Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

Blog Entries

OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

okay, on the way back from work I stopped at my local gamestop and put my moneys down on this game. As we speak, I am dusting off all the cords and junk to hook up my xbawks360 to stuff and am getting pretty pumped for a new game, one I've been in anticipation for.

ANYWAY, just decided to make this thread, go here to talk about general tips and progress and how everyone is doing. Keep the spoilers to a minimum though. If you insist on saying something, use the spoil tags!

Good gaming everyone, I'll be back to reply in this thread once I get it.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Quiet One OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

I guess you beat me to it. I was planning making a progress thread, but don't need to worry about it anymore

Anyway, here is my progress before I go to sleep tonight. I'm on Episode 3 Part 1, I sort of accidentally went into Part 2 and got stuck in a boss fight I couldn't win. So I found Part 1. I've got 6 time places unlocked so far.

Serah is Commando 15, Ravager 31, Sentinel 12 and Saboteur 18 with 5 ATB. I wanted the bars more than Medic or Synergist at the moment.

Noel i Commando 29, Ravager 18, Sentinel 18, Synergist 11 with 5 ATB as well.

I have a bunch of monsters so far, but I won't go into all of them. Currently using Cait Sith lv 18, Garchimacera lv 15 and Gandayaks Lv 10. I'm trying to level up my other monsters to Infuse them, but it is taking time. I've got a Hoplite and Pulse Knight to 20.

I'm at 13/160 Fragments and 9131 gil at 6:18 hours.

I'm having a blast!
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

No one else playing the game? I've reached Episode 4 now.

Well I've finished unlocking the rest of the roles for Serah and Noel. Serach is Com 33, Rav 50, Sen, 12, Sab 18, Syn, 8 and Med 15. Noel is Com 47, Rav 23, Sen 18, Sab 8, Syn 18 and Med 22. Interestingly it looks like Noel is better at Medic, at least he gets more skills and earlier ones than Serah does for whatever reason.

I'm currently using Cait Sith 21, Flanbanero 15 and Scutar 11 as my monsters. Trying to decide on what I'm going to infuse.

I'm at 24/160 Fragments, 21505 Gil and 12:06 hours.

Blog Entries

Current status: 9hr 54min into the game. Just had the first fight with the main antagonist. 18/160 Fragments collected.

I'm pretty confused on what and how much to raise Noel/Sarah in their roles. Currently I have:

Sarah/Noel
    Com- 8/62
    Rav- 60/2
    Sen- 1/40
    Sab- 11/6
    Syn- 2
    Med- 30

So yeah. And all the bonus stuff you can get from maxing the crystarium seems so good, but idk what to get at the time lol. I got both their ATBs at level 5 so far, should I get roles figured out next, then more accessory capacity?

Monsters I'm using: Miniflan, Cait Sith and Spiceacilian.

But yeah, I'm really loving the story so far. Gonna take a break for the night though!

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Kaiden's Avatar

The opening movie is awesome, and the very first fight was amazing but that is all the time I've had to play so far. Haven't even made it out of the house as Serah yet.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Got to the 2nd chapter last night. The cut scenes are beautiful, everything's beautiful. I think the music themes are a little less memorable than the first. I do like that you can grind a little more effectively and there's side quests. Makes for a more interesting FFXIII game.

SPOILER!!:

The story so far reminds me of Chronotrigger. Which I LOVE.

Boxer of the Galaxy OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Rowan's Avatar

Does the crystarium cap out before certain chapters like in 13?

Blog Entries

No, not for Sarah and Noel. The cost to level up a role gradually increases, but there is no cap.

For the monsters however, there kind of is. They need items to level up instead of CP, and once they hit a certain level, they need a higher "grade" of items to continue their crystarium growth, and you can only get these items as the game progresses. (basically, you wont be getting a 5 star monster item at the first chapter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    No, not for Sarah and Noel.
    So im going to assume the only 2 permanent playable characters are going to be serah and noel whilst everyone else will just play a supporting role in which they will only be temporary playable characters, if that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    So im going to assume the only 2 permanent playable characters are going to be serah and noel whilst everyone else will just play a supporting role in which they will only be temporary playable characters, if that?
    Yes.

to elaborate..:

I just got to Episode 4. As of right now, Hope makes an appearance as an NPC, Snow makes an appearance and joins the party as an NPC that can't be controlled nor affected by paradigms, but Sazh/Lightning/Vanille/Fang are MIA.

