Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

GranFran OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) GranFran's Avatar

Re: OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

OMG! I'm stunned senseless!! I thought I played the game through before but I think I must have really goofed up.. I remember fighting Caius but I must have hit the wrong button because I never fought those 3 monsters before last night! And I never had the ending where what happened happened.. I'm very confused to say the least.. I don't want to give anything away but I'm very sad tonight.. And, I'm not sure how to fix what I did.. When I go to the gates there are several still closed and I have no fragments to open them.. Did I do something wrong in the game? Hmmm... I will have to think about this..

Boxer of the Galaxy OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Rowan's Avatar

Finally completed the main storyline with 151 fragments. The ending... Hmm... I don't know how I feel about it. I can't help but compare it to ther final fantasies, but it wasn't great in my opinion. Especially because of ... Well you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Finally completed the main storyline with 151 fragments. The ending... Hmm... I don't know how I feel about it. I can't help but compare it to ther final fantasies, but it wasn't great in my opinion. Especially because of ... Well you know.
    I know, hon, I know.. So, does this mean there will be a 13-3 or perhaps a 13-2A or something.. I'm still somewhat shocked, not the ending I was hoping for, that's for sure.. Also, what exactly happened to Snow? Did he, well, die or something? He just disappeared and I never quite figured that one out..

Quote Originally Posted by GranFran View Post
    I know, hon, I know.. So, does this mean there will be a 13-3 or perhaps a 13-2A or something.. I'm still somewhat shocked, not the ending I was hoping for, that's for sure.. Also, what exactly happened to Snow? Did he, well, die or something? He just disappeared and I never quite figured that one out..
    Just imagine. FF13-2-2 the sequel. *mind blown*
    I was hoping for a far better ending too. Oh well.

The Quiet One OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I finished Sazh's DLC. It is about what you expect. Not a lot in the way of answers, but the side quest with Chocolina is actually more interesting and revealing than the bit with Sazh and gambling. Though maybe I needed more medals. I don't know. The poker is nothing new, but the Chronobind is actually pretty fun and different. And it is a pretty good and reliable way to earn some coins as well. Up side is that you get 10k coins to start from. So as long as you play well you can come out ahead and have a lot of coins to buy the items for fragments.

Hard to say if it is worth $5 for everyone, but you look at it like this and I make a decision off that. You get two new mini-games, one new monster, a side quest that actually revealing and some Sazh story. And if you want 10k coins for your troubles as well. If that is $5 worth then go for it.

The Snow DLC will probably be more interesting story-wise.

I'll have to level up Sazh, but I don't know everything he gets as a Synergist, but when I find out I'll let you know. Hopefully, he gets Haste to make him really useful.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Well I finished Sazh's DLC. It is about what you expect. Not a lot in the way of answers, but the side quest with Chocolina is actually more interesting and revealing than the bit with Sazh and gambling. Though maybe I needed more medals. I don't know. The poker is nothing new, but the Chronobind is actually pretty fun and different. And it is a pretty good and reliable way to earn some coins as well. Up side is that you get 10k coins to start from. So as long as you play well you can come out ahead and have a lot of coins to buy the items for fragments.

Hard to say if it is worth $5 for everyone, but you look at it like this and I make a decision off that. You get two new mini-games, one new monster, a side quest that actually revealing and some Sazh story. And if you want 10k coins for your troubles as well. If that is $5 worth then go for it.

The Snow DLC will probably be more interesting story-wise.

I'll have to level up Sazh, but I don't know everything he gets as a Synergist, but when I find out I'll let you know. Hopefully, he gets Haste to make him really useful.
    I think it sounds worth $5.. I'll have to hook up to the net and check it out.. What do you think about the ending? 13-3 coming to your local video game store soon? They better not leave it hanging this way.. But I was thinking, they did give you two options with Caius.. Did I choose the wrong one and this is what you get? Ah, my mind is fog, I feel sad but think things will be better tomorrow.. There's still plenty to do and lots of challenges that I have yet to complete.. Have a great night..

Not a lot in the way of answers, but the side quest with Chocolina is actually more interesting and revealing than the bit with Sazh and gambling.
    How much revealing are we talking about with chocolina?

Blog Entries

The Chocolina story explains who she really is. She was always a little bit of a strange individual that did not really mesh with everything else. So you find out why that is the case. And the connection with Sazh is important.

