Thread: Accomplishments

The Quiet One Accomplishments Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Accomplishments

There is a lot of things to do in FFXIV. And we don't really have a place to just talk about what we've done in the game. So this thread will be for talking about the last things you saw in the game or succeeded. Something big that happened or something you're excited about having done or going to do. More of a general chat on the game and what you've been up to.

The most recent things for me has been fighting Titan. I've beaten him twice so far. I played it with no one I knew once and we died like 30 times before someone called it a day and then we all did. Then, I started up another duty finder and we won after a few attempts. It was tight, but we did it. Then I played it again later with Phinn and we won after a few attempts as well. The Titan fight is so much fun. Both Primal battles have been great, though Titan really stepped up the challenge and focus you need. You can't do it without having complete attention to what Titan is doing at all times.

I'm working towards Garuda, who's been the talk of the story right now. However, I've finally hit the level requirement wall. After doing something like 40 or 50 quests without concern for my level. I've finally reached the point where I can't progress in the story without leveling more. Plus I saw that the Garuda fight is a lv 44 to 46 battle. So I've got a lot of leveling I need to do.

The other big note is that I got my miner up to lv 20. So I can start making some money.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

My physical copy is on it's way to my house within the next 28 hours.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    28 hours is an oddly specific number. You excited for your copy?

It shows up at 8pm tomorrow. I'm just bored. Need something to pass time!
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Ah, well you'll be passing a lot of time once you get the game. So you won't have to worry about that.

Blog Entries
    Here's my list of classes as of right now: (26 THM for swiftcast is AMAZING for SCH)

http://i.imgur.com/azf7E44.jpg

My armor is all over the place as I have a few AF pieces, but body is lvl50. I look like shit. Here's me at Garuda two nights ago I believe:

http://i.imgur.com/fPHFFWJ.jpg

Garuda down. Was so fun. I'm so impressed with the difficulty level of later instances and primals. I cannot wait to endgame. Currently in Modified Company (Modified Free Company • Portal) on Gilgamesh. We're world 1st (non-legacy) and world 2nd(legacy included) as of right now I believe. Gilgamesh has reddit, Death and Taxes (whom I was with for part of WoW), Blue Garter (who I apped to in WoW but got declined), MOD company, etc. Really fun server!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries
    I'm looking forward to the Garuda fight. The Titan fight was awesome. You know can link to the lodestone your character. Then we can look at your cool armor and everything. ^^ When does AF start, I thought it was at lv 50.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Garuda fight. The Titan fight was awesome. You know can link to the lodestone your character. Then we can look at your cool armor and everything. ^^ When does AF start, I thought it was at lv 50.
    Ah, I was unaware! I'll edit it in here when I figure out how in a sec.

Quests start at lvl45.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/4041905/

Blog Entries
    Here is the link to your character FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Rage Log . ^^;

Blog Entries
    Hmm, it doesn't show my Summoner gear. I guess it only shows what I logged out with last time. hehe

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how it updates. It looks like it is not when you log out. I think it might be like once a day or something. Because it still hasn't updated the work I've done today and I logged out earlier.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how it updates. It looks like it is not when you log out. I think it might be like once a day or something. Because it still hasn't updated the work I've done today and I logged out earlier.
    We one-shot Titan in a duty-finder group. I don't really remember the fight much because I was drinking that night to try to help with the leveling grind. So at the end of the night I was kinda fuzzy. I just remember that he jumps up and slams down and it can push you off. :3 Gonna have to lookup a Titan fight vid before I do hardmode since I don't remember it lol.

Garuda. On the other hand...the transition to phase2 completely had my duty-finder group mindblown. So annoying.

Figured I'd edit some pics in here, just cause: epic. I have a shitload, so it was hard to choose which, but I'm gonna post Behemoth when my intel linkshell said it was up I went to see it.

http://i.imgur.com/s5vXdLy.jpg

This is the result of people not giving a shit about letting tanks hold the threat meter, and Behe spinning to someone else:

http://i.imgur.com/KQSJciJ.jpg
    Last edited by che; 09-15-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Consistently Average Accomplishments Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I spent a good hour reading through FFXIV's official site last night, and all I can say is that I'm so jealous of you guys It looks like you're having a lot of fun.

