Thread: I don't like Delita.

I don't like Delita.

One of the biggest pricks in FF, I mean Sephiroth may have been bad, Kuja, Kefka etc.... But this guy is just loathsome... People who abuse and mistreat women are horrible characters in fiction or real life. I think its messed up how he becomes absolute ruler and Ramza falls into obscurity. I guess that's how history always is, written by the winners. But I just can't stand this character at all. He's not even a real villain like Elmdor... Just a pathetic little soldier who's an abusive prick and loves killing, beating and mistreating women of all people.

A loathsome FF character, possibly the most loathsome.

Re: I don't like Delita.

!!CAUTION spoilers abound!!

Yea I remember at the start I liked him as the friend character but his character got really convoluted and douche-y real fast.

The whole time when he does his own agenda thing he's a jerk. Ramza does most of the work for him and Delita reeps the rewards as he screws everyone over. Boo hoo Delita you wern't a noble? Your sister got killed? Why not go all murderous for a silly purpose that's results arn't even seen and likely didn't succeed? right....

He becomes a frustrating character that if given the choice I would off him or omit him from the game after his sister dies.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Registered User I don't like Delita. HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Delita was a douche but he was a good character.

As far as his character is concerned, he did exactly what square wanted him to do, he befriended and gained your trust, then he betrayed you and made you mad at him. That's just his character...no reason to get all upset about it.

...Princes Ovila had it comin' though... I mean, why didn't she just leave when Ramza and Agrais came for her, she could've, it'd been bad but it'd still be better than being with delita. She's the one who bought all his Bul$hiz.

Ovila is to blame for all this.

Registered User I don't like Delita. BDub2277's Avatar

Yeah I agree, Olivia wasn't the brightest, but even still, there are moments when Delita is in battle with your party that I just like to smack him in the back of the head over and over again with my alchemist!

Blog Entries

In my experiance, as far as guest characters go, Delita and Argath
    (Algus) were absolutly retarded!!! Especially Argath, he'd do whatever it took to steal my kills, he'd ignore dying comrades and would leave them to crystalize. Delita wouldn't do that, but he had no concern for his own saftey.

At first I wanted to blame bad AI but none of my other guest characters do that so I don't know...

Registered User I don't like Delita. BDub2277's Avatar

Lol Argus main objective, run as close to enemies and far from allies as possible. The fail rambo of FFT.

Blog Entries

I assure you that I am a firm believer in making stupid decisions and charging blindly into battle but not the way he does it... He doesn't even attack the right targets. grr...

I love his character but in combat he's an idiot!

Death Before Dishonor I don't like Delita. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you look Tactics appears like some middle age type shit. In the middle ages it was cool to smack around women. As bad as that is. But yea I didn't really like him that much...

Beowulf was the best..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries

Hmm, that gets me thinkin'...

Mayhap, in the middle ages, since Chivalry was big (Like with beowulf) people may have thought it would overbalance the need for "Rules" on hitting women. No honnerable man would do it.

Temple Knight for the win!

Sir Prize I don't like Delita. Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*SPOILER*

It's refreshing to know others hated Delita as much as I did. Because he didn't really cry out to be hated. He didn't want to destroy the world, he wasn't evil, pure evil or even downright mean. He was ambitious and bitter. He was ever Ramza's ally, given the choice.

But they did things differently. Ramza did heroism for justice, i.e. as he was raised to understand that a Beoulve should. He didn't do it for renown or reward or ambition.

Delita did heroism, but not for justice, he did it to prove that someone's birth did not limit their potential. And that if one were clever enough, manipulative enough, quick enough that you could be king. He was grasping and ambitious. And as I recall he died at the hands of Ovelia.

Of the two, Algus was right, Delita was no Beoulve. But Ramza was. ****in hated Delita.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    *SPOILER*

It's refreshing to know others hated Delita as much as I did. Because he didn't really cry out to be hated. He didn't want to destroy the world, he wasn't evil, pure evil or even downright mean. He was ambitious and bitter. He was ever Ramza's ally, given the choice.

But they did things differently. Ramza did heroism for justice, i.e. as he was raised to understand that a Beoulve should. He didn't do it for renown or reward or ambition.

