Thread: Your best FFXIII line-up

Registered User Your best FFXIII line-up Melsaphim's Avatar

Your best FFXIII line-up

Hi everyone, i'm currently working through FFXIII . i've attempted to play through this game several times (i think 6 now) and have always gotten stuck on the first encounter with Barthandalus. However this time i soldiered on past him and am now deep into chapter 10, having just met Cid again ^.^

My query is this though, now i have the option to change around my battle line-up as i see fit what is the best combo that you guys found. I'm currently working with the guides suggestion of Fang, Lightning and Hope but it doesnt seem to be working well for me, Fang seems to be a severe weak link in this group on my game. she is always the first to die it seems no matter how hard i try to keep her alive. I wondered if snow would make a better 'sentinel' type for the group instead of fang or does fang hold the advantage in the commando role over snow?

What line-ups did you guys use during the game once you reached the point of being able to choose??

cheers
    Mels

All is One.One is All. Your best FFXIII line-up Firefly's Avatar

Re: Your best FFXIII line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Melsaphim View Post
    I'm currently working with the guides suggestion of Fang, Lightning and Hope

^This was my group for my entire gameplay(that I could pick and choose ). My main was Lightning(Commando almost always and when in dire need I used her as my Sentinel). I never really had any major problems except for one boss battle,but it was actually where I hadn't progressed far enough into my Crystarium and not gotten some much needed HP and abilities. Fang was mostly a Commando and Saboteur when I needed the debuffs. Hope was always my healer unless I needed some buffs with my Synergist(is that how you spell it? ).

-Anyway,I honestly don't know whether or not Snow is better than Fang or if it's the other way around. If you want to keep Fang in,I recommend 'leveling' and getting her some Crystarium points and seeing if that's the answer. If not,try Snow then. Sorry I am not much help,but good luck to ya! :]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Your best FFXIII line-up

I ran with Fang/Lightning/Hope as well, and the only time I really had any trouble with Fang being my Sentinel was in the one mission where you get a growth egg as a reward. Switched out Fang with Snow since he had a higher HP at the time, and was fine.

For the story-based stuff, I never felt the need to really use anyone else up until the final battle, where Vanille's Death spam was a freaking God-send for me. ^^

Maybe you could try running with Lightning as your main, since you said it was Fang who was your weak one? Worth a shot until you get your characters' Crystarium levels up.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Your best FFXIII line-up EmperorLeo's Avatar

I ran Fang/Lightning/Hope as well as everyone else here, but I had probably died against him 10 times before I switched Fang out for Snow and basically left him a sent the whole battle. I had such a hard time against him because I would buff up/buff down/heal then fight, but he cancels de-buffs and your buffs, so that strategy was out the window. He also just did too much damage for me to keep up with healing unless I wanted three healers, which didn't work with Fang and she wasn't build up enough as a Sent because I always dumped into Commando/Sab for her while Snow was always the first to max out Sent. If you're really having problems, try putting Snow in your team for this one battle. I know I had to do it that way. It wasn't a pretty battle, and I'm pretty sure I was vastly under leveled for there as well.