Thread: After mastering a job

After mastering a job

What should i be doing with them? Should i take advantage of having mastered a job or should i move them on to something new.

This is my knight thats just mastered it and im not sure.

Blog Entries

Re: After mastering a job

It depends on what version of the game you're playing and what you mean by mastering.

If you're just playing the PSX version, mastering a job doesn't really do too much for you other than giving you a full set of abilities from that class. However, getting classes up to Job Level 8 is very important, as having certain Job Levels in different classes unlocks new classes. If you're playing the PSP version, totally Mastering a class helps with unlocking and powering up two classes exclusive to the game, Dark Knight and Onion Knight.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Death Before Dishonor After mastering a job Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keep on mastering different jobs that way you can use the skills from more than one job, this makes for a very powerful warrior.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Im on the PS verison, using an emulator and ROM.

both my knight and archer are mastered now. just dont know what to do with them now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micar View Post
    Im on the PS verison, using an emulator and ROM.

both my knight and archer are mastered now. just dont know what to do with them now
    Change classes. Changing to a Chemist would be a good idea, they're self sufficent with being able to heal themselves if you have potions, AND having a high Job Level for Chemist is important because it's a foundation job that a lot of other classes require, so max it out too!
    Last edited by Rocky; 10-17-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Alright i think leveling a chemist is a good idea for pheonix down and hi potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Change classes. Changing to a Chemist would be a good idea, they're self sufficent with being able to heal themselves if you have potions, AND having a high Job Level for Chemist is important because it's a foundation job that a lot of other classes require, so max it out too!
    I don't think chemists are that important as a class to actually keep on your team...once they start using guns they are better but still not great. having a chemist early in games is a must but i find as the game goes on there are much better options to heal players. White mages and summoners are better i find for more permanent job placings but even then they are not necessary. Unless someone is going for a mime job, Chemists only need to be level 4 at most.

Having all characters learning the 3-4 potions and pheonix down abilities is important but it is not always needed. Generally I can get by with 2 or three people having items as their secondary ability if I have no healer at all but generally I make a white mage or a summoner my main healer with "throw item" learned. With a summoner as a healer there is no downtime and they can also unleash some destruction, white mage is the super healer that can really pick up a team in one turn.

Anyways more on topic, for the PS1 version, if you want to keep exploring classes, yea switch it up so it dosn't get boring, there is no long term benifit for keeping a character mastered in one job for a long time. Interesting jobs to master are Geomancer (to give long range magical side effect damage in any terrain), Knights and Monks have good side abilities (reaction and support abilities), Thief is great to mess with the enemy and steal important items (better as a secondary class/ability) and time mages teleport movement ability is awesome (I'm obsessed with it, but use it wisely)
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Registered User After mastering a job xxpanzasanchoxx's Avatar

I find all the abilities I want to equip with that person then after aquiring them, change him or her to the final class you want and master that...Usually i tend to become a perfectionist and master all the classes but its really not that necessary
    "I'm the leading man, and you know what they say about the leading man? He never dies." -Balthier