Delita did heroism, but not for justice, he did it to prove that someone's birth did not limit their potential. And that if one were clever enough, manipulative enough, quick enough that you could be king. He was grasping and ambitious. And as I recall he died at the hands of Ovelia.

Of the two, Algus was right, Delita was no Beoulve. But Ramza was. ****in hated Delita.

-Sin
    What I thought he killed her? Or did they kill each other?

SPOILER!!:
    Ovelia kills Delita at the end. Stabs him, he sees it coming I believe.
    I liked Delita, he proved that it doesn't matter what your birth was, Commoner or Noble, anyone can do anything. I liked him for that reason.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    SPOILER!!:
    I liked Delita, he proved that it doesn't matter what your birth was, Commoner or Noble, anyone can do anything. I liked him for that reason.
    Why cuz he proved that a commoner can be a cut throat corporate sellout? You must love our leaders as well....

Delita is exactly whats wrong with people, like Hitler... Rising from obscurity to be a complete jackoff, if you respect his character you might as well read Mein Kampf while your at it... I stand by what I say, Delita was the biggest jerk in FF, worse than Seph and Kefka... They didn't play with women's emotions. I don't like any guy who brutalizes women and looks at atrocities like there necessary. You like that kind of character?

And I'm not whining about his character, he wasn't fun either, like Kefka... A fascist is suppose to be a fascist, not a faceless soldier with no personality. Delita is basically a dead corpse in my party at the beginning, a corpse with no gear whatsoever... So he sucks, and he's not a good character, Ramza stands out with his skills, Delita had nothing good... So he sucks in both regards, character and personality... A douche who def should of been offed badly in the end. I don't care if your rich or poor, if your a jackass you are a jackass. And I hope Ovelia stabbed the ap out of him cuz I wasn't really aware of what happened at the end, and I haven't beat it fully to much leveling to do, Deep dungeon is way better than end game.

OOC. Double post is frowned upon here. If you really feel compelled to add more to what you've previously said, use the edit button. It's why it's there.

IC: As stated before, Delita served a purpose. He rose through the ranks as your friend, and he depended on you for stability. When his sister died and he gained a source of power, Ramza in turn depended on him for assistance.

He uses your assistance, the gullibility of Ovelia, his Knight powers and the power he has from the others to influence everyone into what he thought was correct. And when the shit hit the fan, Delita was the one left standing to take the throne.

You would do it, I would do it, everyone would do it. If you was offered power, then offered satisfaction, then offered to exact your revenge and finally offered the throne, I know you'd take the chance. Yes, he was a douche-maluche, but he served his purpose.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    OOC. Double post is frowned upon here. If you really feel compelled to add more to what you've previously said, use the edit button. It's why it's there.

IC: As stated before, Delita served a purpose. He rose through the ranks as your friend, and he depended on you for stability. When his sister died and he gained a source of power, Ramza in turn depended on him for assistance.

He uses your assistance, the gullibility of Ovelia, his Knight powers and the power he has from the others to influence everyone into what he thought was correct. And when the shit hit the fan, Delita was the one left standing to take the throne.

You would do it, I would do it, everyone would do it. If you was offered power, then offered satisfaction, then offered to exact your revenge and finally offered the throne, I know you'd take the chance. Yes, he was a douche-maluche, but he served his purpose.
    Don't speak for me buddy, not everyone wants to be a despot. Given the choice of power I'd pick obscurity and peace.

Oh, so if I stab your sister in front of you, try to kill you myself, then reveal everything you've ever known is a lie, you wouldn't want revenge? You wouldn't come back at me, and instead smile and give me a pat on the back?

You are a human. I know exactly what you would do. You'd find some form of retribution like everyone else.

Which is why Delita is the prime example of humanity in FFT. He displays what every human does in their weakest moment, they break down, they fall apart, then they find a grain of hope to grasp, and use that to fuel their desires.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Oh, so if I stab your sister in front of you, try to kill you myself, then reveal everything you've ever known is a lie, you wouldn't want revenge? You wouldn't come back at me, and instead smile and give me a pat on the back?

You are a human. I know exactly what you would do. You'd find some form of retribution like everyone else.

Which is why Delita is the prime example of humanity in FFT. He displays what every human does in their weakest moment, they break down, they fall apart, then they find a grain of hope to grasp, and use that to fuel their desires.
    He got revenge, doesn't mean you take it our on friends and innocents. Nope wouldn't do it like that, besides if you live by the sword you die by the sword.

As for revenge, depends on how it happened, Algus died, and the ones who killed her where so soaked in a web of aristocratic dominance that normal people like you and me would really never be able to do shit, for real.

The truth is, people like Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin etc etc They are just like Delita, something bad happened to them, they got angry, and they took it out on the world. How noble right?

Besides I can hate on whatever character I want, if you like tyrants and douchebags by all means go ahead.

The continent that Final Fantasy Tactics takes place on is only a small portion of Ivalice. Yeah he was known throughout Ivalice but he didn't do that throughout ALL of Ivalice.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The continent that Final Fantasy Tactics takes place on is only a small portion of Ivalice. Yeah he was known throughout Ivalice but he didn't do that throughout ALL of Ivalice.
    I thought Delita became king later on.

Chief Inspiring Officer I don't like Delita. Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spoiler:
    He did become king (that part annoyed me, but I'm over it).

Delita is a bad guy. And for the purposes of being a villain, he is perfectly suited. I don't really have a problem with him... except for his greasy hair.
    Last edited by Cyanist; 03-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Blog Entries

Dang, I can see why that dude got banned, what a word I'd not say...

Anyway, yeah, Delita became King of Ivalice, but Ivalice is a small portion of FFT's world. Sure, it's the only part of the world you as a player explore, but there's much more.

You can actually take the map from FFXII and it's the same areas. Ordallia, Ivalice, Romanda (Which I don't recall in FFXII but I think it's twords the Tomb of Wraithwall...)

Point being, there's much more places in FFT's world.

In retrospect, Delita wasn't really a bad guy. He took out his anger on aristocracy, much like Robin Hood did. (Robin Hood being someone not generally concidered a "bad guy" ) It's probably due to his raisings really, I'd not say he was bad to the bone to begin with, I think it was growing up as basically a slave of the nobels. I don't blame him at all, wealthy people suck, he's in the right for wanting them all dead. xD

Elementalist I don't like Delita. IcyJJ's Avatar

I feel that Delita's motives became tainted after he joined the group from the church. He originally wanted to end the social class system and give commoners a better life. However, after he met Vormav, his quest for revenge against the nobles was changed from helping the commoners into helping himself gain power. He wanted to bring down the church from the inside while he used Ramza to attack them from the outside.

It just goes to show the character depth that some people may be noble (Ramza & Delita in Chapter 1), corruption may still happen to those with hearts set out for revenge.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

I always believed that the world in FFT was to the North West of FFXII's Continent.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I want to play a game. I don't like Delita. Zargabaath's Avatar

SPOILER!!:
    SPOILER!!:
    While I would like to think that she did kill him. I don't believe he dies. Reason being he is considered a great king in history's eyes. Suggesting that he ruled for some time. I don't think being king for a few days, weeks, months would give him that honor. His line(s) after getting stabbed doesn't help to clarify things. Is he saying his reward for all this is death or just getting stabbed by his "wife"? Interpretations. Duh-duh-duh!

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User I don't like Delita. Black_Cloud's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    SPOILER!!:
    While I would like to think that she did kill him. I don't believe he dies. Reason being he is considered a great king in history's eyes. Suggesting that he ruled for some time. I don't think being king for a few days, weeks, months would give him that honor. His line(s) after getting stabbed doesn't help to clarify things. Is he saying his reward for all this is death or just getting stabbed by his "wife"? Interpretations. Duh-duh-duh!
    SPOILER!!:
    Good point, but Delita could be considered a great king and hero by history simply for ending the Lion War, and bringing peace to the kingdom.

Delita was an awesome character because you hated him so much! That is how I feel anyway. You wanted to confront him, ask him why he did what he did and kill him all at the same time. I think as far as bad guys go, he was pretty great.

Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!