To answer about the ending...
    Spoiler:
    Considering a while back they registered FFXIII-3 website, the likelihood is that they will conclude the story with another game probably in about 2 years time. There is chance that DLC will provide additional stuff for the ending, but unless go they expansion pack route and make like a $20 DLC pack for the game I find it unlikely that it will be ended in DLC. There is still a lot that they have to fix.

Best guess would be that Noel and Hope will probably be the party with the probably chance of Sazh and Snow being either guests or permanent members as well. Since Serah was the monster tamer, monsters probably won't return or if they do through another means.

At some point they will probably figure out how to get Serah back which may re-enable monsters. Though if Serah is a lot like Yeul, she may just get re-incarnated and that will be how they bring her back. Though she'll be a baby. With all of the paradoxes closed, I don't think there is a broken timeline anymore, so who knows if it is possible for an adult Serah to be around again. Though even if she does, she'll just be destined to the same fate as Yeul if the timeline changes, which it'll have to at least once.

It's a pretty gusty move they made with Serah and makes for a great cliffhanger. So I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    The Chocolina story explains who she really is. She was always a little bit of a strange individual that did not really mesh with everything else. So you find out why that is the case. And the connection with Sazh is important.
    I didn't need the Sazh DLC to find that out, actually. When you find the chocobo chick in Serendipity, just read what it says when you click on the fragment... then you find it out PRETTY easily.

As for the Sazh DLC, I waited ALL NIGHT LONG for it to appear in the downloads list and when it was finally there, I was a bit disappointed. I hoped to have to fight as well. The card game is okay, but I haven't tried the other game. The story itself... seems kinda interesting. As Sazh was my favorite character to begin with, it's worth the money for me. (Thooough I'd reaaaaally liked to have to fight with him... but he'll be in my party right after finishing his part *_*")

Quote Originally Posted by GranFran
    You did notice there is not a swimsuit for Noel, right?
    Yeah, that was another thing I was confused about. There is a swimsuit for Serah, but none for Noel. Instead, Noel has an outfit which reveals even LESS skin. But I don't mind. I won't buy any of these. ^^" I'm always pretty confused about the outfits in JRPGs - it's not that I'm insulted by the sexism shown, I don't really mind, I just don't get why I should download such stuff. ^^"

Therefore:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    Freya, I'm the kind of guy that likes to create sexual, ampal breast, cute female characters as my playable character.
    I wouldn't EVER choose a male character who's half-naked as a playable character. BUT I do understand why you do this. My boyfriend once told me why he always chooses female characters in all the games, even when he has the chance to choose the sex: when he's playing a game, he has to look at this character for many hours, and he's more keen on looking at a woman than at a man.
    So if you really like the outfit (I don't find it that pretty either), I can definitely understand that you like to look at it.
    I just wouldn't EVER pay money for that. Maybe because I don't have that much money. ^^"

As for the ending: I can image what it'll be like. There's been some hints to it. I'll tell you if I was right in a few days. Don't think I'll need that much longer for the game. Except I really want to find ALL fragments. ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

To answer about the ending...
    Spoiler:
    Considering a while back they registered FFXIII-3 website, the likelihood is that they will conclude the story with another game probably in about 2 years time. There is chance that DLC will provide additional stuff for the ending, but unless go they expansion pack route and make like a $20 DLC pack for the game I find it unlikely that it will be ended in DLC. There is still a lot that they have to fix.

Best guess would be that Noel and Hope will probably be the party with the probably chance of Sazh and Snow being either guests or permanent members as well. Since Serah was the monster tamer, monsters probably won't return or if they do through another means.

At some point they will probably figure out how to get Serah back which may re-enable monsters. Though if Serah is a lot like Yeul, she may just get re-incarnated and that will be how they bring her back. Though she'll be a baby. With all of the paradoxes closed, I don't think there is a broken timeline anymore, so who knows if it is possible for an adult Serah to be around again. Though even if she does, she'll just be destined to the same fate as Yeul if the timeline changes, which it'll have to at least once.

It's a pretty gusty move they made with Serah and makes for a great cliffhanger. So I'll be interested in seeing what happens.

