Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Job?

Death Before Dishonor Favorite Job? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite Job?

What was your favorite job in FFT for PSX, and why.

My favorite was Monk. The reason is because of Hamedo. When ever something attacks you, you get to strike first. This comes in handy in a number of battles.

This is not limited to jobs Ramza can use, this means if you are a fan of a special class(holy knight, enigneer, divine knight) you can use them.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Re: Favorite Job?

Red Mage cause they should have put that job in FFT.

Other then that, Time Mage is probably my most used class in the game. Meteor? Haste? Slow? Don't Move? Demi? gg

Oh yeah forgot....Short Cast.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-24-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Favorite Job? Myst's Avatar

I loved using the Ninja. Ninja/Monk class was great if I remember. Well most things combined with a monk was good I think. Been awhile since I played.

- Im talking about the first FFT game. On the PS1/PSP.

- My webcomic. Rated 17+ - Containing swears and adult humour. And Dungeons and Dragons. Careful.

Registered User Favorite Job? Sharpshooter's Avatar

my favourite job for a physical fight would be a knight with the dual wield ability on
    as for mages, black mage rules all, but igotta say holy was my favourite spell in the game

Knights=Geomancers>Lancers>Ninja

Of coarse i would always diversify my team though.

Basically every character would have similar skills though

Secondary skill: Varies, this would change per playthrough and per character
    Reaction skill: (the one where you attack BEFORE they do, can't remember the name) or MP restore for magic users
    Support ability: Dual wield for knights, Equip swords for Ninjas, varies for other classes
    Movement skill: Teleport (always the most annoying to earn because i don't like actually using time mages, but worth it to ignore height and quickly advance around things)

Knights are just increadibly strong in this game and they can equip most anything. Geomancers are basically knights just with a better primary skill still but as good support skills. Lancers are strong and have good armor, thier attack range prevents counters but jump is only situationally good. Ninjas are fast and can always attack twice.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Shikashake2

Samurai, probably. It's abilities are some of my favorites to use, and I loved Dual wield with some of the stronger weapons, such as Masamune. Giving them martial arts is nice as well, makes for a decent (almost) cost-free, MP free healer who is still effective in other pursuits, especially compared to Chemists or White Mages.

HP is a bit lacking though.

Registered User Favorite Job? Selcopa's Avatar

Lancers/Dragoons, obviously for me. I did like Samurai alot as well though, good ole FFXI was a dream come true, making Dragoon/Samurai a viable job spec,

I love using the Ninja class. Being that quick and that powerful is pretty cool

I always liked the geomancer but i never ever used it, like it seemed really cool but just too hard to level up and shit.

Man im gonna go get an emu and rom right now for this.

maefreak

For shear power for close cmbat I would say a knight and have him be able to wield two weapons. And for some reason O am obsessed with snipers. No matter what battle I love snipers or archers. I feel useless without having at least one.

Death Before Dishonor Favorite Job? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maefreak View Post
    For shear power for close cmbat I would say a knight and have him be able to wield two weapons. And for some reason O am obsessed with snipers. No matter what battle I love snipers or archers. I feel useless without having at least one.
    Knights are excellent. The best is when you use the PSX glitch and get two excaliburs and equip both to Ramza. He is a Hasted, powerful motherf*cker after that.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I loved using the Ninja. Ninja/Monk class was great if I remember. Well most things combined with a monk was good I think. Been awhile since I played.

- Im talking about the first FFT game. On the PS1/PSP.

How did you utilize the ninja and monk? I mean ninja with equipt swords seems to be best and you cant use monks martial art unless you have no weapon equipt right?

Summoner, Ninja, Lancer, Knight, Bard, Dancer, White Mage, Black Mage and Holy Knight are my favorites.

Registered User Favorite Job? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would have to say that one you have the equipment on WOTL, Onion Knights are amazing! No ablilities yeah, but still the most ridiculous attack power.

I always found Beowulf's class Temple Knight to be very usefull aswell. And, with his snipe skill as secondary, mustadio is an awesome archer.

Antidrall

I found the knight would absolutely rip apart the opposition if you gave him speed boosting equipment, speed save, Jump, and equip gun.

I must say that my favorite class between archer and black mage. Those to alone being able to attack from far and doing crazy damage to the enemies.

___________ Favorite Job? Kyreaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    ...on WOTL, Onion Knights are amazing! No ablilities yeah, but still the most ridiculous attack power.
    That was also a good one when I got WOTL as my second version.

