Thread: So I just beat XIII-2....

Have your eyes been opened? So I just beat XIII-2.... Nehi's Avatar

So I just beat XIII-2....

The ending to this game was just...wow. I think two words could describe it: Kafkaesque Paradox.

What are your thoughts on this games ending? Personally, I now understand WHY Lightning returns is a much needed sequel. I mean, I literally had my jaw dropping about twice. (Can you guess which two parts made my jaw drop?)

The Quiet One So I just beat XIII-2.... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Leaving out the spoilers, I'm pretty sure I have a good idea. But yes, XIII-2 ended on a pretty massive cliffhanger and a huge "To be continued..." pasted all over it. Which is certainly an unusual thing to see in any sort of FF, which are known for having finality to their games, mostly at least. Enough to feel like you've reached a satisfying enough conclusion, even if you want more. It was clear when they made XIII-2 that they planned to have a third game, that's not the case for when they made XIII. They might of had ideas on directions to go, but aside from the mythos of the world not being well explained, there was closure for the characters. But since you've finished XIII-2, if you've been following some of the stuff on Lightning Returns, the things happening in there probably make a little more sense now.

Also remember Lightning Returns takes place 500 years after the ending of XIII-2, which takes place 500 years after XIII (I had to go check when Academia was, which is where the ending is based from). It's a little nuts to think about, but a 1000 years have passed since Lightning saved Cocoon. A long time to wait to return.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User So I just beat XIII-2.... Sang Hee's Avatar
    I've already seen the ending of Lightning Returns and gotta say it was awesome and hope its events will eventually make it to FF15 but 13-2's ending was fine for me. It's Final Fantasy, you can't be sure of anything. Just enjoy the moment.