Thread: What if a new entry was created?

The Old Skool Warrior What if a new entry was created? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What if a new entry was created?

So the Ivalice Alliance has sat without a fresh game in quite some time; Revenant Wings was the last new entry, and that was 5-6 years ago, depending upon your region.

For those unaware, the games in the Ivalice Alliance (games taking place primarily in the realm of Ivalice) are Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics Advance 2, XII, and XII: Revenant Wings. It is, with exception of FFXI's Vana'Diel (and likely soon FFXIV's Hydaelyn), the most expansive world in all of Final Fantasy. There is much of the lore yet to be expanded upon; things referenced in historical documentation in Tactics, or alluded to in FFXII.

If Square Enix were to gift us with a new entry to the realm, what era would you like to see?

Would you want a direct sequel to one of the other games? A prequel? Something between the other games but only existing in the lore without direct relation?

What type of gameplay would you like to see? A grid-based tactical warfare as in 80% of the series, or something open and freeform like FFXII?
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 07-23-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I want 2 thing

Saint Ajora

and the Catastrophe.

That's all. That's it.

Also you forgot Vagrant Story (not Ivalice Alliance but game is set in Ivalice)
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Old Skool Warrior What if a new entry was created? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh shit, this is true! I knew I was missing something. I love that game... don't know how I missed it.

So... I might just edit that back in there. ^^;
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I played Vagrant Story a few months ago and I know why it is good. That combat system is just...wow.

Yeah, Saint Ajora and Catastrophe. What I would LOVE to see is Saint Ajora story first and then goes back and does the Catastrophe the next game.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

"Tiger Hair" What if a new entry was created? HeroZero's Avatar
    So.... Ajora Story? I would love a game with combat like Vagrant and I could care less what the story revolved around (so long as it was still good) . Wouldn't mind another game somewhere near Where Vagrant Story takes place or even a prequel to it.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Quote Originally Posted by loaf
    Saint Ajora
    holy shit, yes. they need to make this.

I want to play a game. What if a new entry was created? Zargabaath's Avatar
    Let me preface this post by saying I would prefer for any new entry into Ivallice be directed by Matsuno. The games he has done gave Ivalice the substance & style that it has. Though it is unlikely he would return, I find Ito to be a suitable replacement.

I am interested in gaining more knowledge of the Occuria's existence, nature, & civilization before they secluded themselves. What was the cause? Do the have legends of the creation of Ivalice? I also want to know more about the scions of light and dark (the latter being espers, then the lucavi). What made the espers change their name? How did the lore on them change from being cast down by the Occuria for rebellion to the zodiac knights?

The game would not have to be the basis for the game but the game could delve deeper into the lore, akin to the bestiary of FF XII.

My preference lies in a new stand alone title be it before FF XII or after FFT. How was life centuries or millenia before FF XII. The technology they had, the introduction of magic. Or how the world reacted to the truth of the Lion War. Were there riots? Revolution against the church/state.

Ivalice is a land of war and there are bound to be more wars needing their tale told by a spoony bard.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User What if a new entry was created? Cyric's Avatar
    As cool as I think some of the creatures introduced into Ivalice are, I really preferred the Final Fantasy Tactics version. But, I figure if they can find a way to include them a la Demon Wars I don't think I'll have an issue.

Final Fantasy XII and Revenant Wings are by far my favorites of the Ivalice experience. So, naturally I would prefer a spin-off or another sequel to XII. I picked up Vagrant Story a few years back but have never put it in. Sounds like I need to throw that one on my agenda. Tactics Advance was a great addition. I was not very fond of the PS and PSP versions though.

My ideal Ivalice addition would be a combination of FF XII and Tactics but not in the same sense that Revenant Wings was. This formula would involve open world mechanics for exploration of towns and the world map. As well as a tactics-based battle system. Not exactly sure how to combine the two but it would, in theory, be a welcome change to the series as a whole.

Registered User What if a new entry was created? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would honestly like to see another tactics RPG style game that covered Balbanes story. It could delve into all the adventures he and Orlandu had together as they tried to turn the tides of the 50 years war. I think that alone would be good enough for me. I think there's room for a lot of side-story that wasn't necessarily mentioned in FFT. (Maybe a trip north to romanda, the land where guns were supposedly invented. Ivalice was at war with them too, weren't they?)

"Tiger Hair" What if a new entry was created? HeroZero's Avatar
    The Story of Orlandu and Balbanes could have strong potential indeed. I also would ejoy learning more about the occuria, they were so integral to FFXII but really very little about them was explained.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"