Thread: similarity between the character form FF XII and FF XIII

Registered User similarity between the character form FF XII and FF XIII jd4's Avatar

Arrow similarity between the character form FF XII and FF XIII

Is it just me or is it because I only played Final Fantasy I (on PSP), Fanal Fantasy XII (on PS2) and final fantasy XIII (X360)

But when I started playing FF 13, it seemed to me that the FF 13 characters reminded me to the FF12 characters...

Hope made me think of Vaan
    Vanille made me think of Penelo
    Lightning and Ashe also seemed as 1 person to me...

Is it just me? What do you think?

Registered User similarity between the character form FF XII and FF XIII

Re: similarity between the character form FF XII and FF XIII

When you play a few more FF games, you'll start to see that many characters do seem to fall in the same recurring archetype.

The FF Wiki has a nice list of many Final Fantasy characters, and the archetype that they fall into. Take a look if you want. I thought it was an interesting read: User:Kaimi/Character Archetypes - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User similarity between the character form FF XII and FF XIII jd4's Avatar

thanks a lot for the link... this is really funny. Don't they have enough inspiration, or are the characters just soooo goood...

Final fantasy characters do fall into archetypes like Dodie16 said but I didn't see the characters really match up the way you said.

First of all, cardboard cutouts could have more personality than most of FF12's cast (besides Baltheir and maybe Penelo).

I didn't see Ashe and Lightning as anything alike, Lightning seemed so much more stoic and determined than ashe ever was. Ashe would only show flickers of being determined or strong willed while Lightning kept that going for most of her journey in a way almost opposite of Ashe with slight flickers of being afraid or undetermined.

Between hope and Vaan, this is probably the only instance where I will give vaan the win on anything. Not because Vaan was great or a good character whatsoever but only because Hope was such a pain to listen too or to ever have around. Vaan was a moronic kid with wonders while Hope was a whiney story-useless drag to have around.

Vanille and Penelo I can roughly see as being similar. Again FFXIII's Vanille has a personality that could crush it's FFXII's peppy girl equivalent, Panelo, but at least on a comparably similar personality field. Panelo seems more tame in her "energetic" (using that generously) curiosity and wonder than Vanilles excessive, speech impediment filled, bordering on idiotic scenes but in the end Vanille is important while Panelo is barely (if at all).

To me, along with the "tough solitary guy" Archetype, the peppy overly Japanese-like (in a way is actually creepy that they sexualize a mid-teen girl this much) emphasized, cute girl are the most consistent archetypes used in the FF franchise. Be it Yuffie, selphie (? I don`t play FF8 much), Eiko, Rikku, Panelo or Vanille the young peppy girls story-purpose always seems to come second to being (pixalated) eye-candy for nerds to fantasize about and it seems Square/FF knows this and shamelessly continues it.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightening was so because she was fighting for her sister, and so had something to fight for. Ashe wasn't as determined, but showed it every now and then because she'd lost hope of ever claiming the throne to her Kingdom, and was very confused after her father and husband's death. They were both fighting for completely different things, and I think even Lightening showed signs of being lost in XIII.

I could see the same character with those two... their clothes seem a little similar too, colour wise.

Anyone else see a Zell in Snow? Zell seemed like the skater type, and Snow a surfer dude...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.