Thread: Just starting War of the lions...

Boxer of the Galaxy Just starting War of the lions... Rowan's Avatar

Just starting War of the lions...

Would appreciate any tips or hints on the game and a general overview of the things I will be doing a lot (accessing ability menus perhaps?) I'm aware there are tutorials, but I find this way faster and more efficient. I have played tactics advance on GBA and this feels very similar so far. What are the differences? Are there tavern quests? I've heard its possible to recruit Cloud, is this true? Is there a fight with Sephiroth? Is JP used to buy abilities? Is JP earned only for the job you are currently using in battle? Do enemies level up as you do(ff8style)?

Registered User Just starting War of the lions... HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Self aclaimed FFT expert enters the room....

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Would appreciate any tips or hints on the game and a general overview of the things I will be doing a lot (accessing ability menus perhaps?) I'm aware there are tutorials, but I find this way faster and more efficient. I have played tactics advance on GBA and this feels very similar so far. What are the differences? Are there tavern quests? I've heard its possible to recruit Cloud, is this true? Is there a fight with Sephiroth? Is JP used to buy abilities? Is JP earned only for the job you are currently using in battle? Do enemies level up as you do(ff8style)?
    -ahem-

First of all, yes you will be accessing ability menus and they are a bit like FFTA but different in the sense that you do not need cirtain equipment to gain access to an ability. Each job has it's own set of abilities and you will gain different jobs by training in various other jobs. It's pretty similar to FFTA though.

As for tavern quests, later on you will gain access to propositions and they're basically jobs you can do for extra gil, jp and exp for your generics, but their aren't any "quests" at the taverns like FFTA. (Sadface) You can also play multiplayer mission at the taverns and they get pretty intense later on in the game! (I'm one of the lucky ones who has someone close to home with another copy of FFT:WotL to play with)

Yes, you can recruit Cloud but there are a few things you need to know first.
    Spoiler:
    Cloud sucks balls without lots of training. He'll start at level 1 and you can't get him til your team is around level 45-50. You'll need to find his sword to get his limit skills to work. It can be found with the ability treasure hunter at the top of the brevina volcano. Cloud's side quest is pretty late in the game, so you shouldn't have to worry about it now, but when you meet a dude named Mustadio, KEEP HIM ON YOUR TEAM FOREVER!!!!!

It's generally a good idea to keep any non-generic character you meet because they will have some pretty sweet custom skills that other players can't use. As for the rest of cloud's side quest, I'd recomend looking it up, cause that'd be alot of typing fo me, and I'm a lazy bastard. :3

No, there is no fight with Sephiroth... Cloud says his name, but you never meet him. (But there's this dude by the name of Elmdore who looks alot like Sephiroth and he even has a Masamune. lolz)

No, Jp can be earned for all jobs in the game technically. There's a concept called "Spill over JP' which basically means, if you have a chemist, and it uses chemist abilities, people who also have the job chemist unlocked will also gain a small amount of jp aswell. (And this of cource applies to all jobs)

This is where the game is flawed... The enemies that you encounter in random battles are always going to be based on the highest leveled character in your party roster. (So if your best is level 5, most enemies will be around 4-6 ) However, storyline battles have set levels. Meaning that you can grind random battles, get strong and then go rape storyline missions... :l But only if you fail.

Anything else, gimmie a hollar!

Re: Just starting War of the lions...

Save your game on a separate save when you get the twins.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games