Thread: What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review?

The Old Skool Warrior What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review?

As some of you are already aware, I'm doing a review for Lightning Returns, to be posted prior to launch the morning the game is released. Under embargo, I cannot discuss specifics regarding the game at this time, but I wanted to know what types of things you guys would be interested in seeing in a review.

Given that this will be TheFinalFantasy's first official pre-launch review, I want to incorporate as many things that you would like to see as is reasonable. I am open to all suggestions, but please do not be offended if I do not address something in my review. (We can always address them as discussion points when the topic is posted next Tuesday!)
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Registered User What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review? Sheechiibii's Avatar
    The one thing I want to know is if the story makes sense. Are all the seemingly strange things explained (like Hope's age, Noel/Snow fighting Lightning etc)? Also, is it a good conclusion to the story, does it wrap up all the loose ends or are we left wondering what happened to some characters? Looking forward to the review anyway

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Probably a bit late on this but I am curious to know how much the timer actually matters. Is it pretty under the gun or is there plenty of time to get to a point where you can be powerful enough to beat the end game?

The Old Skool Warrior What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With the Chronostasis ability, you can pause the clock. It's certainly possible to beat the game without it if you are ruthlessly efficient, but utilizing it will make your life much more convenient, and make the game more enjoyable.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

The Quiet One What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can abuse the ability Chronostasis to the point where it completely renders the sense of urgency and time meaningless. During my first playthrough I literally played the same in game hour for like 10 hours. You just have to fight. This is on Normal that I was playing on, if you play on Easy it is even easier to maintain as you would not need to fight twice as much as I did.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review? Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Is it possible to do all the sidequests on the one playthrough or is a second playthrough necessary?

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

The Quiet One What kind of information would YOU like to see in a review? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can complete all but one of the side-quests in a single playthrough because it is a branch quest. You have to pick a choice and it will unlock a different route in the side-quest. Aside from that, all of them can be completed.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner