Thread: Hardest Boss PSX

Death Before Dishonor Hardest Boss PSX Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hardest Boss PSX

I found that the hardest boss on the PSX version was Wiegraf in Riovannes Castle. He was very difficult. Of course once you learn how to beat him it becomes easy. Then he morphs and he is easily beaten.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Re: Hardest Boss PSX

That battle at Lionel Castle gates or whatever against Gerigigagragraf.

Until i used my black chocobo's haha got 2 archers up top and made my ninja ramza do hit and runs. Fun times.

Death Before Dishonor Hardest Boss PSX Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^

that was hard for me, well not Ramza's part. The others. I hate going against Summoners.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Weigraf/Velius first battle always surprises me with how hard it actually is every time I play through the game. Because of that battle, I learned long ago never to save over my main save while not on the map (i.e. between consecutive story battles).

Gafgarion (the guy with the blood sword) used to be real tough battle when Ramza had to fight him alone on the other side of the wall. But after a tough battle try or two with him I solved it simply by getting a black chocobo to ferry Ramza away to help with other enemies then bringing some back-up later. In later games I became obsessed with all my character learning teleport so this battle became one of the simplest.

The latest battles I have found to be really tough are the battles with the assassin ladies outside the castle then inside the castle. They were one shotting everyone while their pet demons weakened everyone not being steamrolled yet.

sometimes the most unexpected story battles can cause me to hit a wall, other times I breeze by them.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Hokuten Knight Hardest Boss PSX

I don't think it counts as a boss battle at all, but the battle when you're fighting Elmdor and the two assassins on the roof. Oh dear, I remember one of my playthroughs, having saved just prior to it, going in and having Rafa(whom you have to protect) going first and then moving into range to be instantly killed next turn. I had to reload and try probably fifty times until she finally decided to retreat to the rest of my party. Was not a good time.

Chief Inspiring Officer Hardest Boss PSX Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guvan View Post
    I don't think it counts as a boss battle at all, but the battle when you're fighting Elmdor and the two assassins on the roof. Oh dear, I remember one of my playthroughs, having saved just prior to it, going in and having Rafa(whom you have to protect) going first and then moving into range to be instantly killed next turn. I had to reload and try probably fifty times until she finally decided to retreat to the rest of my party. Was not a good time.
    I recall that exact same battle. It was awful, I kept changing Ramza's job, trying to find some class they couldn't kill.
    But other than that, I hated Chuchilaine the impure. I had to reset the game and purchase ribbons for that fight.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Registered User Hardest Boss PSX HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Hardest Boss PSX?

Aside from Elmdore bugging me with blade grasp (And every other samurai with that ability for that matter), I can't really say I had any particular trouble with any boss fights.

Wiegraf in Riovanes cirtainly took me by surprise, and I'm pretty sure he beat my arss the first few times I fought him, but the difficuly of FFT is really not amped up too high. I don't think it's that bad...