Yes, you're probably right, though I think it's kind of mean in a way, having to wait another long period of time to find out what will happen but I'm sure they will be able to write themselves out of this.. I mean look at FF10-2.. They did a pretty nice job of bringing Tidus and Yuna together permanently (although I'm still a bit in the dark about just HOW since Ti was a dream creation, but I was just happy they solved the problem).. I am a pure romantic at heart and don't like sad endings, period..

But the next one is going to have be a doozy since entrophy is now in effect..

Does anyone know what happened to Alyssa? I tried to go back using the Paradox Scope on Academia 4XX.. It said to deliver the G. cores to her but when I went to the Academy she wasn't there.. I don't want to say too much more but could use some help if anyone else has done this sidequest..
    Last edited by GranFran; 02-29-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Actually, thats an incredibly interesting point that I completely forgot about Granfran, I'm hoping andromeda can shed some light on this one for me.

Spoiler:
    What happened to Alyssa? Wasn't she evil because the gat in academia 5xx (i think) took us to the void beyond and she smiled at us as if she was masterminding having us killed, Mog mentioned something like this before it all happened, and then we never see her again. What were her true intentions?

Blog Entries

There is a paradox ending that explains the things behind why and what Alyssa was doing there. If you haven't seen the paradox ending for here then don't read the spoilers ahead if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:
    Alyssa is likely dead, but because of the fact that when the paradoxes were resolved she would switch places with her friend. Her dead friend that she talks about during episode 2 would be alive in her place. So her existence as she is would cease.

I actually enjoyed the ending because of the ending it was. Because it was different from the other endings.

There is a paradox ending that explains the things behind why and what Alyssa was doing there. If you haven't seen the paradox ending for here then don't read the spoilers ahead if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:
    Alyssa is likely dead, but because of the fact that when the paradoxes were resolved she would switch places with her friend. Her dead friend that she talks about during episode 2 would be alive in her place. So her existence as she is would cease.

I actually enjoyed the ending because of the ending it was. Because it was different from the other endings.
    Oh, you're right, I remember now, I thought she looked weird, like she was planning something but to tell you the truth, I didn't like her much from the start.. She seemed very jealous of Hope, the way she clung to his arm.. Next time I play through I will have to pay more attention to what happens to her..

Right now, I'm going after all the other fragments.. I just finished bringing down Immortal and got Remus and Romulus.. I have 146 total and am getting ready to take on Yomi next..

I'd like to know what everyone's favorite pack is.. Most of the time I use the Apotamkin for my Rav (because I couldn't get a Blue Chocobo this time around, though I tried a million times), A Red Chocobo and a Dragoon for my Com and a Bunkerbeast for my Sen.. I occasionally switch to a Flandit for Med but 80% of the time I use my 'A' team.. Been pretty happy with them.. The Apotamkin is a great Rav when infused with a few others but I use it mostly because of it's passive effects, more gil and find more items.. I think it's the only one that has both of these passive effects.. Combined with the Collector's Catalog that I use on both Serah and Noel, each kill provides me with double or triple items and more rare drops..

The first time I played through I used a Chocobo set-up and I thought it was the best but now, after playing with this set-up, I'm not so sure.. Love to know what everyone else thinks is the best..

Dayman OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Tezcat's Avatar

I'd like to know what everyone's favorite pack is.. Most of the time I use the Apotamkin for my Rav (because I couldn't get a Blue Chocobo this time around, though I tried a million times), A Red Chocobo and a Dragoon for my Com and a Bunkerbeast for my Sen.. I occasionally switch to a Flandit for Med but 80% of the time I use my 'A' team.. Been pretty happy with them.. The Apotamkin is a great Rav when infused with a few others but I use it mostly because of it's passive effects, more gil and find more items.. I think it's the only one that has both of these passive effects.. Combined with the Collector's Catalog that I use on both Serah and Noel, each kill provides me with double or triple items and more rare drops..

The first time I played through I used a Chocobo set-up and I thought it was the best but now, after playing with this set-up, I'm not so sure.. Love to know what everyone else thinks is the best..
    My favourite is Lightning as my RAV, Cichu or Amodar as my COM and Silver Chocobo as my SEN. I say favourite, I've barely played around with it since I got those to their max levels. Currently levelling Twilight Odin and Omega though so we'll see if they replace the COMs

Quote Originally Posted by Tezcat View Post
    My favourite is Lightning as my RAV, Cichu or Amodar as my COM and Silver Chocobo as my SEN. I say favourite, I've barely played around with it since I got those to their max levels. Currently levelling Twilight Odin and Omega though so we'll see if they replace the COMs
    Lightning as your Rav? How did you get Lightning?