Thanks for the info Rocky.

One more thing I had trouble grasping in the demo version was the crystarium. It seems like all classes are on the same string. Can you explain to me how it works? 1 node can be activated into various abilities ? I'm not sure I understand...

My first time playing a FF title at launch since VIII...yes, it's been a while

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info Rocky.

One more thing I had trouble grasping in the demo version was the crystarium. It seems like all classes are on the same string. Can you explain to me how it works? 1 node can be activated into various abilities ? I'm not sure I understand...
    The way the Crystarium works is that you only have the one Crystarium for all of the roles. And at each node you pick which of the roles you want to use on that node. The larger nodes give bigger bonuses based on the type of role you select. So using the Commando on the large node will give you more attack while Ravager will give you more magic. The stats you get out of each node is based on the properties of each role. Using a node for that role levels it up. So any node can end up getting you the new skill.

Star of the FF Show OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Rising Star's Avatar

Well I Have got to wait another 48 hours to play it

But Worth the wait I Hope sounds like you guys are enjoying it anyways
    Apparently I Pre-ordered the last one round my part of town

Well about two hours into it, I know that's not very long...but it certainly doesn't tickle my pickle in the same way that 7 or 8 did. Battle system is pretty odd too, auto attacks...really? I realize it may not be the optimum way to go in boss fights later on but it feels like an interactive anime at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OnOneRyder View Post
    Well about two hours into it, I know that's not very long...but it certainly doesn't tickle my pickle in the same way that 7 or 8 did. Battle system is pretty odd too, auto attacks...really? I realize it may not be the optimum way to go in boss fights later on but it feels like an interactive anime at this point.
    what do you mean? have you played the first FFXIII?

Mystyrion

I am much to reminded of X-2 when it comes to this game.
    The story is nothing short of awful in my eyes. Nothing about it keeps me interested
    SPOILER!!:
    The fact that they jump around from time to time, meeting a previous/new character that will probably end up never even attaining that point in the future bores me. Its like the what if sequence in DBZ fighting games. Its fun for a minute, but to base an entire game off of it?
    Secondly I'm quite disappointed that their are only 2 main characters and everything else is supported by monsters or an usable NPC. It makes the focus on Serah and Noel way to much. Not to mention having different characters that you don't even have to have very much character development on. You'll see them what maybe twice in the game.
    Lastly would be the fact that main focus of the game is to find Lightning. While its predecessor (that was a direct sequel) X-2 was to find Tidus. Could they honestly not think of anything better?

The Crystarium feels like a cheapened version of the original, but whatever. Its not like i have any huge qualms with it. It works.

The only other things i dislike about the game other than the story is the voice acting/script and music
    Serah talks sooooo much. After every little change in the story i have to hear her feelings on it. Sometimes i can't tell if I'm watching an interactive movie or playing a game.
    The script feels like its been dumbed down a bit, so many times i just can't even understand why they are having the conversation. Its just so boring and bland.

The music is horrible, but that might just be a bias on my part. I haven't liked anything since Nubuo left, but even this felt a shade below XIII. I listened to the entire soundtrack before playing the game and kept like 6 songs. Not to mention i can at least think of two parts where the music didn't fit at all with what was happening with hardly any game time pumped into it.

That aside, the gameplay is obviously improved.
    No cut scenes in between paradigms changes.
    Towns
    Not so linear
    Graphics are the same great graphics from xiii if not improved.

Honestly in my eyes i feel the the 8.5ish rating the reviewers gave it was generous. But i won't give up on the game yet, I'm only on chapter 3.
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 02-02-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

I'm still in Episode 4, but it is quite long and it just got longer with what I've been tasked with undertaking. It does end up explaining a few things that I was trying to solve.

Anyway, I've got 9000 unspent points, but Serah is currently Com 50, Rav, 69, Sen 18, Sab 29, Syn 8, Med 30. I've finished up new skills for Com, Rav and Med for her. Noel is currently Com 71, Rav 35, Sen 24, Sab 18, Syn 21, Med 35. I've finished up new skills for Com and Med for him.

I'm currently using Spiranthes 20, Fanbanero 25 and Scutari 20 as my monsters.

I have 38/160 Fragments, 17:19 hours and 54456 gil. I didn't realize how much gil I had until now. I've currently unlocked 15 locations in time.

Registered User OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

Anyone else notice that Noel likes talking/gesturing with his hands a lot? I know that most characters do, but he seems to do it more. It's kind of distracting. BUT I'M ENJOYING THIS SO FAR. I am pleasantly surprised by that fact. Right now, Serah and Noel are in the Sunleth Waterscape and have just met up with...
    SPOILER!!:
    Snow

Haven't found out how he got there in that particular time period, but I'm sure I'll find out soon.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    what do you mean? have you played the first FFXIII?
    No, and that very well may be my problem. I was told by a ff super nerd friend that it should be playable without playin 13. I'll give it some time, it just hasn't drawn me in right away like the psx titles did :/

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The way the Crystarium works is that you only have the one Crystarium for all of the roles. And at each node you pick which of the roles you want to use on that node. The larger nodes give bigger bonuses based on the type of role you select. So using the Commando on the large node will give you more attack while Ravager will give you more magic. The stats you get out of each node is based on the properties of each role. Using a node for that role levels it up. So any node can end up getting you the new skill.
    So how would you activate the crystarium based on the information you've just provided? You speak of the big nodes and little nodes, I understand this, but say for example, you would be focusing on ravenger, would there be any reason you would be activating only the big nodes for ravenger and small nodes for anything else?

I am upto chapter 3. The game hasnt quite grasped me as of yet, which is worrying since it should have by now. I feel random battles are a complete waste of time as the CP you get from boss battles and fragments is enough to progress thoguh the crystarium without the need of random battles. I also think long scripted sequences bog down the gameplay. Im not sure how some classes work either.

Does 1 sentinal give a party defence bonus?
    Do commandos give a party attack bonus?
    etc...

I would prefer more costume changes like in X-2. That was great. Changing class and costume would have added a nice variety. So would weapon changes.

Mystyrion

So how would you activate the crystarium based on the information you've just provided? You speak of the big nodes and little nodes, I understand this, but say for example, you would be focusing on ravenger, would there be any reason you would be activating only the big nodes for ravenger and small nodes for anything else?

I am upto chapter 3. The game hasnt quite grasped me as of yet, which is worrying since it should have by now. I feel random battles are a complete waste of time as the CP you get from boss battles and fragments is enough to progress thoguh the crystarium without the need of random battles. I also think long scripted sequences bog down the gameplay. Im not sure how some classes work either.

etc...

I would prefer more costume changes like in X-2. That was great. Changing class and costume would have added a nice variety. So would weapon changes.
    When developing roles on larger crystals for Serah and Noel, player can get:
    2 points to Strength from upgrading the Commando role.
    2 points to Magic from upgrading the Ravager role.
    6 points to HP from upgrading the Sentinel role.
    2 points to either Strength or Magic for upgrading the Saboteur role. Leveling up to an even level will give Strength (Levels 2, 4, 6, and so on). Leveling up to an odd level will give Magic.
    Either 6 points to HP or 2 points to Magic for upgrading the Synergist role. Leveling up to an even level will give HP (Levels 2, 4, 6, and so on). Leveling up to an odd level will give Magic.
    6 points to HP for upgrading the Medic role.

Taken from FFWikia Crystarium System

I want to play a game. OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Zargabaath's Avatar

I'm in the first part of Chapter 3. Farming Potent Slivers and whatnot from an enemy. I have been surprised by the music as most of it has been pretty good.

Story has picked up and so far, for good or bad, what was said in the gameinformer has rung true - every mystery is b/c of time paradox. I can understand that since time is being messed with paradoxes would happen. Perhaps there will be variety later to come as every answer being "time paradox" may get stale. I do find everyone grasping at everything being a time paradox so quickly a bit hard to take.
    SPOILER!!:
    even in chapter 1 NORA was talking about as if it was nothing new. I felt it took away from perhaps the mystery of what is going on. It's bam right in your face; kinda like the purge in FFXIII I guess.
    I do have some questions I'm hoping to be answered later in the game. Though I feel like it won't be satisfactory. I believe it was ever-so subtly hinted in a bad way and won't be expanded further.

Noel and Serah have meshed pretty well so far. Making them the only two PCs not so bad. The monster recruitment was a very nice additive to the battle system. Funny that it took the series so long to implement that. However problems linger in the battle system from FFXIII. The stupid AI. I hate how my characters in battle don't move away from my Sentinel. So they sometimes get hit because they are in the damage box. It is quite annoying. And how they bee-line towards the enemy even if they are attacking the front when there is a Sentinel out who has provoked the enemy making it a great oppurtunity to attack from behind or the rear sides. This problem resided in FFXII as well but at least they could be moved manually. This battle system would only have been better if either the AI was smarter or we could move the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by OnOneRyder View Post
    I realize it may not be the optimum way to go in boss fights later on but it feels like an interactive anime at this point.
    If you feel that way about FFXIII-2, FFXIII goes much harder on the "interactive anime" point.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Have you set your paragrims to wide Zarg? I can give proof or anything but I imagine that setting is for spreading your party apart. Try it with your Sentiel one and let us know.
    EBG

I want to play a game. OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Noah View Post
    Have you set your paragrims to wide Zarg? I can give proof or anything but I imagine that setting is for spreading your party apart. Try it with your Sentiel one and let us know.
    I'll try it out but according to the game manual it says, "Wide: Characters broaden the focus of their attacks and use more area effect spells". Perhaps it may spread them out if they are attacking different monsters, but I don't see it helping against a Behemoth/single monster which I was fighting. I wasn't having a hard time I just found it annoying and a bit dissapointing. But I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries

Well I made it to Episode 5 and suspicions have been realized by me. But I won't say anymore. Things are getting very interesting though.

Anyway, aside from having 23748 unspent points, Serah is Com 50, Rav 79, Sen 32, Sab 50, Syn 8 and Med 30. Noel is Com 84, Rav 59, Sen 24, Sab 18, Syn 29, Med 35.

I currently have 62/160 Fragments, 94776 gil and 22:50 hours. I'm using Spiranthes 20, Flanbanero 25, Scutari 20.

I've only unlocked a couple more areas, but as you can see I've gotten a bunch more fragments.

Also, the monster battles are not pointless for Crystarium. I usually get equal points more than boss battles. In fact, probably 60-70% of my points is from monster battles. And no I've not tried to grind either. The points you get just increases quite a bit from early game, where they become more worthwhile.

Dynast-King OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Lockduck's Avatar

So far, I have been pleasantly surprised with this game. I bought it on release, but just started playing last night. The music was a little quirky at first listen, but it actually grew on me.

My only complaint so far is the ease of some of the trophies. I was farming Spicecilians (sp?) because I noticed the insane amount of potions they drop and I got 2-3 trophies right off the bat. I believe it was the pre-emptive strike one and the defeat an army of enemies one. There could be another one sprinkled in there, it was getting pretty late.

All in all, I can't wait to put in some quality time in this weekend.
    Last edited by Lockduck; 02-03-2012 at 08:27 AM.

etc...

Sentinel gives you defense, yes. HP regenerates there too. It's a tank class. It taunts the enemy into attacking the sentinel too.

Commandos I believe (I may be wrong here) give you a bonus to keeping the chain gauge up - like if the chain gauge goes back down in between hits, the commando hit keeps it in place or assists it in raising in some way. Is that right?

Ravager is a pew pew.

Sab is debuff, syn is buff.

Medic is self explanitory.

In order to really min/max your characters, the thing to do is focus on things that give Serah the most magic bonuses and Noah the the most strength bonuses. Don't think that's a spoiler. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The British Guy. OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've just started episode 2 although it was only released today, and i have no kind of loyalty card, i also got the pre-order bonus which is pretty awesome. Noels extra battle armour is good Serahs isn't that good tbh although i am really enjoying this game. i am not sure of levels also, omega weapon is downloaded content close to the beginning of the game and as you'd expect he is really tough to kill.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Blog Entries

otomo a slight edit. Commandos are physical fighters dealing in offense, but their purpose in the grand scheme of combat is to maintain the stagger bar. When the Commando attacks it stabilizes the stagger meter so that it is slows down its depletion. Ravagers are magical fighters dealing in offense as well. The purpose for them in combat is to rapidly increase the stagger bar.

In typical combat you'll attack with the Commando first to slow the stagger bar's decrease and then switch to Ravager to quickly fill the meter. After the monster is staggered switch to Commando or stay with Ravager which ever the enemy is weaker against and deal greater damage. While staggered, the enemy takes more damage and the higher the stagger percent, the greater the damage multiplier.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast