View Poll Results: Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!

3 60.00%
  • I don't care / Meh

1 20.00%
  • Hell no!

1 20.00%

Thread: Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System?

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System?

Hello TFF This has been in my mind for a while now and I decided it was time to ask the people what they thought on this subject. So, the question is: Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System?

My answer would be yes! Summons are my favourite part about an FF game. Getting to call down beasts of unfathomable might to decimate your foes in an epic way? Hell yeah, sign me up! What are your thoughts on this? Please select your answer on the poll and tells us your thoughts. Thanks in advance Sincerely Yours, ~Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima~

*Edit: Current Summon System Idea = Odin Returns to help out Lightning, but this time, Odin is customizable through Lightning's equipment/setup. Odin's look and abilities change depending on what Lightning wears and what her battle setup is like. If you wish to elaborate on this idea, go ahead

*2nd Edit: Odin also should have new and improved abilities along with some of his older ones.
    Last edited by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima; 04-24-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

The Old Skool Warrior Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I said no and I have a good reason.

When you say "summon system," that leads me to infer multiple summons. No! FFXIII taught us that there was one Eidolon for each of the six characters who were playable. It stands to reason that Lightning could only summon Odin because he appeared to her as her guide. It would be nice to see her be able to summon him, but I feel it would break what little continuity remains if Lightning could summon multiple Eidolons.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post

When you say "summon system," that leads me to infer multiple summons. No! FFXIII taught us that there was one Eidolon for each of the six characters who were playable. It stands to reason that Lightning could only summon Odin because he appeared to her as her guide. It would be nice to see her be able to summon him, but I feel it would break what little continuity remains if Lightning could summon multiple Eidolons.
    Well, that was one possibility of what I meant by summon system. It would be nice if Odin were to make a reappearance, but maybe with more abilities, or something. Or an upgraded look, maybe tied to what garb she wears? These are all possibilities to consider.

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~

^^^

The Old Skool Warrior Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we're talking about the concept of Odin alone, then absolutely yes. All of the yes.

Eidolon abilities differing based upon the equipment and style setup is an even better idea. I feel like this is now a requirement for LR.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    If we're talking about the concept of Odin alone, then absolutely yes. All of the yes.

Eidolon abilities differing based upon the equipment and style setup is an even better idea. I feel like this is now a requirement for LR.
    Thanks for the support on that one, I just came up with that now after considering what you said.

^^^

Memento Rhapso Should FFXIII: LR have a Summon System? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But we also have to take into consideration that
    SPOILER!!:
    At the end of XIII-2, Pulse and Valhalla became one. This can be seen in the new screenies of LR as well, that the map is a cluster**** of locations from both worlds. My point with this is that if Caius was Bahamut's chosen one in Valhalla but acquired him during his time on Pulse, yet Fang is also Bahamut's chosen one, who is to say that if an Eidolon can have multiple chosen ones, why can't chosen ones be helped by multiple Eidolons? Or perhaps since Caius was messing with the timestream and also became one with Bahamut, the rule doesn't apply to him? It's all speculation. They may also toss out all of the old rules, too, since along with the worlds becoming screwy, Light has changed alliances with the gods. So you've got me beat, but I feel like a full fledged multi-Eidolon summon system is feasible.

However, one centric Eidolon system with upgrades would be amazing. Especially since I've seen no screenies with other party members. How is that going to work? Will Odin have to be summoned all the time in order to make battles not drag on for thirty hours? If so, the system you guys are discussing would be vital. But now I'm super excite for this game again so I guess we will find out in a few months.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viral View Post
    But we also have to take into consideration that
    SPOILER!!:
    At the end of XIII-2, Pulse and Valhalla became one. This can be seen in the new screenies of LR as well, that the map is a cluster**** of locations from both worlds. My point with this is that if Caius was Bahamut's chosen one in Valhalla but acquired him during his time on Pulse, yet Fang is also Bahamut's chosen one, who is to say that if an Eidolon can have multiple chosen ones, why can't chosen ones be helped by multiple Eidolons? Or perhaps since Caius was messing with the timestream and also became one with Bahamut, the rule doesn't apply to him? It's all speculation. They may also toss out all of the old rules, too, since along with the worlds becoming screwy, Light has changed alliances with the gods. So you've got me beat, but I feel like a full fledged multi-Eidolon summon system is feasible.

However, one centric Eidolon system with upgrades would be amazing. Especially since I've seen no screenies with other party members. How is that going to work? Will Odin have to be summoned all the time in order to make battles not drag on for thirty hours? If so, the system you guys are discussing would be vital. But now I'm super excite for this game again so I guess we will find out in a few months.
    So, what I am hearing is your for either the multiple Eidolon idea or the lone Eidolon? That's cool. I just came up with some more ideas to tie in with Odin being the only Eidolon in the game. Not sure if people would like it, but it doesn't hurt to put it out there I guess. I was thinking that maybe Odin can gain new abilities/equipment through quests/missions designated specifically as a special Eidolon quest line that is made for when you find, or have the Odin Eidolith. You can start the quest line as soon as you receive the Eidolith, unless you start with it, then I guess that works too. Would this be a good idea as well? Or would it be better with the first idea? Also, I was thinking that Odin could be fully customizable and upgradable. What do you guys think?

^^^