I was going to use the Silver Chocobo as my Sen, but decided to race him and the golden at Serendipity.. The Bunkerbeast is nearly as good as the Silver.. I just brought down the Gui in one stagger and I'm so pleased.. Got a Ribbon! Now it's on to Yomi..

Lightning you get from the Arena DLC...I was really into this for awhile but then I picked up Reckoning and now the collector's edition sits on my shelf all dainty like. I am still planning on buckling down and finishing the main story and get everything there is to get but I'm very undecided on picking up the bonus DLC stuff.

I mean having to pay out everytime a new episode comes out is going to get a little pricey I think. I guess it will depend on how much they release. Saying that is there any confirmation on how many DLC packages will be released?
    EBG

My favourite pack is Lightning as RAV (att: 917 Mag: 974) Silver chocobo as Sentinel (10,000hp) and Omega as Commando (attacks deal massive damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    Lightning you get from the Arena DLC...I was really into this for awhile but then I picked up Reckoning and now the collector's edition sits on my shelf all dainty like. I am still planning on buckling down and finishing the main story and get everything there is to get but I'm very undecided on picking up the bonus DLC stuff.

I mean having to pay out everytime a new episode comes out is going to get a little pricey I think. I guess it will depend on how much they release. Saying that is there any confirmation on how many DLC packages will be released?
    I don't think the DLC stuff is too expensive.. I mean the Sazh DLC is the highest at a bit over $5 but the outfits are only $2.99 (I got the cool fitted one for Noel, but that's it).. I didn't really see much else yet.. There were no weapons or the like.. This is actually my first time purchasing some DLC for a game but this is also my first PS3 game.. I bought ff13 for my XBox.. Most of my games are for the PS2 and the Wii..

This is me when im playing.

Blog Entries

My team is pretty poorly built because I only built enough to get by rather than to overpower. So I have Golden Chocobo (COM), Flanitor (MED), and the Flan Sentinel.

As for DLC there is no specifics right now, just a lot of rumors. Current reports are there will be a Snow story DLC pack and then for the Colosseum Jihl (FFXIII), Gilgamesh (FFV) and a FFVI villain.

Yesterday, after my boyfriend discovered the cardgames in the Sazh DLC, I got through the story and... really? That's it? There's nothing more? And Sazh as a party member isn't useful AT ALL. ._. I really thought there would be more to it...
    Don't get me wrong: The cardgames were nice to play, especially Chronobind. But it was way too short. I played it only about 2 hours to get through. That's just not enough. And I hated being stuck in Serendipity all the time, without a chance to get out. :/ And I already knew everything about Chocolina...
    So... what exactly did I purchase this for? Nothing. Nothing AT ALL!

I was really hoping there would be a great story. Also, I don't think Sazh would react the way he did at the end:
    SPOILER!!:
    Sp. He now wants to travel through time to change the future for Dajh. Yes, that's what you'd expect of Dajh. But why would he leave his son after desperately trying to find him in XIII? I don't get that. Surely he'd try to do something, but what about Dajh? He should know that you can't travel through the world when you have a son (who's not old enough to care for himself)....

Shortly said: I'm disappointed. ._.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Well, I already said I was disappointed in the end, it was certainly unexpected and I'm a little tired of Square's propensity for creating sad endings.. I mean in FF10 I was furious with the ending (especially Auron's) but, at least, with FF10-2 they brought Tidus and Yuna together and Wakka and Lulu.. I hated the ending in FF13 because they sacrificed Fang and Vanille (yes, I know, someone had to do it, ) but still, I felt those two had suffered enough as it was, losing their home and everyone they knew..

So, I was so looking forward to this game.. Here I thought they would solve all the problems, Fang and Vanille would be rescued and everyone would live happily ever after (my favorite type of ending ) but noooo, instead they make the ending worse and now we have to wait for another couple of years to see if it's going to be resolved! Sheesh! Square doesn't take us 'older' players into consideration at all, we aren't going to live forever!

(Going after Yomi this morning..)

Andromeda, what if they bring the DLC Kefka? Ooooh, he was one really hard dude to kill!
    Last edited by GranFran; 03-02-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Blog Entries

It would be very interesting if they brought in Kefka or someone else from FFVI. When they said villain I could only think of Kefka, but there might be others. It should be interesting, especially if they start filling up the Colosseum with other FF characters. A HD Kefka would be interesting to see.

It would be very interesting if they brought in Kefka or someone else from FFVI. When they said villain I could only think of Kefka, but there might be others. It should be interesting, especially if they start filling up the Colosseum with other FF characters. A HD Kefka would be interesting to see.
    It could certainly lead to a very unique event.. I'm thinking that if they brought all the best villains into the Colosseum, such as Kefka, Sephiroth, Cloud, etc, that they might even go farther.. I mean why not from other Square Enix games.. They could really make it a cool extension to all their games..

Getting carried away now..

Dynast-King OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Lockduck's Avatar

I defeated Long Gui this weekend, and now have him on farm status. It's amazing how much of a difference Tortoise makes! I guess I am super unlucky because out of about 15 or so fights, not a single Adamantite dropped. It's the only ingredient I need for the ultimate weapons!! I know Chocobo racing yields them at a much better rate, but to be honest I'm scared to get back into it. It seems a bit daunting with the passive abilities and infusion, etc. I dabbled in it earlier in the game, but was totally destroyed at the beginner level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockduck View Post
    I defeated Long Gui this weekend, and now have him on farm status. It's amazing how much of a difference Tortoise makes! I guess I am super unlucky because out of about 15 or so fights, not a single Adamantite dropped. It's the only ingredient I need for the ultimate weapons!! I know Chocobo racing yields them at a much better rate, but to be honest I'm scared to get back into it. It seems a bit daunting with the passive abilities and infusion, etc. I dabbled in it earlier in the game, but was totally destroyed at the beginner level.
    Why are you scared to race your Chocobo.. Do you have the Silver? Once you do and infuse it with a Lv 1. Pulse Gladiator, a Lv. 24 Microchu, a Lv 1. Cait Sith, a Lv. 16 Bamapama, a Lv. 8 Flandit, a Lv 1. Pitterpatter and a Lv. 1 Cactuar to get all the best passive abilities.. All of these monsters are pretty easy to replace for the Monster quest Bestiary, so don't worry about that part.. Each will infuse your Silver Chocobo with great racing abilities and he will win pretty much all the time.. You can win some great items that you can't get anywhere else (especially adornments)..

Have fun!

What I find a waste of time and money is the slot machine.. I've never won on that thing once! It just keeps hitting the same few icons time after time.. A big cheat if you ask me..
    Last edited by GranFran; 03-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Once you do and infuse it with a Lv 1. Pulse Gladiator, a Lv. 24 Microchu, a Lv 1. Cait Sith, a Lv. 16 Bamapama, a Lv. 8 Flandit, a Lv 1. Pitterpatter and a Lv. 1 Cactuar to get all the best passive abilities.. All of these monsters are pretty easy to replace for the Monster quest Bestiary, so don't worry about that part..
    I wasnt aware it needed to be in your possesion in order to complete the beatiary side quest? I thought you just had to defeat it at least once?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I wasnt aware it needed to be in your possesion in order to complete the beatiary side quest? I thought you just had to defeat it at least once?
    Gosh hon.. I just assumed you needed to have them in possession.. It's difficult to tell and my strategy guide doesn't say either way.. I guess the only way to find out is to gather up all the difficult ones and then go check it out with Dr. M.. If you're missing any of the easy ones you used for infusing then I guess you need to have them all in your possession..

Perhaps someone else knows for sure?

Blog Entries

Possession isn't required for the quest. All you have to do is encounter them once. You don't end need to complete the information for the monster. So it is not as scary as you thought it might be.

Possession isn't required for the quest. All you have to do is encounter them once. You don't end need to complete the information for the monster. So it is not as scary as you thought it might be.
    That's great to know, hon.. Thanks.. I was thinking I might have to go back and re-gather the ones I used to infuse other monsters and my silver chocobo, so am happy I won't have to do that.. Great news!

Have you had any problems getting a specific monster to appear? I have not been able to get the Blue Chocobo to appear more then a handful of times and have not gotten it's crystal.. I'm getting towards the end of the monster quest, just a few hard ones left to get, but now am getting worried about getting the Blue.. It is not rare, to my knowledge, but for some reason it just won't appear..
    Last edited by GranFran; 03-05-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast