Thread: Adjustments of the Job Persuasion! (06/17/2010)

Adjustments of the Job Persuasion! (06/17/2010)

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

A lot of really good stuff here.

Dancer gets Dual Wield and... yeah. A lot of stuff. Can finally cure outside of party!

I'm really surprised that SCH is getting the tier V nukes.

I'm not fond of the BLM job ability, bu it's pretty cool.

PUP's new JA seems just a little broken to me. =P

The Quiet One Adjustments of the Job Persuasion! (06/17/2010) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Adjustments of the Job Persuasion! (06/17/2010)

Paladin's get their own Phalanx, that's going to be so awesome to have there. I wonder what sort of enmity hit it'll take by having it up. But that is very nice to have along with improved defense against critical hits. That'll be very nice since it looks like the other job that gets it will be bard.

The dual wield at 20 for Dancer makes me so happy. I can do dual wield again and be my good old DNC/SAM combo without worries. That'll be awesome. I wonder how it'll work if you do DNC/NIN will all of the dual wield stack or will it just only be one since they are the same technically. If they all stack then a DNC/NIN would be really fast.

The Presto DNC ability will be good as well and on a 30 second timer too. So it won't be so bad that it'll appear to be useless like some good abilities with long timers. And a Divine Waltz II, so happy about that too. I'll have to see how the Climatic Flourish works since it'll be a critical hit.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Traits don't stack. You just receive the highest one you have.

Presto is really awesome. I'm confused though as it says 15 second timer but 30 second duration. Did they get it backwards? Checked it on all languages except Japanese, it's 15 reuse and 30 duration. This means you can reach 5 finishing moves within 2 steps, even with using up your extra. We'll have to see how it works out.

Dual Wield is nice, but I don't see myself taking advantage of it that often. Utsusemi is too good for my playstyle. /SAM is nice, but I'm not sure how often I'll end up using it. Still, it's a nice thing for when I don't need Utsusemi.

Divine Waltz II is awesome. So is Conserve TP. I mean, even if it ends up being not very good, it's better than what we've had so far. And all the other stuff. DNC got the best stuff this update I think.

The Quiet One Adjustments of the Job Persuasion! (06/17/2010) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My guess is that with Presto is that the duration is long, but when you use a step the ability is consumed. Which is how a few of the things that DNC has works, namely with the flourishes that provide bonuses to WS and such. So that is probably why it is longer.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner