Thread: Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized?

Antidrall

Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized?

I recently remembered playing the original (in all it's non slow ass attack glory) Final Fantasy Tactics that one time I was stuck on the 2nd encounter with gaffgarion and I couldn't beat him for the life of me. it was only after my female geomancer Rosalind had died and me and my soldiers were unable to reach her due to the douchebaggery of the time mages. I realized that this would be my only chance to beat this skirmish. So when Rosalind sacrificed her life to become a crystal, my geomancer in training Sevrin picked up the crystal and gained all her powers. It was then that Sevrin's haste and high speed allowed him to save the rest of our fallen comrades and the monsters who murdered Rosalind in cold blood. It was since that fateful day, age 10 that I vowed that Rosalind's death would not be in vain. But I have regretted that day...For I will miss Rosalind in all her 16-bit, badass Geomancer glory... Rest in Peace Rosalind.........

So! Has anyone else here felt sad that one of their characters passed away?

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? chrono's Avatar
    in all honesty i save after every couple of battles just because of s**t like this. i am very sentimental and can not stand to have my allies be butchered on the field of battle.

and when it does happen i smash the idiot that did it and his squad with extreme prejudice and then reset then game.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Blog Entries
    If under the rare event that one of my characters ends up turning into a crystal, then I usually hit the reset button. I don't like losing the work and manhours I spend on getting my characters to high levels over one battle. Too much hassle in my opinion.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Zargabaath's Avatar
    I was fortunate enough to be able to revive my allies before they were crystalized, unlike poor Dajh in FF XIII . Was that random maybe. I never experienced the pain of losing a comrade on the battlefield but a few times their flames were close to being extinguished.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Antidrall
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I was fortunate enough to be able to revive my allies before they were crystalized, unlike poor Dajh in FF XIII . Was that random maybe. I never experienced the pain of losing a comrade on the battlefield but a few times their flames were close to being extinguished.

Wait, Final fantasy XIII? that's not out yet.

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized?
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrallx View Post
    Wait, Final fantasy XIII? that's not out yet.
    No, it isn't, but in one of the trailers for the game, it shows a character being crystalized.

With that being said, I have nothing else to add to the topic, because I haven't played any games of the FF tactics series.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Lorem Ipsum
    I always saved before every battle--it could really set you back if someone becomes crystallized.

Death Before Dishonor Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not sad, more like pissed off. In one of my battles Cloud died, I forgot and ignored him. He turned into a crystal, I was so pissed cause it took so damn long to get him, and then like that he is gone...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Do the elements trust you? Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Re: Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized?

I saved constantly and reset if one of my characters got crystalized it did happen to my black Mage once and I got really sad and mad too destroying the enemy after
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? kupo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorem Ipsum View Post
    I always saved before every battle--it could really set you back if someone becomes crystallized.
    same here. im still really early in the game (ramza's only at level 6) but ive already got a party that works pretty good for myself. and if one of them faints i usually just hit the restart button when their count gets down to '0' and i forgot to stock up on phoenix downs. im sure the restarting will lessen as i progress farther in the game, gain new characters, new jobs, and get use to the game overall. that game frustrates me like mad at times but its such a wonderful feeling when you clear a stage

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupo View Post
    same here. im still really early in the game (ramza's only at level 6) but ive already got a party that works pretty good for myself. and if one of them faints i usually just hit the restart button when their count gets down to '0' and i forgot to stock up on phoenix downs. im sure the restarting will lessen as i progress farther in the game, gain new characters, new jobs, and get use to the game overall. that game frustrates me like mad at times but its such a wonderful feeling when you clear a stage
    You're right, it gets a bit easier after you get through the initial first parts of the game. Just remember, Chemists are your friend .

It steps up a LOT though throughout the game, so always bring your A-game in every battle. You don't wanna start a character from scratch and resetting battles suck
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Treize's Avatar

There were only a few battles that I had trouble with and had a character die.

I guess I felt kind of sad because I knew that I had to start over, and I usually don't save that often, so I had a while to go before I would be back to where I was before my character turned into a crystal. It brought about more annoyance than sadness, though.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Depends, on how far I am in the game, and what other characters I have. The only time I will not restart the game to not let a character die is if it's a really really tough battle.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

parkour messenger extrodinaire Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Mokkan Brushtail's Avatar

I have not played the original tactics, put in tactics advance in a few areas you could lose characters if they died and you did not revive them at the end of the battle...
    The tale is of my viera white mage, caught seperated from my group in one of the jagds, she was cornered so no healing and the rest of my team was stuck due to a time mage getting a luck slow, and a defender blocking the exit...
    She knocked the thief out as he had only 10 hps left, and managed to get to the time mage and heal herself while stomping him down...then the defender got behind her...R.I.P. Noel you saved my hide.

I was a bit sad, she was one of my original start characters...then I ran into a viera white mage after one battle...named noel?!
    and then I just sort of left her behind my defender in training in battles after that.
    The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

From the darkest Shadows, I strike for truth!

My TFF family so far:
    my maniacal cousin, Morik the Rogue

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Toxo's Avatar

I always reset my game if any of my characters got crystalized. D: Unless I wanted to get rid of them on purpose and steal their (technically my) stuff.

Lali-hoe, I mean, ho!

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? xxpanzasanchoxx's Avatar

I wont usually let that happen, but I can get brutal when i buy a guy from the shop, build certain skills with him that someone else does not have and then let him die and take his abilities. If he has nothing equipped hell turn to a crystal everytime. Brutal eh?
    "I'm the leading man, and you know what they say about the leading man? He never dies." -Balthier

no cuz I don't let that happen EVER!!

Here to rock you like a hurricane Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Warrior of the World's Avatar

There were times when I had to send in a unit to go kamikaze to distract the enemy, but I usually came through to raise them from the dead...usually...
    And so now it comes to pass
    By the eventide on mass
    See them gather yet alas
    They remain still as stained class

For they know only too well
    That the story they will tell
    Conjures up an ageless spell
    Guarded by the sentinel

So it goes forevermore
    Ever steady to the core
    That the sign that they came for
    Waves majestic from the floor

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

I hated it when the main character dies... BECAUSE IT'S GAME OVER THAT'S WHY!!!! >< rage face...

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

more or less let alone I hated it when you work on a character you have been working on for a very long time dies and gets crystallized ><

I really didn't like when my ninja got crystalized.. I worked so hard getting him stronger =/

Registered User Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you ever been sad when one of your units crystalized... It almost seems like a loaded question, used to tell people who don't that they fail at life...but I dunno.

Anyway, I freak out if units crystalize. It doesn't have to be Orlandu or Mustadio or anyone important, I'll still freak. If ANY of my people crystalize, that's gg right there and I'll restart. Simple as that.

Elementalist Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? IcyJJ's Avatar

I am the same. Reset before crystal. I keep all the unique characters and have only three regular units. I make them at the beginning of the game after my wife and two best friends. As far as I am concerned, they are all unique. No one dies on my watch. More often than not, if one person dies, it will be because I have a bad party and it will be game over before someone turns to crystal anyways.

Skie's Dark Lady Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? SailorCallie's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Antidrall View Post
    I recently remembered playing the original (in all it's non slow ass attack glory) Final Fantasy Tactics that one time I was stuck on the 2nd encounter with gaffgarion and I couldn't beat him for the life of me. it was only after my female geomancer Rosalind had died and me and my soldiers were unable to reach her due to the douchebaggery of the time mages. I realized that this would be my only chance to beat this skirmish. So when Rosalind sacrificed her life to become a crystal, my geomancer in training Sevrin picked up the crystal and gained all her powers. It was then that Sevrin's haste and high speed allowed him to save the rest of our fallen comrades and the monsters who murdered Rosalind in cold blood. It was since that fateful day, age 10 that I vowed that Rosalind's death would not be in vain. But I have regretted that day...For I will miss Rosalind in all her 16-bit, badass Geomancer glory... Rest in Peace Rosalind.........

So! Has anyone else here felt sad that one of their characters passed away?
    I hate it when a party members becomes crystalized, even Ramza, so I reset the game and start over with different classes and/or tactics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

The Mad God Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I've always considered a casualty in any game a loss, so any time somebody dies in a game in which death can't be undone, I reset it. There are only flawless victories, and defeats. There is nothing in between.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Like everyone else here, I can't stand to see a character cyrstalized. You put so much work into a character, only to see them die. This is why I save before every battle.

Although, now that I think about this, I would like to do a play through with no resets allowed and the only time you save is when you are turning the game off for a long period of time. Hmm...

Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!

Consistently Average Have you ever felt sad when one of your characters gets crystalized? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's only happened to me once so far, and that was in my first battle. I had my two Chemists spread out on either side of the feild and then my female one got sucker punched by a Theif. At this point there is no way to revive dead characters, so she became a Leather Cap (lol that sounds like I skinned her). I was a little sad that I couldn't save her but afterwards I just switched my female Squire to a Chemist and now she's a White Mage. I haven't looked back since.

My Black Mage/Chemist died the other day, and as he was the only one able to use Pheonix Downs, I had no choice but to reset. But really If you keep your character's relatively close together and don't send one guy out on his lonesome, it's not hard to keep them alive or revive them if they die. It's all part of he strategy.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

well actually yes I was very sad,that's why I kept reseting the game = ( even thought it only happened twice.
    (well when I was a little girl I did that.)
    the only reason I kept doing it is because I didn't wanted to lose my ninja or samurai.
    worked very hard on getting them.