Your character looks really cool as well che, how long did it take to get to level 45?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

SE accomplished a lot by pissing me off by allowing digital downloads again the night of my copy coming in the door. I would have saved 20 dollars!
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I spent a good hour reading through FFXIV's official site last night, and all I can say is that I'm so jealous of you guys It looks like you're having a lot of fun.

Your character looks really cool as well che, how long did it take to get to level 45?
    I think I bought the game last tuesday? I am not really sure what day, but it's been about a week of playing like freaking crazy.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I haven't been playing that heavily, but I've had the game since launch and I'm lv 41 now. Though I did level some other things as well. If I'm fortunate I'll be able to get 45 over the weekend and probably aim for 50 the following weekend. Though I'm going to be heading into Stone Vigil or whatever it is called to get the Enterprise. So I'm getting close to the Garuda fight. Looking forward to it.

That's awesome you got to see Behemoth though. I've been wanting to check him out. I was even hanging around Coerthas because of the story line being out there. Though I heard Odin popped on Friday and I loved to have seen him as well. Both of those are fights you go in as a full party or don't at all. So we'll have to see about getting the TFF FC or LS together for a FATE battle once we have some level 50 jobs.

I was able to run S'vara a few times last night though which is great exp, even if I think there is a problem with too many people being there so S'vara will pop out if you're not on top of him sometimes. It's chaos, but what FATE isn't. I did end up soloing a FATE because no one else was doing it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I haven't been playing that heavily, but I've had the game since launch and I'm lv 41 now. Though I did level some other things as well. If I'm fortunate I'll be able to get 45 over the weekend and probably aim for 50 the following weekend. Though I'm going to be heading into Stone Vigil or whatever it is called to get the Enterprise. So I'm getting close to the Garuda fight. Looking forward to it.

That's awesome you got to see Behemoth though. I've been wanting to check him out. I was even hanging around Coerthas because of the story line being out there. Though I heard Odin popped on Friday and I loved to have seen him as well. Both of those are fights you go in as a full party or don't at all. So we'll have to see about getting the TFF FC or LS together for a FATE battle once we have some level 50 jobs.

I was able to run S'vara a few times last night though which is great exp, even if I think there is a problem with too many people being there so S'vara will pop out if you're not on top of him sometimes. It's chaos, but what FATE isn't. I did end up soloing a FATE because no one else was doing it.
    Svara IS great exp. We usually have so many people that he does disappear and you have to get right up on his character model sometimes. Gilgamesh is a huge server. Behemoth was kind of a problem too. It sucks for fights where you should keep your range, but you have to be close to even see the thing to dps it.

I have not been to Odin yet, but intend to. He's not really a priority for me atm though, since apparently the fates don't drop anything useful.

You're super close to Garuda, though. I freaking love this story. <3

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm really enjoying the story a lot for the game. I enjoyed what I played of XI's story, but really like everything that they've done with XIV story. The Titan stuff and post-Titan was great. Plus I love the look of the Garleans, the Judges from XII were always the coolest thing in that game and use that theme for them makes it even better.

Yeah, if you Gold Medal all of Svara it's 40k, which is great. Svara you have to be cautious since he can drop AoE bombs for like 1.3k.

Blog Entries
    Well I finally got lv 50 for my Black Mage tonight and finished the job quest line for Black Mage as well. Found out that you can't actually level past the start of 50, meaning you're stuck at 0 exp into 50. However, I did end on a good note. I was doing one of the 4 stage fights out in Northern Thanalan and the first stage is an exp grind. Our full party managed to get a 300 chain nearly. I can't be sure what it was exactly since I stopped seeing chains once I leveled, but they reported 298. So crazy!

Anyway, I'm on to finish the story line now.

Blog Entries
    How are you finding getting groups as BLM on your server for AK/CM and hard mode primals?

Blog Entries
    I haven't tried yet. I'm not too concerned about end game at the moment. Because I rushed a bit to 50, I wanted to try out other things. So I'm trying out crafting and gathering right now. I did end up finding a group of people that I finished the last two dungeons with on the story. They plan on doing end game content eventually. So I'll probably be joining them when I'm not doing it with the guys from here.