Thread: Expectations..

Registered User Expectations.. Yesha's Avatar

Expectations..

Just played this, a couple of hours ago..

I already heard many good reviews about this game so I'm happy that I got it for Nintendo DS recently and I tried it.

It was fun, just got passed the intro and tutorial. My mission was to find Penelo, then I quit. Not because I didn't like it but I was playing another game before it so I decided to pass FFXII and play it another time.

So, once I play it again.. I expect it to be more fun, and have a quite interesting story.. I know it wouldn't surpass FFXII (in PS2) but at least it would live by it's name.. :-)

The intro was cool, there was the airship.. and then the battle with a slime-like monster.. hehe!

So what was your expectations when you first heard and played this game?
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User Expectations.. Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Expectations..

I quit playing cuz it's a boring game, the only thing XII had in my opinion was the battle mode, without that it's a terrible game.
    The battle mode in this game is stupid with all those summons and you have to go back and get more summons otherwise it's game over.

Also i liked Vaan and Penelo the least so i game with them as main characters is not interesting at all

Death Before Dishonor Expectations.. Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I gotta admit this was an awful game. I quit playing immediately. Didn't like it at all.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I want to play a game. Expectations.. Zargabaath's Avatar

My expectations for this game when I first heard about it???? Well I expected that SE would do an ok job with this game; this would be one of their first RTS-like games - and for a handheld - so I was not expecting it to be great. I expected that the story wouldn't be as good as the original game (to me), since sequels have a really hard time pulling that off.

As for expectations for when I played the game? Do you mean my thoughts on the game? Anyhuma, I liked it for the most part. The controls could have used some work; trying to select a single unit when a battle is fierce and clustered is very difficult, however I circumnavigated that problem by always selecting the unit leader. I kept certain units to certain "unit leaders" therefore I had better control of my units. If I wanted to use a specific ability for a higher tiered summon it was easy since they tended to be bigger (i.e., easier to select).

Story took some time to starting churning and before that it was "meh"; the characters were done well enough. I liked how they made Balthier's actions ambiguous at first and the added lore for Ivalice was a bonus. The new lore made the Occuria look like even more meddle-some kids - except w/o the dog - that needed to get the f**k off stage.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I was expecting that this game would have an easier way to level up. And this game does. The final mission. Just keep failing and you get about 9500 EXP. For everyone that took part. The reserves would get about 4500 EXP.

.ethereal.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFantasy12 View Post
    I was expecting that this game would have an easier way to level up. And this game does. The final mission. Just keep failing and you get about 9500 EXP. For everyone that took part. The reserves would get about 4500 EXP.
    Yea, I thought this aspect of the game was odd. I was very surprised the first time I failed a mission. The Game Over screen came up... and then I still got experience. Not complaining, but it was just odd to me Lol. It's nice cause it sort of keeps you a little bit from getting stuck if you don't have any side missions to level up on and you don't feel like repeating old missions.