Thread: FF Tactics Storyline

FF Tactics Storyline

I got FF Tactics for PSP, am really excited about trying it out and was wondering if the storyline is as deep as, say in FF4, 5 or 6? Also what are the new classes in this edition, as compared to the old one? Are there any other significant differences between the 2 PS versions?

Elementalist FF Tactics Storyline IcyJJ's Avatar

Re: FF Tactics Storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Odin1199 View Post
    I got FF Tactics for PSP, am really excited about trying it out and was wondering if the storyline is as deep as, say in FF4, 5 or 6? Also what are the new classes in this edition, as compared to the old one? Are there any other significant differences between the 2 PS versions?
    Where to begin...

Story: The story in this game is one of the deepest in all of Final Fantasy. Corruption, betrayal, friendship, love, and heartache. That is all just from one character. The story keeps you guessing as to who will be an ally and who will be an enemy.

Classes: The only class that they added to the game that can be used by all characters is the Dark Knight. They changed Gafgarion's class to Fell Knight. The Dark Knight has the same abilities as the old Dark Knight, where it drains HP or MP, but it also gives a few new abilities that are amazing. Finally, Ramza can be a class that uses Sword Magic.

Additions: There are some battles that are added to give the story some more depth and challenge. They also added a couple new characters that will join your party with unique classes.

Another bonus they did was make cutscenes with voice acting. It was a nice change to give a voice to Delita.

Sweet, this will be awesome.

You forgot the greatest class ever in any FF game with job classes that has this job.

It's called the Onion Knight. When fully max level the Onion Knight has the best stats, can use ANY ITEM. Sadly, no abilities.

Onion Knight gets it's levels increased by Mastering 12 Jobs.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User FF Tactics Storyline HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Noble fan's gushing.

I adore Final Fantasy Tactics to the point that it's my favorite of the FF games.

I thought War of the Lions' improvments over the original FFT were great. It improved cirtain aspects but didn't really change the game to dramatically. (Why fix what isn't broken, right?)

The cutscenes were quite epic in my opinion, but I'd have liked to see more of them. (Cause I've always wanted to know what Orlandu sounded like. xD) I felt that some parts should've had cutscenes just didn't. (Like in the begining when Ramza's father dies. Not really a spoiler, it's one of the first scenes...) Overall though, the best improvement in the game was the change in text. They switched it to a more accurate "ye olde english" kinda feel and it was pretty awesome.

Plus the multiplayer missions are a blast if you can get someone else at your level with a copy of the game.

The storyline is dramatic as all get out, but twords the end gets alittle wierd... (Comparing the begining stroy to the end I mean.) Not wierd for Final Fantasy though.