Thread: Stealing is believing.

Consistently Average Stealing is believing. Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stealing is believing.

What an awful title.

Do you steal equipment from enemies in storyline battles? I ask this as I'm trying to get one of my Knights (halfway through 1st chapter) to learn some Thief skills because I'm fairly certain one of the upcoming battles has a Barbut (however it's spelt) that's just begging to be snatched off its current owner. Stuff like Steal: Gil and Exp are pretty useless though, it's not really a job I want any of my Knights to be hanging around in for too long, so once he has the ability to steal all kinds of equipment he's going right back to his former job.

I think this strategy is more useful in TA, as the shops stop selling you decent armor almost straight away, so the only reliable way to get your team kitted out is through stealing your opponent's gear.

What do you guys think? I wanna talk Tactics.

EDIT: I got the Barbut. It took half an hour to Steal the item alone, I was a good 4 levels ahead of the enemy so it took no more two hits to kill off the ones i didn't need. I ended up cornering the Knight I wanted to steal from and used Rend Armour, Shield, Speed and Power until Steal: Helm finally connected. It had like a 41% chance of working but I gained a ton of jp in the process.
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 06-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

stealing is my main tactic every time i play this game over. all of my 'melee' types had all of the steal abilities mastered. typically i went squire jp up> archer> then straight to thief, if i'm remembering correctly.

There are certain items that you can only obtain from stealing in story lines battles. Such as the Glacier Gun and I think some Genji Gear.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

There are certain items that you can only obtain from stealing in story lines battles. Such as the Glacier Gun and I think some Genji Gear.
    not only that, you can also stay a step ahead of what is available in the stores if you make a habit of stealing from npc enemies. even the ones in just random encounters.

That is only good if the items will save your life from Immunes. The items in stores are mostly just better attack and defense and that is probably only good on a Knight. I'm not going to waste my time on extra attack of defense when the item I'm wearing if making me live longer cause it's immune to something. I like to play FF games now where I instantly am unstoppable.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy Stealing is believing. Rowan's Avatar
    Stealing is believing in FFIX, for sure. Dont really know about tactics ps1, but tactics advance stealing was really good too.