I had a few favorites.
    The first one that comes to mind is mastering the Samurai class, equip Blade Grasp/Two Hands/Move+2, and change class into either a Lancer or Oracle. The katana spirit abilities were based off of magic attack power, so an Oracle weilding a pole weapon with Two Hands ability was one of the deadliest combos I've come up with. Doing the same as a Lancer was 'I kill you. Here's some 999.' I've also done characters who mastered the Ninja and changed into a Knight with Blade Grasp/Two Swords/Move+2. This allowed Break skill done twice. Blade Grasp worked like a charm. It even caught arrows and bullets for me.
    Then, there was the infamous Dancer combo. I did this with whichever regular female warrior. The first ability I got was Ignore Height. I followed that with Short Charge (TimeMage) and Invisible counter (Ninja). The idea was to start dancing, and when she ever got hit, she becomes invisible. The dancing doesn't stop. She keeps going and stays hidden from everyone. If you pick a different action, that's when she becomes no longer invisible. I loved it. I kept using the dance that changes status ailments. I was using Byblos if I wasn't using my Dancer.
    There was also my FFT Bard Takes Away All The Fun combo. This is when I took magic spells with the Calculator class all learned Math Skill and placed Ramza on Auto. He either shot Flare or Holy (ended up stronger than Flare) and took out all the fun from the game. The Bard class had high enough magic attack that I never needed to worry about it. Later on, I switched back and forth to Summoner because of the espers and stronger magic.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I like Dragons/Monks and pretty much tough, physical jobs. Although I do like Summoners alot, too.

Boxer of the Galaxy Favorite Job? Rowan's Avatar

I liked being a ninja so I could learn the 'dual wield' ability, then after that it does matter what job you take, being able to equip two weapons and attack twice makes most job classes death dealers. I liked always having a gladiator and a templar in my party. Id say those are my two favorites.

Scourge of Esthar Favorite Job? CrazedMonkey's Avatar

Lancer. I've had a fondness for spears, and the jump ability was pretty cool once you really got it going. Too bad you couldn't unlock Holy Knight, that would've been cool.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Passing fair judgement Favorite Job? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Ninja, definitely a ninja, the doublesword technique is invaluable.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

The Onion Knight as seen in Version 1.3 is so epic. I wish she was a character in normal FFT.

It's just like the first onionknight, except her ability to use all weapons armor and accesory's takes up her primary skill, leaving all other slots to be filled by anything she's already mastered.

That's just epic!

On FFT:WoTL you can fight a battle with only onion knights and they all actually have abilities and they are almost unstopable!

Onion Knight + Abilities = Heaven.
    (Plus I like having Armored Gunners, would be a great way to make a good Tanking chemist.)

TFF's Resident Messenger Favorite Job? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am not too far into the game yet. In fact, I started over because I got too frustrated. But as far as what I have seen so far, well, here's the list of what I have seen...

Squire, Knight, Monk, Archer, Chemist, Priest, Wizard, Lancer, Geomancer, Mediator, Time Mage, Summoner, Thief, Oracle

Out of these, my favorite would be the Chemist. I like how the Chemist can throw items at the other allies, where everyone else as to be right next to an ally.

I am really excited about seeing the Mime, Dancer, and Bard jobs though. I loved them in Final Fantasy V.

I will update and edit my post as I come across more.

UPDATE on October 24, 2011: Chemist sucks! My new favorite job is Lancer. I like how the Lancer can attack from a distance and Jump like Freya in Final Fantasy IX. It's too bad that to get the really good jump distances, you have earn SO many JP.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 10-24-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Chief Inspiring Officer Favorite Job? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The chemist job can be lifesaving, but what to do with him in the meantime? I mastered one of my guys in the knight ability and turned him into a chemist, with the gun equipped he can now break weapons (if it's a monster opponent I use break power) from very far away. But now he can't be bothered to heal anyone. He's one bad chemist
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Star of the FF Show Favorite Job? Rising Star's Avatar

Never underestimate the power of the Black mage

Here to rock you like a hurricane Favorite Job? Warrior of the World's Avatar

My personal favorite was the Lancer.
    And so now it comes to pass
    By the eventide on mass
    See them gather yet alas
    They remain still as stained class

For they know only too well
    That the story they will tell
    Conjures up an ageless spell
    Guarded by the sentinel

So it goes forevermore
    Ever steady to the core
    That the sign that they came for
    Waves majestic from the floor

Dark Knight(from the remake)

Lancer(from the OG version)

Registered User Favorite Job? TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

I love the Cross classing, personally a Paladin with Ninja Double Sword ability is the BEST

Blog Entries

Personally, I don't much care for double sword... When you lack a shield and can't block stuff that really gets in the way. (Same reason I don't like using monks much..)

I mean, it's fine if you can buff them with protect and stuff but no shield is a bad fight waiting to happen.

I guess a good mantle can make up for it, but that's just not enough for me. I'm used to rocking my lancer with a feather mantle, abandon, and a crystal shield.

Elementalist Favorite Job? IcyJJ's Avatar

Dark Knight is up there because I can have Ramza and my three created characters use Sword Magic. I love the Geomancer and their Nature's Wrath ability because I can counter attacks from up to 5 spaces away and leave status effects. I usually just run around with four dark knights, all with Nature's Wrath, and then have one with White, Black, Time, and Summon Magic. At this point, there isn't anything that can stop me.

Oh yeah, the 5th slot is usually a Blue Dragon so I can run around and blast people with Ice Breath.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast