the Windows version screen), but the quality is a bit messed up in the broadcast.

Nothing much, but mid-October is actually a date. I know people are wanting to know how it is doing and where things will be going with it. To note, the PS3 beta testing is going to be happening along side the PC beta testing. Which if I remember right was scheduled for November.
    Q: I saw some new artwork… What is this (artwork for the upcoming housing system)?
    A: With the new housing system, there are multiple themes such as “wilderness,” “sea,” and “forest.” Players will purchase the land and also the right to own a house. Once you build a house, players will be able to create their unique house by selecting from a list of parts. Also, players will be able to place furniture created by Disciples of the Hand and build a chocobo farm in their yard.

The housing system will have updates dedicated specifically to housing. I’m sure players will really enjoy the housing system. Additionally, objects within the house can be placed via drag & drop (including the PS3 version).
    Lastly, there are plans to implement huge spaces of land that cost a fortune!

I don't know what sort of housing system that they had before, but it sounds like you'll have a lot more control over it now from the way this reads. Should be a lot more control than the mog house from FFXI. So that should be exciting.

Q: Will we be able to ride on an Ahriman mount right away?

A: We’re currently looking into the mount and thinking about when we will be able to show it off. We would like to prepare a variety of mounts for A Realm Reborn.

More mounts than just a chocobo is very curious. Sort of weird to picture someone riding a Ahriman, but I guess they're doing this because other MMOs have multiple mount types. Chocobos are pretty classic though and they remain a staple.

Q: When will musketeer be implemented?

A: Including samurai and ninja, we are currently at the stage where we are looking into which we would like to add next, so we haven’t yet decided on the specifics. However, in the future we are imagining dual wield and double barrel guns, so please look forward to it!

This is more interesting because it suggests possible future jobs, but also that they are talking about dual wield and guns.

There a much longer list of questions and answers at the link, but these were the most direct ones that will interest people curious about the game and still unfamiliar.
    Attached Images Attached Images Benchmark, Housing, PS3 info and more-ff14-logo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I'm still waiting for the PS3 version to play FFXIV, in the mean time I will be getting back into FFXI.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Quiet One Benchmark, Housing, PS3 info and more Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We should be seeing the first glimpse of it in a week or two if they're still on time with what he said. There is going to be the PS3 beta that is happening I think in November, which I'm going to try to get into when it happens. So that might be a time to try to check it out. The actual release date for the PS3 version is still unknown, but I think they want to release the PC and PS3 versions at the same time.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner